Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 06:40 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I would say that is a fair assessment and maybe you do view it that way, however, most of the liberals on this site do not and are not that objective about it. If anything, I would say the Fox polling usually doesn't favor the right. They bend over backwards to try and seem bipartisan. I can guarantee that if a Fox poll shows Romney ahead, it will be poo pooed on here by most Obama supporters.
If it matched other polls coming out then I would believe it, though I don't put too much weight in polling anyway regardless who is leading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 06:55 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
What? Obama won in Ohio in 2008 and is actually polling AHEAD of his 2008 winning % right now. Romney has not been ahead in a single poll in almost 3 months.
Romney will win Ohio. Obama's '08 victory was not as strong on the surface. Polls are nice but don't predict turnout. Black turnout will be lower, conservatives should be higher big youth centers like OSU will undoubtedly be lower.

Ohio is 80% white and Obama is losing them in droves only silly single white women are sticking with him. Who knows they may skip the polls too on Nov 6.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:04 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,967,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Romney will win Ohio. Obama's '08 victory was not as strong on the surface. Polls are nice but don't predict turnout. Black turnout will be lower, conservatives should be higher big youth centers like OSU will undoubtedly be lower.

Ohio is 80% white and Obama is losing them in droves only silly single white women are sticking with him. Who knows they may skip the polls too on Nov 6.
You frequently post definitive statements like, "Romney will win Ohio," as if you know something nobody else does. How do you know Romney will win Ohio? Romney is trailing Obama currently in Ohio among likely voters. 538 gives Obama a 71% chance of winning Ohio.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:23 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,528,652 times
Quote:

So your hope for a Romney win boils down to banking on white racism to show its ugly head. That's what Republicans like yourself have been reduced to....desperately grasping at racism to save you from an Obama victory. Pathetic.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:57 AM

756 posts, read 715,337 times
Another good sign

Can't tell you how impressed I've been with Team BO so far. Just flying off the stool and going right at the sleazy tax-dodgin' vulture capitalist.

If this was an actual prize fight, the ref would've had to stop it by now.

Keep that PRESSURE ON the vulture, guys

Old 08-10-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Another good sign

Can't tell you how impressed I've been with Team BO so far. Just flying off the stool and going right at the sleazy tax-dodgin' vulture capitalist.

If this was an actual prize fight, the ref would've had to stop it by now.

Keep that PRESSURE ON the vulture, guys
I think what you are saying is that while Romney has tried, and largely failed, to define his reason to be president as, 'I am a successful businessman and therefore know a lot of stuff about economics,' Obama has been publicizing Romney's actual policy proposals, which include lowering taxes further for the rich and raising them for everyone else; gutting women's health; etc.

That is what this election should be about, policy. In my opinion Obama has the upper hand when policies are compared. Americans want the rich to pay more, not less tax; the want Planned Parenthood; they don't want to gut Medicare and Social Security.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:16 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
So your hope for a Romney win boils down to banking on white racism to show its ugly head. That's what Republicans like yourself have been reduced to....desperately grasping at racism to save you from an Obama victory. Pathetic.
Obama is banking on identity politics too a collection of gays, Blacks, Hispanics and loose single women.

Why can't Romney appeal to white men and married white women?

Old 08-10-2012, 08:19 AM

30,085 posts, read 18,698,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I think what you are saying is that while Romney has tried, and largely failed, to define his reason to be president as, 'I am a successful businessman and therefore know a lot of stuff about economics,' Obama has been publicizing Romney's actual policy proposals, which include lowering taxes further for the rich and raising them for everyone else; gutting women's health; etc.

That is what this election should be about, policy. In my opinion Obama has the upper hand when policies are compared. Americans want the rich to pay more, not less tax; the want Planned Parenthood; they don't want to gut Medicare and Social Security.

Dream on-

This election is about THE ECONOMY. When polled, the overwhelming majority of voters state that this is the most important issue in the 2012 election. That is why Obama loses.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1675/most...t-problem.aspx

Gee- gay marriage, taxing the rich, and abortion don't even make the list. What a shock- Obama is out of touch.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Obama is banking on identity politics too a collection of gays, Blacks, Hispanics and loose single women.

Why can't Romney appeal to white men and married white women?
Women, all women, favor Obama:

Quote:
According to a national Reuters/Ipsos poll of 25- to 45-year-olds, mothers tend to differ from women without children on issues ranging from the economy, taxes and military spending to healthcare and birth control -- as well as on presidential candidates.

Childless working women favor Obama over Mitt Romney, the presumed Republican nominee, by a striking 20 points, 46 percent to 26 percent. "Obama has done pretty well, stimulating the economy, getting out of Iraq and investing in healthcare," said Joanna Giddens, 27, who works for a Denver nonprofit and can't afford health insurance.

Working mothers were less likely to favor the president, by 42 percent to 34 percent. Stay-at-home mothers such as Formato, along with unemployed mothers, gave the president only a 5-point margin: 37 percent to 32 percent.
Women still favor Obama, but mothers less so | Reuters
In every category, Obama wins women. Even married women use birth control.

From today's CNN Poll:
Quote:
The president holds a nine point advantage among women voters and a smaller six point edge among men."

Old 08-10-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Dream on-

This election is about THE ECONOMY. When polled, the overwhelming majority of voters state that this is the most important issue in the 2012 election. That is why Obama loses.

Most Important Problem

Gee- gay marriage, taxing the rich, and abortion don't even make the list. What a shock- Obama is out of touch.
Your poll is from Jul 9-12, 2012.

Today, Obama leads Romney 52 -45.

The most important issue may very well be the economy and Mitt Romney has not demonstrated he has any plan to improve the economy besides the same tired GOP ideas, lower taxes for the wealthy and cut social programs.

Your post just reminds me of what John Adams said, "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections