Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 12:20 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
how many years of returns did obama release when he ran for president in 2008?
Obama campaign demands Mitt Romney?s tax returns - Boston.com

why should anyone have to release more than 1 or 2 years worth of returns?
Obama released seven years of tax returns to pressure then-Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton to follow suit.
FactCheck.org : Romney and the Tax Return Precedent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 12:47 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,416,312 times
Default GOP Rep: Romney in deep trouble over tax returns

Romney looks worse and worse. Tax return "hell" is a thorn in his neck.

Walter Jones On Mitt Romney's Tax Returns: 'I Don't Think This Will Go Away'

Old 08-04-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Seriously? You shriek for Obama's transcripts precisely because you ascribe to the belief that he is hiding something which proves wrongdoing but somehow it's grossly unfair when this "logic" is applied to Romney. LOL. Once again, thank you for proving that very term "birther logic" is an oxymoron.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:24 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,364,161 times
The real reason Romney is refusing to turn over his tax returns to the tender mercies of the MSM is to give three or four C-D regulars something to post about. He should thus be complimented for his compassion, not pilloried for his reticence.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,393,577 times
Obamas academic records really arent the equivalent of Romney's income tax returns and those academic records certainly seemed to have passed scrutiny in the successive academic hierarchy as he passed through grade school to high school to college to university,i think his reluctance to make his academic records public is a snub at the birthers who hounded him for his birth certificate and when he finally showed it was met with not good enough we want the long form they bleated so he gave them the long form to which they replied its fake to which he is now replying about his academic record f... y.. a..h...'s we got you're academic records right here suckers.
Obamas academic records? rightwing deflection and desperation at its finest.
Romney's financial records are an entirely different ball game and not an unreasonable request of a potential President of the USA from the people who are deciding to vote for him or not.
At this point i think Romney is a crook,keep your finances hidden Willard i dont care, i aint voting for you.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/camwiki/i.../Willard-a.jpg

Last edited by jambo101; 08-04-2012 at 05:00 AM..

Old 08-04-2012, 06:18 AM

272 posts, read 229,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The real reason Romney is refusing to turn over his tax returns to the tender mercies of the MSM is to give three or four C-D regulars something to post about. He should thus be complimented for his compassion, not pilloried for his reticence.
Uh... no.

Flippers is hiding something and he's being hypocritical.

Back in 1994 Romney demanded Ted Kennedy to release his tax returns. Mitt Romney said he would release HIS tax returns as soon as Ted Kennedy did. He lost this race and Ted Kennedy never released his tax returns, nor did Romney.

Fast forward to 2002, Romney AGAIN demanded not that his opponent release her tax returns, but that her HUSBAND release his. At this point, the Democratic opponent had already released her tax returns and Mitt Romney had not.

Listen to him here say that he was wrong to ask for Ted Kennedy's tax returns, and in the very same breathe talk about TWO of his Democratic opponent's spouses not releasing their returns:

Mitt Romney in 2002 On His Tax Returns - YouTube

The man is hiding something. Period.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:24 AM

30,120 posts, read 18,723,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Romney looks worse and worse. Tax return "hell" is a thorn in his neck.

Walter Jones On Mitt Romney's Tax Returns: 'I Don't Think This Will Go Away'
Dream on there Lex. Unemployment went up to 8.3% and it looks as though the US is heading into recession again.

The liberal strategy of trying to "change the subject" away from the economy is not working. THE MOST IMPORTANT issue for voters is the economy. They do not care about Mitt's horse or Ann's shirt. They care about jobs, their incomes, and their children's future.

Obama looks more and more ridiculous to rational voters (liberals, of course, excluded) as he has failed miserably on the economy and cannot run on his record. What president has ever conducted such a warped, weird campaign, in which he simply launches personal attacks against his opponant, in the absence of having any accomplishments to tout in his campaign? It is really pathetic.

It looks more and more not only like a Romney win, but a potential landslide victory.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:38 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,526,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Dream on there Lex. Unemployment went up to 8.3% and it looks as though the US is heading into recession again.

The liberal strategy of trying to "change the subject" away from the economy is not working. THE MOST IMPORTANT issue for voters is the economy. They do not care about Mitt's horse or Ann's shirt. They care about jobs, their incomes, and their children's future.

Obama looks more and more ridiculous to rational voters (liberals, of course, excluded) as he has failed miserably on the economy and cannot run on his record. What president has ever conducted such a warped, weird campaign, in which he simply launches personal attacks against his opponant, in the absence of having any accomplishments to tout in his campaign? It is really pathetic.

It looks more and more not only like a Romney win, but a potential landslide victory.
This

Old 08-04-2012, 08:50 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,830,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
As far as his wealth is concerned, personally I like many other Americans can care less but what is a concern is how he is able to pay less than 15% in taxes when everyone else pays considerably more. This on top of the fact that he is pushing for more tax breaks for people in his tax bracket.
I heard a discussion about this on local talk radio in L.A. It was the opinion of the host that the majority of Romney's income is investment income/capital gains, which is taxed at just below 15%. Nothing illegal, he paid his share. Good for him. He didn't do anything that anyone else here on this board wouldn't do if we were in his position. And I call bullcrap on anyone who says otherwise.

Romney shouldn't release them unless the IRS demands it. Screw everybody that insists he does.

And if this were the least bit true, why wouldn't Reid or anybody else actually report this to the IRS? Because there's nothing to report. Just a bunch grown men acting like tween girls spreading rumors about the new and more popular girl in town is what it is.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Obamas academic records really arent the equivalent of Romney's income tax returns and those academic records certainly seemed to have passed scrutiny in the successive academic hierarchy as he passed through grade school to high school to college to university,i think his reluctance to make his academic records public is a snub at the birthers who hounded him for his birth certificate and when he finally showed it was met with not good enough we want the long form they bleated so he gave them the long form to which they replied its fake to which he is now replying about his academic record f... y.. a..h...'s we got you're academic records right here suckers.
Obamas academic records? rightwing deflection and desperation at its finest.
Romney's financial records are an entirely different ball game and not an unreasonable request of a potential President of the USA from the people who are deciding to vote for him or not.
At this point i think Romney is a crook,keep your finances hidden Willard i dont care, i aint voting for you.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/camwiki/i.../Willard-a.jpg
Cannot rep you again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections