Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Exactly, and I do know many of their names, but I am sure not posting them on an internet message board. I don't think they would appreciate that at all.

There is actually a huge amount of diversity among both Mitt Romney's paid and volunteer staff. I was surprised myself in the beginning. It's very interesting and refreshing.
Say, is that a mormon thang, or do they always "segregate" ’em like that, into all the guys on one side and all the gals on the other? And BTW, you wouldn’t be the one in front wearing the glasses, would ’ya...(she does look kind of, um, "southern")?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 07:34 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
What im afraid of is he'll have the same attitude in office with appointing only whites.
Can anyone name one non white in the Romney campaign?
Mitt Romney

George Lopez: 'Mitt Romney Is a F--king Latino and He Won't Admit It' | NewsBusters.org

"Mitt Romney is a f--king Latino and he won't admit it. His father was born in Chihuahua, Mexico. Mitt Romney is a Chicano. " - George Lopez

Read more: George Lopez: 'Mitt Romney Is a F--king Latino and He Won't Admit It' | NewsBusters.org

Old 07-16-2012, 07:35 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Appointing only whites? What has skin color have to do with ability to run this country? Is that how you vote, on skin color?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:37 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Actually, this is probably more like your typical whitebread Romney staff...
What's wrong with "whitebread"? Maybe I should say what's wrong with ACTING "whitebread" like being sober, working, NOT fighting, speaking English and so on in the US? Sheesh!

Old 07-16-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Can anyone name one non white in the Romney campaign?
Mitt Romney

George Lopez: 'Mitt Romney Is a F--king Latino and He Won't Admit It' | NewsBusters.org

"Mitt Romney is a f--king Latino and he won't admit it. His father was born in Chihuahua, Mexico. Mitt Romney is a Chicano. " - George Lopez

Read more: George Lopez: 'Mitt Romney Is a F--king Latino and He Won't Admit It' | NewsBusters.org
Uh; Mitt IS "white"; not all Hispanics are "brown". Tho there's probably NO Hispanic culture in Mitt's life.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; Mitt IS "white"; not all Hispanics are "brown". Tho there's probably NO Hispanic culture in Mitt's life.
I was being tongue n cheek. I don't take the issue seriously.

But, if you want to be technical, I don't know many Hispanics/Latinos that
"consider themselves" white/Caucasian as a demographic on a US Census - do you......

Old 07-16-2012, 02:09 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What's wrong with "whitebread"? Maybe I should say what's wrong with ACTING "whitebread" like being sober, working, NOT fighting, speaking English and so on in the US? Sheesh!
Well, I guess that kinda depends on your definition of "whitebread". Here's probably the more common one, from urbandictionary.com:

"The term implies profound cultural naïvete, blind consumerism, and an unquestioning "follower" mindset. Common trappings of the whitebread lifestyle include golf, Kenny G and Enya CDs, SUVs, an irrational fixation on lawn care, Golden Retrievers, nominally Christian religious beliefs, Old Navy clothing, moderate to conservative political views, bad Chardonnay, equally bad espresso, cookie-cutter houses, Bath & Body Works hygiene products, and very white-collar employment.

Though whitebread individuals are usually white, the term is not necessarily racial in meaning - the implication lies more with the blandness, predictability, and banality of plain white bread. Accordingly, "wonderbread" is often used as a synonym.
I'll bet the amount of money that whitebread neighborhood spends on lawn fertilizer could feed a small African nation."

In short, all that's swell if you wanna live in some "Happy Days" fantasy of American Life, but as a recipe for living in the 21st century (let alone being POTUS)... not so much!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Exactly, and I do know many of their names, but I am sure not posting them on an internet message board. I don't think they would appreciate that at all.

There is actually a huge amount of diversity among both Mitt Romney's paid and volunteer staff. I was surprised myself in the beginning. It's very interesting and refreshing.
Weird, you have often claimed to not work on the Romney campaign, but this post makes it obvious that you do. Which is it?

Old 07-16-2012, 03:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I was being tongue n cheek. I don't take the issue seriously.

But, if you want to be technical, I don't know many Hispanics/Latinos that
"consider themselves" white/Caucasian as a demographic on a US Census - do you......
Mexican-Americans like myself put "white-of Hispanic origin" on any census doc or official doc. It is what my birth certif says, even though that is far from the history that my ancestors endured. Mexican-americans were classified as "white" because there were only 3 races of man at one time: caucasoid, negroid and mongoloid. In the 1920s, the anglo power structure started classifying mexican-americans as "mexican"- a distinct race, which the 1930 Census indicates. Mexican-americans lobbied and fought against this since such an "official" classification would make segregation "by law- de jure" just like black americans had to endure at the hands of the majority white anglo power structure. Rather than have this happen, mexican-americans formed civil rights org and lobbied intensely to become "white" again, which the 1940 Census indicates.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Well, I guess that kinda depends on your definition of "whitebread". Here's probably the more common one, from urbandictionary.com:

"The term implies profound cultural naïvete, blind consumerism, and an unquestioning "follower" mindset. Common trappings of the whitebread lifestyle include golf, Kenny G and Enya CDs, SUVs, an irrational fixation on lawn care, Golden Retrievers, nominally Christian religious beliefs, Old Navy clothing, moderate to conservative political views, bad Chardonnay, equally bad espresso, cookie-cutter houses, Bath & Body Works hygiene products, and very white-collar employment.

Though whitebread individuals are usually white, the term is not necessarily racial in meaning - the implication lies more with the blandness, predictability, and banality of plain white bread. Accordingly, "wonderbread" is often used as a synonym.
I'll bet the amount of money that whitebread neighborhood spends on lawn fertilizer could feed a small African nation."

In short, all that's swell if you wanna live in some "Happy Days" fantasy of American Life, but as a recipe for living in the 21st century (let alone being POTUS)... not so much!
Nothing real wrong with being "whitebread"; it's a whole lot better than anglo white Meth head, Black hood rat or La Raza "culture".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections