Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 PM

39,096 posts, read 51,295,696 times

Advertisements

There is a reasonable chance Romney won't even be the nominee with the tax evasion evidence about to come out. It just depends on when it leaks, either before or after the convention. In any case, Romney will not be the next US president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 02:01 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,969,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There is a reasonable chance Romney won't even be the nominee with the tax evasion evidence about to come out. It just depends on when it leaks, either before or after the convention. In any case, Romney will not be the next US president.
The lies never cease from Obama and his sock puppets, do they?

Old 07-27-2012, 02:04 PM

39,096 posts, read 51,295,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The lies never cease from Obama and his sock puppets, do they?
You had better believe, because it is real. The word I hear is that the Republican power brokers are working on who they can put up as a replacement and what can be salvaged after the amnesty news breaks.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:12 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,525,167 times
Yeah, Romney will win with an easy 6% popular vote margin. In spite of all the left's hopes and dreams, the election is already over for them. The republicans will also retain the house and probably add to their majority and I predict they'll take the senate too. It's a tidal wave coming and the c-d lefties don't see it (but the obama campaign knows).

Old 07-27-2012, 02:26 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,480,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Well, at least you acknowledge that fact.
You and most other Obama lovers think there's a 100% certainty Obama will win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Nah. It's not that important to me. I just know what all of the electoral maps look like, and they all show at least a slight lead for Obama.
That's the way it's been ever since CA, NY, IL, etc. have been safe Democratic states and PA has been a Democratic-leaning state.

The only top 6 state population wise that's safe for Republicans is TX and just one (Florida) is a tossup state.

This is compensated for by the fact that the tossup states - or at least the ones with the most electoral votes and, thus, the electoral votes in the tossup states - lean slightly more Republican than the nation as a whole.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
There is a reasonable chance Romney won't even be the nominee with the tax evasion evidence about to come out. It just depends on when it leaks, either before or after the convention.
You have really gone off the deep end.

Quote:
In any case, Romney will not be the next US president.
There's a good chance he will be. You can say otherwise until you're blue in the face and do all your pro-Obama cheerleading. That doesn't change that a majority of Americans do not approve of how Obama is handling his job, people are sick of how things are going in the country, and the overwhelming majority feel the country is off on the wrong track.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
You had better believe, because it is real. The word I hear is that the Republican power brokers are working on who they can put up as a replacement and what can be salvaged after the amnesty news breaks.
Wow. Just wow.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:30 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,829,347 times
I could see a scenario where Romney wins the electoral college and loses the popular vote. This would happen if Romeny wins by a thin margin in swing states and Obama wins by large margins in big blue states like California.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I could see a scenario where Romney wins the electoral college and loses the popular vote. This would happen if Romeny wins by a thin margin in swing states and Obama wins by large margins in big blue states like California.
It's very possible if Obama wins the popular vote by less than a point or so. The most likely scenario would involve Romney winning MO, FL, OH, NC, VA, and either CO or IA (of the RCP tossup states...not that I think MO is a tossup state). All of which could happen even if Obama very narrowly wins the popular vote nationally.

Likewise, it is possible that Romney could win the popular vote by less than a point or so and lose in the electoral college. The most likely scenario would involve Obama winning MI, NV, CO, IA, and NH (of the RCP tossup states). This is not that much more likely than a situation where Obama wins the popular vote and Romney wins the EV.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 07-27-2012 at 02:59 PM..

Old 07-27-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We will find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Yeah, Romney will win with an easy 6% popular vote margin. In spite of all the left's hopes and dreams, the election is already over for them. The republicans will also retain the house and probably add to their majority and I predict they'll take the senate too. It's a tidal wave coming and the c-d lefties don't see it (but the obama campaign knows).
The Obama campaign is definitely concerned. This is obvious to anyone with half a brain given their recent lines of attack, ads, etc.

If Romney wins the popular vote by a 6%-7% margin, he will have won FL, OH, NC, VA, IA, CO, NV, NH, PA, WI, MI, and maybe even OR and NM given how these states "swing" in relation to the national popular vote. There might be one or two of the states I listed that would go to Obama, but Romney would absolutely win well over 325 EV's for sure.

The Republicans are virtually certain to retain the House no matter who wins the presidential election. And there's a very good chance the Republicans will take the Senate even if Obama is re-elected.

While I do think Romney certainly has a good chance, I certainly don't think there's any real chance of him winning by 6 or 7 points, as I said earlier. I think, if he wins, it'll be by less than 2-3 points and he will take FL, OH, NC, VA, and IA and/or CO and/or NH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections