Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM
F40

826 posts, read 857,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And yet polls show Romney ahead of Obama today and outraising him. I guess the only people upset are those who wouldnt vote for him..

I am sure Romney Hood is outraising him in donations.But Could you post up the polls that show Romney ahead of Obama Today?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Ann Romney: No More Tax Returns Will Be Released

The arrogance of this woman and the Romney campaign is unbelievable. Romney promised two years of tax returns and now expects our vote with one partial return? But hey, they aren't hiding anything, are they?
Obama never released his college records or his medical records. We were not allowed to ask any questions about his past during the 08 elections. The MSM worked harder at covering up Obama's past and refused to even discuss Obama's very warm relationship with the radical left.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:43 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
And if it was released it would show he has paid twice on the same dollar.

Cap gains is wrong and unfair to anyone to be paying in the first place.

He already paid his fair share.

How about the other 49% of free loaders paying their fair share now!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM

756 posts, read 714,484 times
This issue will DOG Shady Mitt all the way up to his (inevitable) loss in Nov...

Old 08-15-2012, 11:45 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Faux outrage. If he cheated on his taxes, let the IRS deal with it. If he didn't, then his taxes aren't anyone's business. We know he's rich. We know where he's worked, went to school, and spent his life.

Anything else is irrelevant to the presidency. And seriously, if you think Ann is arrogant, what is Michelle?

Please show me anywhere that Romney "promised" 2 years of returns. I'd love to see that.
I don't think he cheated on his taxes. However, since he lives on capital gains, it is easy to find tons of "loopholes" to reduce your income from the already 15% rate. I think he is afraid that it would just open him up to bashing that the current tax system is unfair (and it is...to everyone IMO).

It would not surprise me that the most recent return is a purposely massaged return that hovers his income near the "15%" rate by taking minimal tax deductions or moving money around. His previous years may have been under 10%.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I can't understand why the Romney campaign keeps sending Ann out to attempt to defuse the tax return issue.

She says exactly the same thing as Mitt and does it with a tone and manner that just oozes with contempt for the "you people". Queen Ann and her attitude actually just makes things a lot worse.
yeah, Ann should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen where she belongs, right?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:46 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
And if it was released it would show he has paid twice on the same dollar.

Cap gains is wrong and unfair to anyone to be paying in the first place.

He already paid his fair share.

How about the other 49% of free loaders paying their fair share now!!!
Totally lame argument.

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Actually, there have been demands from both sides.
What I said wasnt mutually exclusive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So now you deny there is a demand for Romney to release more tax records? Remind me again what this thread is about then.

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

So now abiding by US tax law is arrogance? Really?

It would seem to me that the busy-bodies who want to delve into the finances of others (where the IRS has failed to find any chargeable offense) are the arrogant ones.

Why isn't the OP talking about the lack of a requirement for Senators or Congressmen/women to publish their tax returns? More feigned outrage or just parroting the Soros media's talking points agenda?

Polly want a cracker?
What's legally required has nothing to do with it. A candidate isn't legally required to do anything--debate, do stump speeches, or talk about their record, etc., but it's an expected and customary part of their campaign. So is releasing tax returns. When you don't do what is expected and customary, you can't complain if people wonder if you're hiding something. What does he expect? Whining about it just makes him look worse, and that's why lots of R leaders are telling him to just get them out there and get it over with, because it IS going to hurt him. If the public asks for something that is NOT customary, I agree with you--it's not anyone's business.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:47 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Proof in in the pudding. If Romney has nothing to hide and wants to be all the doubts and accusations to rest, it's very simple. Release the returns. It's absolutely relevant when you are running for President. American people have every right to know if you indeed paid no taxes and why he had these off shore accounts. It's absolutely fair game when you running for the Presidency. If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen Mr. Romney.
Do you feel the same about the Fast and Furious documents? That Obama will not allow to be released?

Difference is Romney is a private citizen that has no legal reason to be forced to release documents. The other is the POTUS that is breaking the law.

If Obama has nothing to hide, why not let the docs be released? And if you think this is OK, but that Romney should release his, you are a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections