Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Ron Paul gets the nomination, will you get behind him?
No, I will not vote or I will vote for Obama 5 41.67%
Yes, I will 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,664,943 times

Advertisements

This poll is for non Ron Paul supporter Republicans. I know that Ron Paul supporters like to vote enmasse in every poll, so I have made the poll public. We know who most of the Ron Paul regulars are. Good for you for your support, but the purpose of this poll is to gauge rather or not establishment Republicans (for lack of a better term) can get behind him.

If your choice is Obama or Paul, who will you pull the lever for? (Keep in mind that I think Fox News and other rightwing news outlets will probably all but endorse Obama if Ron Paul gets the nomination.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 11:35 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,815,536 times
Just the possibility that Fox News might endorse Obama if it's between Obama and Paul, should be incentive for any Republican to vote for Paul. We all know what Obama's track record is.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:37 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,524,195 times
One of the first polls I'm not voting on

Old 12-19-2011, 11:37 AM

30,321 posts, read 23,805,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
This poll is for non Ron Paul supporter Republicans. I know that Ron Paul supporters like to vote enmasse in every poll, so I have made the poll public. We know who most of the Ron Paul regulars are. Good for you for your support, but the purpose of this poll is to gauge rather or not establishment Republicans (for lack of a better term) can get behind him.

If your choice is Obama or Paul, who will you pull the lever for? (Keep in mind that I think Fox News and other rightwing news outlets will probably all but endorse Obama if Ron Paul gets the nomination.)
Fair enough poll, I just take umbrage at you calling Republicans who aren't supporting Ron Paul as "regular".

I am a "regular" Republican, as well.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Just the possibility that Fox News might endorse Obama if it's between Obama and Paul, should be incentive for any Republican to vote for Paul. We all know what Obama's track record is.
Fox (and a lot of other "conservatives") are going to be put in a very tough spot if Ron Paul actually wins the nomination. For all of the talk about Obama being evil incarnate, the truth is he does the establishment's bidding much more reliably than Paul would. Some very rich and powerful interests would much rather see Obama than Paul in the White House.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Fair enough poll, I just take umbrage at you calling Republicans who aren't supporting Ron Paul as "regular".

I am a "regular" Republican, as well.
Three, sorry about that. I truly am not trying to be biased in my wording here. I'm just trying to capture the "non Ron Paul" Republican vote here.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:41 AM

605 posts, read 706,333 times
Perhaps he means "non-libertarian" Republicans, lol.
I can't vote on this poll, however, I think that the bias against Obama is so great, they will vote for a toaster versus Obama.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:55 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,815,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Fox (and a lot of other "conservatives") are going to be put in a very tough spot if Ron Paul actually wins the nomination. For all of the talk about Obama being evil incarnate, the truth is he does the establishment's bidding much more reliably than Paul would. Some very rich and powerful interests would much rather see Obama than Paul in the White House.
Very true.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:39 PM

504 posts, read 1,272,091 times
Tony for president.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:41 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,484,963 times
I love a lot of Ron Paul's ideas. Unfortunately, I cannot support him with his views on what we should do about countries like Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections