Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
GOP Can't Handle The Truth: Taxes Are Lower Under Obama Than Reagan | ThinkProgress

And even the CBO says taxes are lower now,
CBO: Taxes under Obama are at lowest levels since 1979 « VEN[domain blocked due to spam]

So according to you, low taxes = economic collapse, so Obama is to blame for the continuing economy situation, right?

Come on, I'm waiting for you to try to spin this.. FAIL!!!
People are earning less money, so the AVERAGE federal tax rates are lower. That doesn't mean Obama lowered rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 10:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
People are earning less money, so the AVERAGE federal tax rates are lower. That doesn't mean Obama lowered rates.
You failed elementary math because the tax RATE is less, not the overall total.. Do you understand the difference between a percentage, and a dollar?

Old 07-20-2012, 11:22 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
Quote:
Having a masters degree, wouldnt stop one from being a nitwit..

an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's common sense or intelligence ( insult )

With that masters degree, maybe you can list some of the Bush administration policies which got us into the mess.. I'll wait..
I'll be happy to.

The main Bush policy that got us into the mess was failure to have any regulations whatsoever on the housing market and on high-risk loans for mortgages. The housing market collapse is the reason the whole economy fell apart. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, simple as that.

I'm not saying Bush operated in a vacuum... others were to blame as well. But the Republicans are way too quick to let Bush off the hook without demanding some accountability. I think common sense says he is at least partially to blame.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:26 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I think most of us are clearly disappointed with President Obama. After four years of giving him a chance, far too many people are still unemployed or underemployed. Too many people are still living in poverty, struggling desperately to pay their soaring energy bills, rent, food costs, child care costs for their kids... the list goes on and on. Clearly, the Hope and Change that Obama promised in his campaign sounds flat-out ridiculous at this point.

I think Americans WANT to fire President Obama, but the last thing we want to do is give the Republicans another chance. After all, the Bush administration got us into this mess. Romney and the Republicans need to address why we would EVER want to give another Republican a chance after the disaster of the last administration. Romney needs to distinguish himself from President Bush and tell Americans why things would be different under his administration. Romney needs to convince me that he is a DIFFERENT KIND OF REPUBLICAN if he wants me to give him a chance. As much as i would love to get rid of Obama, i think a return to the Bush economy of 2008 would be even worse.

Romney needs to acknolwedge the severe failings of the previous Republican adminstration, and explain to us why his administration would be different. He needs to distance himself from the Bush adminstration.

I think he should apologize to the American people for the failings of Republicans in the past, and then set forth a plan to move forward with different and better solutions.
No matter what Romney or any Republican does, you'll still march to the polls and lemminglike vote for Oblama and all the Ds. Sad. If you're not convinced after the past 3.5 years that this guy is not up to the job, then there's no convincing you.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 AM

I am convinced that Obama is not up to the job... i am very convinced. That's the whole point. Did you not read the first paragraph of my post?? But why should i believe that Romney IS up to the job?? I'm trying to give you Republicans a chance to sway me to your side but you are so close-minded that you can't even answer the question. It's a wide-open opportunity for Republicans to win the general election, because Obama is doing so badly, but you picked a candidate that does not want to have a discussion with anyone who remotely disagrees with him. Anytime someone asks him a question that is not what he wants to talk about, he bristles. He is not going to be very good at winning over moderates.

I think you Republicans are more concerned about proving your point is right than you are about winning the election.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:54 AM

For a sales analogy, the American people are potential customers, very interested, dissatisfied with their current product and strongly considering buying yours, but still skeptical, asking questions about the product... and you Republicans are saying *********, we don't have to answer any questions... we don't want your business.

If i ever open a business, i probably won't be hiring many Republicans for my sales department.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
I'll be happy to.

The main Bush policy that got us into the mess was failure to have any regulations whatsoever on the housing market and on high-risk loans for mortgages. The housing market collapse is the reason the whole economy fell apart. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, simple as that.

I'm not saying Bush operated in a vacuum... others were to blame as well. But the Republicans are way too quick to let Bush off the hook without demanding some accountability. I think common sense says he is at least partially to blame.
C'mon guy. This doesn't even pass the laugh test. You gotta do better than that.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:21 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
You failed elementary math because the tax RATE is less, not the overall total.. Do you understand the difference between a percentage, and a dollar?
No, the AVERAGE tax-rate is less. More lower income tax-rates averaged in with higher tax-rates.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I'll be happy to.

Wrong.. Bush tried THIRTEEN TIMES to regulate the mortgage industry, and not only did Democrats stop it each and every time, but they demanded MORE OF IT..

Common sense doesnt change facts..

Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
No, the AVERAGE tax-rate is less. More lower income tax-rates averaged in with higher tax-rates.
The average tax rate is lower because Obamas stimuls bill gave people $400 credits. Are you telling me Obama is lying when he says he lowered peoples taxes?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...our_taxes.html

I'm pretty sure you, yourself have made such arguments here on cd.. Maybe you should think before you try to talk out of both sides of your mouth by claiming something so dumb that i cant believe anyone could mouth it and be expected to be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections