Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 09:35 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Romney could survive this, after all he survived when the word came down from the Mount by Saintorum, didn't he?

That depends on who you rather believe a nutcase or a liar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You are right no one really cares that he is rich, but they do care HOW he got his money and WHY is it in overseas bank accounts, and WHY he is not being forth coming on his dealings with Bain capital. But you are right no one cares that he is wealthy
Keep thinking that, it's one in the same......

Old 07-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I'm starting to think that liberals, like yourself and the Obama sycophants at ABC news, are mentally feeble. You don't see a distinction here? Romney is a private citizen. So the Government Ethics standards do not apply to him. They apply to government employees. Kennedy was a government employee when Romney criticized his blind trust. Presumably if and when he is elected president Romney will take the necessary steps to make sure that his blind trust conforms to the standards expected of government employees.

You are correct he is a private citizen, but he is vying for the top elected office in the land this mess should have be taken care of BEFORE he decided to run for president. My question to you is that was'nt these trust in affect while he was governor of Ma? You are assuming that he would remove those blind trust after he gets in office, but what if does not? Don't you think that is a bit decietful?

Mr. Romney's investments are transparent. They are contained in the tax records he released earlier this year. That's how we learned that some of his money was invested in a Swiss bank and that he had some funds invested in banks in the Cayman Islands. Make of that what you will. But if the manager of an investment portfolio does not seek to maximize the return on investment he should be fired. Simply listen to the talking heads on the business channels. They're saying invest in emerging markets, not Europe or the United States. Right now the return on US government bonds is the lowest in history, thanks in large part because Bernanke is keeping rates low to finance Obama's spending spree. And that policy is chasing away investment dollars out of the US. There's your real scandal.

No one is questioning his investments just his tax returns that he will not release. True, this is the reason how everyone knew about his hidden bank accounts, but don't you think that this maybe the reason why he will not release anymore because of the fear that some other skeleton might pop out? Once again you are mixing investments with tax havens. Companies are sending their "investment dollars" overseas only because of cheap labor and max profits and this will continue under mitt, so what was your point again?

Old 07-13-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Doesnt really matter whats dug up on Romney, for many their vote is just an anti Obama vote more than a pro Romney vote.Could be found out Romney is the biggest crook ever,would matter not a whit to the right its the anti Obama vote that they find more important.

I found that to be true and undeniable even by other republicans that have been quoted saying that they will "just hold their noses and vote for romney". I'm really noticing the power of both racism and stupidity for some people to support mitt just because it is not Obama regardless of whatever he does or says wrong, even if it is against their own best interest.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So says the poster who cant do anything but project

LIE, Bush bailed out the auto industry, not Obama

Funny, you didnt list a dam thing he did before he was elected the first time

He sure did'nt but since you asked:

90+ Accomplishments of the Obama Administration so far

Old 07-13-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
That 20% is probably people like you who wouldnt vote for Romney under any circumstances because you use your blind partisan hate to keep you from discussing real issues while you run around deflecting from Obamas failures.

Since you mentioned real issues can you please list the things besides tax cuts for the wealthy and repealing the Healthcare Act any original plan that mitt said that he would do if elected?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:04 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Hey it got bush re-elected
I think you are mixing up Bush with Carter, and re elected with one term.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
So says the poster who cant do anything but project

LIE, Bush bailed out the auto industry, not Obama
I thought the whole point of posting a thread was to project a view or opinion..

As for Bush bailing out the auto industry? must be a lot of mis information out there as Obama has been taken to task relentlessly for his supposed bailing out of the auto industry.
You got a link on that issue pghquest so i can use it the next time Obama gets heat for bailing out the auto industry i can refer them to the real truth..?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I thought the whole point of posting a thread was to project a view or opinion..

As for Bush bailing out the auto industry? must be a lot of mis information out there as Obama has been taken to task relentlessly for his supposed bailing out of the auto industry.
You got a link on that issue pghquest so i can use it the next time Obama gets heat for bailing out the auto industry i can refer them to the real truth..?
Read this:

Quote:
The bailout, which ultimately totaled $85 billion, was originally begun during the waning days of the Bush Administration. With a specific rescue effort rejected by Congress, the former Commander-in-Chief decided to tap into a separate, $700 billion fund Capitol Hill did approve for the bailout of Wall Street and the banking industry.
Bush Would

Old 07-13-2012, 11:03 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
No one is questioning his investments just his tax returns that he will not release.
Well, you're right suggesting that the scandal erupted because of Romney's defensiveness when asked aobut releasing tax returns and providing the specifics of his foreign banking and business practices. Many people want to know, also, what that money squirreled-away is being used for and the businesses it is supporting. For someone asking for the job to run our nation I think the questions are fairly asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections