Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 11:32 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Nice

Should shed some more light on this UNPATRIOTIC shyster's M.O.

Can't wait till those tax returns are leaked in Oct...
Please explain how Romney is unpatriotic in any way? The exact opposite is true He took three years out of his life to work for the Olympics and didn't charge a dime for that. Patriotic in my book. That is but one example in a book full of examples of how Mitt has gone above and beyond to help people.
For you to claim he is an unpatriotic shyster makes you look very ignorant and uninformed. You just repeat the hate of the left because your slim ball is going down in flames...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 11:40 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13JERM View Post
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
Dang...I can't rep you again with a click, so I will rep you here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
haha, Annie53 and I are on same page, here.
Thanks for your kind words, but all I'm doing is laying out the truth. I learned the value of reality feedback by raising 5 teenage boys--it's a pretty effective way of cutting through the BS and name calling quickly.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:26 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey
It's so simple. Many voters will be voting against the abortion party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And many voters will be voting against the rape party. (See how stupid that sound?)
Well, I guess you could say 'voting against the rape and abortion party.' Same team.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:16 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Oh wow, this really changed no one's mind ever!
Would it change anyone's mind if it were shown that Mitt employed dubious legal maneuvers to avoid paying taxes, I wonder?

"Tax experts who have begun to examine the Bain Capital documents released Thursday by Gawker are raising questions as to whether presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney has paid all the taxes he owed.

At issue are two tax-avoidance techniques employed by Bain Capital, the firm founded by Romney, which have been commonly used in the private equity world but have come under increasing legal scrutiny.

[...]

Citing the Gawker documents, Fleischer notes that Bain engaged in the management-fee maneuver to reduce the tax bill of its investors. "Unlike carried interest, which is unseemly but perfectly legal, Bain’s management fee conversions are not legal. If challenged in court, Bain would lose. The Bain partners, in my opinion, misreported their income if they reported these converted fees as capital gain instead of ordinary income," he writes.

Shaviro, meanwhile, notes that Bain employed a version of the total return equity swap and says that taxpayers who engage in the practice have little legal justification for doing so. "[T]he only leg that taxpayers had to stand on in some of these cases was common practice and the apparent lack of IRS enforcement (not a very strong leg if the correct application of the law was clear)," he writes."

Mitt Romney Tax Returns May Have Employed Legally Dubious Maneuvers, Tax Experts Say

Old 08-24-2012, 06:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I know--it's a hoot! Those 100 pages are 100 more than Romney's released on his own to verify anything that he's told us about his business dealings, even though he wants people to believe that he's THE finance stud who's going to lead us to the promised land and save the world. We'll just have to wait and see what's there--who knows.
They arent his documents to release

Old 08-24-2012, 06:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Nice try, but it's obvious that if Mitt Romney gets into the White House he's going to support tax policies and economic policies that will further game the economic system to the advantage of people who manage their finances like he does.

If you haven't been paying attention for the last 30 years it's policies that Mitt Romney practiced as the C.E.O and that he supports as a politician that are in part responsible for the inability of the American economy to grow like it did in the past. The reason we are in the slow growth economic malaise more than anything else is that the middle class no longer has the income needed to drive economic growth in this country.

In the 1980's Ronald Reagan promised that "Trickle Down" economics would somehow make the lives of average American working people better. This is what actually happened.

Mitt Romney is going continue the economic policies that put more money in the hands of the wealthiest Americans. That's not going to fix the economy it's just going to make his cronies richer.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And many voters will be voting against the rape party. (See how stupid that sound?)
As stupid s some assh*le actually believing in "Legitimate Rape".

Old 08-25-2012, 01:52 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
TRANSLATION: I can't understand all this accounting stuff, but I hate it anyway. So I'll try to pretend there's something eeeeevil about it all, and try to get people to hate Mitt Romney for investing his money as most people like him invest it.
I sincerely doubt the average American has off shore bank accounts as tax havens as they avoid paying their fair share in taxes.
Is it legal? Yes
Is it morally wrong and show how Romney is out of touch with the middle class? Yes
Sure, people invest but not like this character. Every trick in the book to avoid paying his fair share in taxes and his policy he has put forth will allow him to save even more. Yeah, he's a real American Patriot.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
The Bain Files: Inside Mitt Romney's Tax-Dodging Cayman Schemes

Wow seriously? How could any middle class American vote for someone like this?
and you are totally beleiving everything you read on the topic, right? Do you really think, Romney is the only one with a heck of a lot of money that does not have it in international accounts?

Old 08-25-2012, 11:59 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you are totally beleiving everything you read on the topic, right? Do you really think, Romney is the only one with a heck of a lot of money that does not have it in international accounts?
No, but he is the only one running for president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections