Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 08:35 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times

Advertisements

Keep in mind he said "at least 13%". This means there were years when he paid more than 13%. So not only did he pay a higher rate than many/most Americans he certainly paid a higher amount of tax dollars in one year than most people pay in their entire life.

Mitt Romney is a good, honest tax paying American and I look forward to voting for him in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 08:36 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Funny, somehow I make way, way less than him, yet I've paid much more than 13% over the past 10 years. Romney has 0 in common with a middle class American.
That is why middle class America needs to vote NO on the Romney/Ryan ticket. Even the brainwashed hicks with a low QOL whose conservative churches tell them, like cattle, that Republican is the way to go. They need to think for themselves.

I think Romney is having a "senior moment." He probably means that he tithed 13% to the Mormon church.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Funny, somehow I make way, way less than him, yet I've paid much more than 13% over the past 10 years. Romney has 0 in common with a middle class American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That is why middle class America needs to vote NO on the Romney/Ryan ticket. Even the brainwashed hicks with a low QOL whose conservative churches tell them, like cattle, that Republican is the way to go. They need to think for themselves.

I think Romney is having a "senior moment." He probably means that he tithed 13% to the Mormon church.
Actually I was thinking the opposite. Judging from most peoples lack of education so prevelant on these forums, its probably best that we elect someone who has nothing in common with stupidity.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Why blame Romney? He hasn't been in Washington and isn't the one that established the tax laws. He's playing by the rules provided by people like Obama, Reid and Pelosi that have been in power. Unless The President or any of you can demonstrate that you have paid any more taxes than you are obligated to pay, then you are all full of it. Mr. Obama has plenty of money; has he paid more than is required? No. Is he a hypocrite? Is he just spouting false outrage? I don't know what it is, but he hasn't put his money where his considerable mouth is.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 PM

831 posts, read 680,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually I was thinking the opposite. Judging from most peoples lack of education so prevelant on these forums, its probably best that we elect someone who has nothing in common with stupidity.

Like putting their pet animal on the roof of their vehicle?? Did you just have a brain fart?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:59 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
most poor/middleclass pays a lot LESS than that

I make 60k and pay ZERO infederal income or payroll tax

at least romney pays

Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 PM

831 posts, read 680,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Why blame Romney? He hasn't been in Washington and isn't the one that established the tax laws. He's playing by the rules provided by people like Obama, Reid and Pelosi that have been in power. Unless The President or any of you can demonstrate that you have paid any more taxes than you are obligated to pay, then you are all full of it. Mr. Obama has plenty of money; has he paid more than is required? No. Is he a hypocrite? Is he just spouting false outrage? I don't know what it is, but he hasn't put his money where his considerable mouth is.

Thats stupid, He's a businessman FFS, his aim is to make as much money as possible with little amount of spenditure as possible, he's been in government office so he nows the system, and must have some expensive laywers in his pocket so he can protect not only his assets but his tax fiddling scheme. He does not play by the rules, he rewrites them as he sees fit because he can. That says a lot about character and my gut feeling tells me, he's a fiddler. His ole man had no problems of submitting 10yrs why does'nt he do the same? If he doesnt have anything to hide, then show it!

Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Good one!

Old 08-17-2012, 09:31 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Yes, Casper said the IRS is wrong, so clearly the IRS is wrong..

Tell me Casper, if you dont understand that 13% is > 0%, why should I listen to anything you have to say?
There ya go again, repeating the right-wing LIE that 50% pay no taxes, just cannot help yourself can ya.
13% is less than most middle-class Americans pay, I wonder how he does it, smoke and mirrors? Where are those tax records, we can end this discussion once we know the truth.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
There ya go again, repeating the right-wing LIE that 50% pay no taxes, just cannot help yourself can ya.
We're discussing INCOME taxes.. Do you need people to tell you what the thread is about that your posting on?
Quote:
13% is less than most middle-class Americans pay, I wonder how he does it, smoke and mirrors?
13% is NOT les than 0%, and since 51% = most, you're wrong. Return to school and study math, around 4th grade.
Quote:
Where are those tax records, we can end this discussion once we know the truth.
Dont give a ****, didnt care for Obamas, dont care for Romneys..

Why dont you tell me what you've learned by looking at Obamas records and maybe share with me why I should care..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections