Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,472,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
He would have to have filed as you say HUNDREDS of pages of legal tax papers legally going by our USA tax laws.
So what? Release hundreds of pages.

Quote:
Does no good to offer more tax returns than Obama since it is a fishing exhibition.
No more than the ones against Obama. I say, let's do equal access fishing expeditions on both!

Quote:
When do we get Obama to show his college records and to allow people in Hawaii to investigate and access his actual birth records since his own lawyer said the Long Form Birth Certificate was not an authentic document?
This is a blatant lie. You can LISTEN to what the actually lawyer said yourself at this link. All she said was that New Jersey law did not require a candidate to furnish evidence of natural born citizenship status in order to run. And she was right, and THE JUDGE AGREED WITH HER, and the FISHING EXPEDITION was DISMISSED. So much for that BS.

snopes.com: Obama Officially Ineligible

When are you going to wise up and stop getting your information off of tea party blogs?

As for the rest, I say people should have at it. Not that it matters, because he's already released all of the info on the birther issue, and the usual freaks will always just claim that everything is a forgery and a cosmic conspiracy.

Oh, and he's released 12 years of his tax returns. As has Biden. Same as all presidential candidates have for like THE LAST THREE DECADES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 10:54 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,430,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But this is not the issue now is it. Say what you want but the focus is on Romney and his tax records. And only Romney can do something about it. Change the topic to Obama but that isn't working no matter how hard you try.

The issue is avoiding talking about the sh^tty economy, permanent 8% unemployment and the current administration's inability to create a pro-business environment in which the economy expands and private sector jobs are created.

If Romney isn't being investigated by the IRS for filing fraudulent returns, I have to assume there's nothing to see.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 PM

32,135 posts, read 15,126,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The left is foaming at the mouth worse than they were about Palin's emails. It's beyond insane anymore. I guess when it was found out Obama was taking piles of money from Bain they move on over to this. What next did Romney steal campaign money and have an affair while his wife was dying of cancer. Oh wait that was a different guy.
No one is foaming at the mouth Your guy Romney is in trouble and you're making light of it. You have no manners or couth to bring up John and Elizabeth Edwards.
What the heck do they have to do with this....nothing at all. So sad that you would even mention this

Old 07-18-2012, 10:56 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,140,490 times
Quote:
He would have to have filed as you say HUNDREDS of pages of legal tax papers legally going by our USA tax laws.

Does no good to offer more tax returns than Obama since it is a fishing exhibition.

When do we get Obama to show his college records and to allow people in Hawaii to investigate and access his actual birth records since his own lawyer said the Long Form Birth Certificate was not an authentic document?
That's true. All of this is just more distraction politics from Obama. Obama can't run on his job preformance. This is all he can do to Romney.

Obama's next big deal will be either the "Mormon" card or the " Race" card. He always has MSNBC or CBS
come up with something off the wall that is refuted at a later date.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So what? Release hundreds of pages.

No more than the ones against Obama. I say, let's do equal access fishing expeditions on both!

This is a blatant lie. You can LISTEN to what the actually lawyer said yourself at this link. All she said was that New Jersey law did not require a candidate to furnish evidence of natural born citizenship status in order to run. And she was right, and THE JUDGE AGREED WITH HER, and the FISHING EXPEDITION was DISMISSED. So much for that BS.

snopes.com: Obama Officially Ineligible

When are you going to wise up and stop getting your information off of tea party blogs?

As for the rest, I say people should have at it. Not that it matters, because he's already released all of the info on the birther issue, and the usual freaks will always just claim that everything is a forgery and a cosmic conspiracy.

Oh, and he's released 12 years of his tax returns. As has Biden. Same as all presidential candidates have for like THE LAST THREE DECADES.

Still can't get the administration to release those college records.

Sure would like to see those.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:58 PM

32,135 posts, read 15,126,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The issue is avoiding talking about the sh^tty economy, permanent 8% unemployment and the current administration's inability to create a pro-business environment in which the economy expands and private sector jobs are created.

If Romney isn't being investigated by the IRS for filing fraudulent returns, I have to assume there's nothing to see.

Assume all you want but I am not that naive. There is a reason Romney won't disclose his taxes. If there isn't then why won't he disclose them.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
That's true. All of this is just more distraction politics from Obama. Obama can't run on his job performance. This is all he can do to Romney.

Obama's next big deal will be either the "Mormon" card or the " Race" card. He always has MSNBC or CBS
come up with something off the wall that is refuted at a later date.

I'm going with MORMON card.

Since the Mormon church has a reputation for poor race relations, the RACE card will be added as a bonus for playing the Mormon card.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Still can't get the administration to release those college records.

Sure would like to see those.
Fair enough. He should release them.

By the way, can you send me a link to Romney's school transcripts? I sure would like to see those, too.

But for starters, I can send you a link to twelve years of Obama's tax records.

President Obama and Vice President Biden: 12 Years of Tax Returns — Barack Obama

Old 07-18-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
How many tax loopholes, deductions, credits, and exemptions did you decide not to take last tax season, or any tax season for that matter? Congress makes tax law, and the IRS enforces it. If you have a problem with someone using every legal avenue possible to keep their own money, then i'd surmise that you should be the first to forego any and all tax benefits on April 15th, 2013, as well.

Deal?
You don't get it. Really rich people have access to tax dodges that you can't even dream of. It's legal, but let voters see the impact for themselves and decide if they feel it is fair.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Assume all you want but I am not that naive. There is a reason Romney won't disclose his taxes. If there isn't then why won't he disclose them.

Were you this curious about Obama's long-form BC?

The Obama campaign would love to have twelve years of Romney tax returns with which to distract the voters for the next four months.

If they can't get the returns, like you, they'll speculate about what might be in them.

They would love to have something to talk about besides the failed stimulus, permanent 8% unemployment and stagnant wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections