Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 07:41 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times

Advertisements

Can this man stoop any lower to buy his election?

President Obama is using all the White House weapons at his disposal to woo voters in critical swing states in the campaign's final stretch, announcing a $30 million investment aimed at creating a manufacturing hub in Ohio to help boost technology and create jobs in a three-state region.

White House invests $30 million in Ohio manufacturing hub - Washington Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 07:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Little too late, $30M wont do much between now and election day but I have to wonder if there isnt anything Obama hasnt tried to throw money at.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:47 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
At least he is investing in our Nation, unlike some others that made Massachusetts 47th in the Nation.
Seems like this far too conservative Obama is stooping a little high in investing in manufacturing when its not really politically convenient given the time frame.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:02 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
At least he is investing in our Nation, unlike some others that made Massachusetts 47th in the Nation.
Seems like this far too conservative Obama is stooping a little high in investing in manufacturing when its not really politically convenient given the time frame.
Yeah... right ! ! !

Biden's 'good friend,' donor receives $20M federal loan | The Daily Caller

Quote:
In late July, John Hynansky — a longtime friend of Vice President Joe Biden, and a major donor to Biden’s campaigns as well as President Barack Obama’s — was awarded a $20 million taxpayer loan to build a foreign-car dealership in Ukraine.
At least they're investing in the 1%, eh?
Quote:
LLC Winner Imports Ukraine, Ltd, a limited liability company
organized and existing under the laws of Ukraine.

The proceeds of the loan will be used to (i) expand Winner Import
Ukraine’s automobile business, (ii) construct and operate “Winner
Autocity”, which will have two new, state-of-the-art dealership
facilities for Porsche and Land Rover/Jaguar automobiles, each of
which will be “3S” (showroom, service and stock), and (iii) repay any
outstanding balance of an existing OPIC loan.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:18 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Obama certainly can and will win Ohio.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Little too late, $30M wont do much between now and election day but I have to wonder if there isnt anything Obama hasnt tried to throw money at.
Obama is also buying votes with the DOJ. It works like this, he does not have a law repealed, or changed, he just chooses NOT to enforce parts of it. And as long as you keep voting for him, he will keep letting you break the law, but if he loses the election then your little get out of jail free card goes bye-bye.

That's the beauty of this new unlawful tactic of "prosecutorial discretion," the law is still there, it has not been changed, Obama is just using his political power to suspend it in time, to allow a select people to violate the law. The law has a conditional leniency, which depends entirely on Obama winning reelection. The only person on earth with the power to allow you to keep doing what you are doing is Obama.

1) Obama refuses to enforce DOMA, so he has power over the gay and lesbian community

2) Obama refuses to enforce immigration laws, so he has power over the illegal immigrants

3) Obama gives out waivers to ObamaCare laws, so he has power over those businesses with waivers

4) Obama allows work waiver to our Welfare laws, so he has power over the very poor

5) Obama also uses his EPA, Energy Department, etc... to buy votes, by handing out grants of free taxpayer money, and special authorizations to groups, individuals and businesses, which gives him power over them too.

If Obama goes away, so do all of these special deals, waivers, monies, so vote for Obama or else - poof!

I'm sure that all throughout his various administrative agencies, there are more examples of Obama granting waivers to lesser known laws and federal programs. And for the lucky individuals and businesses who are the recipients of king Obama's conditional leniency and gifts.

I think Obama actually gains more political power by choosing to invoke "prosecutorial discretion," then he would by actually getting congress to pass a law, because once a law is passed, he can be voted out of office, and the law still stands. However, vote him out of office and that "prosecutorial discretion" goes away.So it begs the question of what other laws will he choose to ignore, in order to buy votes.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Can this man stoop any lower to buy his election?
I guess he could take a page from the John "I'll spend like a drunken sailor to further MY agenda" Boehner playbook and support a jet engine program even the Pentagon didn't want to bring $$$ to Ohio but I suppose you believe only Republicans should be allowed to buy elections, eh?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Don't worry Republicans are trying to close the voting polls in Democrat heavy counties, so I guess that's fair.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Obama certainly can and will win Ohio.
I predict a landslide loss for Obama. No one wants to continue four more years like the last three.

The popularity polls look good for Obama now, because the people know Obama, but they do not yet know Romney and Ryan. People settle in with the familiar, and they feel content with their old car, but allow someone to drive that new car and they find out just how uncomfortable, clunky and sluggish their old care was.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I guess he could take a page from the John "I'll spend like a drunken sailor to further MY agenda" Boehner playbook and support a jet engine program even the Pentagon didn't want to bring $$$ to Ohio but I suppose you believe only Republicans should be allowed to buy elections, eh?
Weak, very weak.

First of all, he is not running for president.

Secondly, in order for Boehner to buy votes with his pork barrel projects, the entire congress has to vote for it, and then the president needs to sign it into law. I'm no fan of his, and I'd love to see Boehner lose his job as Speaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections