Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 07:54 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times

Advertisements

Incomes have dropped this far in spite of the stimulus that propped up government worker's salaries for a year and put us in a great deal more debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 07:56 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Gee, I wonder why incomes dropped? No I don't wonder, I know:

Most laid-off US workers take pay cuts in new jobs
With a better leader at the helm we wouldn't have the amount of layoffs that Obama has had.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:56 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Incomes have dropped this far in spite of the stimulus that propped up government worker's salaries for a year and put us in a great deal more debt.
Your statement is undercut by the following facts:
-- federals workers got a pay freeze two years ago
-- salaries are a very small part of the federal budget and even if federal workers got a pay increase, which they didn't, it would be an insignificant part of additional debt

Old 08-25-2012, 07:57 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
This is a good time to ask.....

If Obama isn't responsible for the economy under his watch, then how can you claim Bush is responsible during his watch?

How does that work?
Obama is responsible for what he can actually have control over. Obama had no control over entering office at a time when the economy literally lost trillions of dollars of wealth. I didn't even mention Bush mainly because I also know that Bush wasn't totally responsible for the economic collapse. It was a whole host of issues that finally exploded. Obama just got left with the pieces and had to try and put it all back together again.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:59 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
With a better leader at the helm we wouldn't have the amount of layoffs that Obama has had.
What would this mystical leader had done differently?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:59 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times
Quote:
Gee, I wonder why incomes dropped? No I don't wonder, I know:

Most laid-off US workers take pay cuts in new jobs

From the link:

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. economic recovery hasn't felt much like one even for people who managed to find new jobs after being laid off. Most of them have had to settle for less pay.
Only 56 percent of Americans laid off from January 2009 through December 2011 had found jobs by the start of this year, the Labor Department said Friday. More than half of them took jobs with lower pay. One-third took pay cuts of 20 percent or more.
The figures would be even lower if people who could find only part-time jobs were included in the total.

So much for Obama's promise to fix the economy by his third year in office and get unemployment down to 5.2% if we passed his Stimulus, eh?

Old 08-25-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Your statement is undercut by the following facts:
-- federals workers got a pay freeze two years ago
-- salaries are a very small part of the federal budget and even if federal workers got a pay increase, which they didn't, it would be an insignificant part of additional debt

There are a LOT more than just FEDERAL government workers.

Money went to the States to prop-up their government workers who didn't get any pay freezes.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
What would this mystical leader had done differently?
Just about EVERYTHING.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:04 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Hey, I just noticed you live in Cape Coral. How do you like living there if you don't mind me asking?

Old 08-25-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Obama is responsible for what he can actually have control over. Obama had no control over entering office at a time when the economy literally lost trillions of dollars of wealth. I didn't even mention Bush mainly because I also know that Bush wasn't totally responsible for the economic collapse. It was a whole host of issues that finally exploded. Obama just got left with the pieces and had to try and put it all back together again.

No....you didn't mention Bush, you just made the lame excuse that Obama inherited a bad economy.

Obama has blamed Bush, hurricanes, earth quakes, Europe, ATM Machines, and a Tsunami for the economy......everything EXCEPT his own policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections