Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Isn't it the hallmark of birthers to demand a release of his longform certificate?

It's how you identify with each other, correct?
I didn't demand him to do anything.

Why do you lie, is that the only way you can win?

I agree with Chris Mathews MSNBC and opinions at Mother Jones and Chicago Tribune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 12:39 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am not going to argue the birther point of view anymore after this post, because you guys are twisting words and lying and using poor logic.
wait a minute......... do not accuse someone of lying and/or twisting words then run away with "but i'm not going to talk about it anymore". if you believe i'm lying or twisting words then specifically point it out.

Quote:
Many short form birth certificates are not allowed for getting a passport.
correct. those are states that have short forms that do not contain all the state dept requirements. hawaii's COLB is not one of them. like i suggested, call your local passport office and ask if they'd accept a 2007 hawaii DoH issued COLB (i don't think that's "using poor logic").

Quote:
Obviously you have followed the birther issue....
yep.

Quote:
It is logical that if Obama would have simply released his longform certificate in 2008 or 2009 or 2010 it would have taken the wind out of the birther sails.
there's no evidence to support this. the COLB was prima facie proof of birth......... yet the claim was it wasn't (that you even believed). the LFBC was released........ and all new theories cropped up that it was a fake. there is nothing to support that these same conspiracy beliefs would not have happened in june 2008. in fact just the opposite. there were many proclaiming that the COLB was fraudulent in june 2008.

then there is the second aspect of birtherism, the "2 US parent" theory. there is absolutely nothing any birth certificate or obama can do to satisfy that belief.

Quote:
.....but you know it is true and you know you are distorting.
no, i don't.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
wait a minute......... do not accuse someone of lying and/or twisting words then run away with "but i'm not going to talk about it anymore". if you believe i'm lying or twisting words then specifically point it out.

correct. those are states that have short forms that do not contain all the state dept requirements. hawaii's COLB is not one of them. like i suggested, call your local passport office and ask if they'd accept a 2007 hawaii DoH issued COLB (i don't think that's "using poor logic").

yep.

there's no evidence to support this. the COLB was prima facie proof of birth......... yet the claim was it wasn't (that you even believed). the LFBC was released........ and all new theories cropped up that it was a fake. there is nothing to support that these same conspiracy beliefs would not have happened in june 2008. in fact just the opposite. there were many proclaiming that the COLB was fraudulent in june 2008.

then there is the second aspect of birtherism, the "2 US parent" theory. there is absolutely nothing any birth certificate or obama can do to satisfy that belief.

no, i don't.
I said I am not going to argue the birther point of view since I don't and have never bought into it.

I didn't say I wasn't going to stop debating my original point. So once again you twist my words. Do you normally have to lie and twist words to feel like you can win a debate? If so, perhaps what you believe is wrong.

I agree with Chris Mathews of MSNBC and his panelists from places like Mother Jones and the Chicago Tribune...all known to be left leaning.

If you want to call Mother Jones and MSNBC pro-birthers then go ahead.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:49 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
There are unwarranted attacks on him and his wife, just like most modern presidents have had to endure.

The race card has been overplayed so much it has lost all of its effect with many Americans - which is sad.
It can't be "overplayed" if that is what is happening, why don't you and others say what you really mean. "Racial issues do not affect me and therefore I'm tired of hearing about them", that being said now don't you feel better?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:55 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It can't be "overplayed" if that is what is happening, why don't you and others say what you really mean. "Racial issues do not affect me and therefore I'm tired of hearing about them", that being said now don't you feel better?
Except it's not happening, unless you're someone that sees everything as a race issue. Now you're a mind reader? You KNOW what people REALLY mean? Please. The real racism is the folks that defend Obama to the death, because he is black.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:57 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Do you normally have to lie and twist words to feel like you can win a debate?
again, please point out specifically where you believe i'm lying.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,162,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Your BS meter is pegged against the top..! Come back and post when you learn something about the subject you're spouting off about. You just repeat the democrat talking points, all of which have no shred of truth..
All of Romney's millions that are tucked away in off shore accounts is fueling America's growth as we speak.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Racist issues effect me. I work with Hispanic youth.

The Race Card is overplayed. I was just called on this thread a racist -- for having the exact same opinion as major employees (one of which is black) of MSNBC, Mother Jones, and the Chicago Tribune. Because I said #1 Obama is born in America, but #2 he should have released the long form birth certificate sooner to end the birther 3 ring circus before it got too large.

That is the sad thing. There still are racist things going on that need to be addressed, but because intellectual lightweights throw the racism card every possible chance they get, it no longer has any effect with many Americans. So when it is used legitimately, many people shrug their shoulders and say its probably BS like all those other times.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:04 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,162,957 times
Quote:
I am not going to argue the birther point of view anymore after this post, because you guys are twisting words and lying and using poor logic.

Many short form birth certificates are not allowed for getting a passport.

I am not a birther.

Obviously you have followed the birther issue where as I haven't had interest in it.

Obama obviously was born here.

You can not find one post of mine at any time where I said birthers were correct. I have made several posts saying they are wrong.

I do think, as do others, that Obama allowed it to build by not releasing the long form certificate until 2011.

It is logical that if Obama would have simply released his longform certificate in 2008 or 2009 or 2010 it would have taken the wind out of the birther sails. Instead he waited until 2011 and it took the wind out of their sails...but only after it was already a big deal.

You can spin this obvious and logical conclusion of mine any way you want, but you know it is true and you know you are distorting.

You are indeed a birther if you believe that Obama should show his BC. It's that simple. Most educated people knew this was BS from the beginning. He has much more important issues to deal with than to pander to a group of nitwits who will never believe him even if they have video footage of his birth and his mother leaving the hospital with Hawaiian landmarks in full view.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You are indeed a birther if you believe that Obama should show his BC. It's that simple. Most educated people knew this was BS from the beginning. He has much more important issues to deal with than to pander to a group of nitwits who will never believe him even if they have video footage of his birth and his mother leaving the hospital with Haiwaiian landmarks in full view.
Yes MotherJones, MSNBC, and the Chicago Tribune are hotbeads of racist birthers for agreeing with me. It takes one minute for the president to release it, so time and issues aren't a good excuse...because as MSNBC and MotherJones pointed out --- the circus was taking time away from real issues. Yes birtherism was BS from the beginning, Americans of all persuasions believe in a lot of BS, you end the BS with evidence. That is what people at MSNBC and Mother Jones were asking for, just the little more evidence to shut up the BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections