Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:23 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times

Advertisements

I've heard a few conservatives make the claim that the worse unemployment gets, the harder it will be for Obama to win. Such patriotism.

Party before country.

applause and comment are heard at 2:41

"I found out there are 23 million unemployed people in this country" followed immediately by applause

Watch Clint Eastwood Speak at Republican National Convention - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 09:29 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Of course they're cheering. At the same time, I also found the near-glee that some Dems demonstrated as the death toll mounted in Iraq equally repulsive. Suddenly, when Dubya left, those deaths stopped mattering nearly as much to most on the left. That was unforgivable. Dittoes for not saying boo as an American president ordered the assassination of an American citizen. They never would have allowed Dubs to get away with such a thing. That's not America. At least it shouldn't be. We don't torture and we don't kill American citizens, no matter how distasteful, without allowing them their due process protections. I listened to an activist explain why Obama is worse for progressivism because he is allowed to get away with things a Republican would never be allowed to get away with. With regards to foreign policy, I agree.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Savoir Faire; Republican audience applauds after speaker mentions 23 million unemployed
As usual, you've nailed it. Republicans HATE it when people have jobs. Unless they're rich white people and Tea Party Members.

Lol.

Last edited by doc1; 08-30-2012 at 09:43 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
As usual, you've nailed it. Republicans HATE it when people have jobs. Unless they're rich white people and Tea Party Members.

Lol.
Wrong. I take your race baiting strawman and burn it.

Republicans hate a good economy the year of an election IF the incumbent is a Democrat.

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 08-30-2012 at 09:41 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 09:37 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Lol.
Rich white people don't work. We let you do it for us. In that regard we are quite happy when people have jobs. Now quit posting and get back to work.

The grass needs mowing, the pool is dirty, and the teak deck on the yacht needs a good rinse. Snap, snap!

Old 08-30-2012, 09:51 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
To be fair, they hesitation before they started clapping. And Clint paused, which is the universal sign that he expects a reaction from the crowd.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Of course they're cheering. At the same time, I also found the near-glee that some Dems demonstrated as the death toll mounted in Iraq equally repulsive. Suddenly, when Dubya left, those deaths stopped mattering nearly as much to most on the left. That was unforgivable. Dittoes for not saying boo as an American president ordered the assassination of an American citizen. They never would have allowed Dubs to get away with such a thing. That's not America. At least it shouldn't be. We don't torture and we don't kill American citizens, no matter how distasteful, without allowing them their due process protections. I listened to an activist explain why Obama is worse for progressivism because he is allowed to get away with things a Republican would never be allowed to get away with. With regards to foreign policy, I agree.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Rich white people don't work. We let you do it for us. In that regard we are quite happy when people have jobs. Now quit posting and get back to work.

The grass needs mowing, the pool is dirty, and the teak deck on the yacht needs a good rinse. Snap,

snap!

And your totally full of yourself? maybe you don't work? Define rich, it means different things to different people, and rich today, has a different figure to different people.
Again your full of it, i'm white, sucessful, own a business, and worked my whole life, not a lazy bum as some on here. Many many years, we went with out, and we knew how to budget and when to save. No loan needed when we started our business, because we saved for it when we were younger.
No one gave me a damn thing, would you like to be the first who does? No one does a damn thing for me, we do all our own work, from landscaping, to tile floors, to backsplashes, to pool, to concrete, electrical, plumbing, and never ever had a mechanic do work on any of our cars, my hubby does. Guess you don't know us all now do you!

Old 08-31-2012, 01:23 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Most of the members on here are filthy rich business owners, so you don't know what you are talking about. Most are White also, even the ones who claim to be Black Africans from Ghana or Ireland/Germany.
That was not my point to the poster. I have worked my whole life, never expected a damn thing from anyone. Came from proud roots, and a pride in doing for ourselves, what we can do best.

The poster was trying to imply something else, and you know it. Has nothing to do with who is white, and rich, i have ultra rich black friends so what's the point.

I don't care about rich, or who has what, don't concern myself with such things.
I learned being healthy is the most important thing money can't buy, if and when you get very ill. So everyone should just be happy day to day, and who cares who has what.

I have many white friends on this post, that we actually communicate, and unlike what you just said, they in no way are filthy rich business owners. Some are having a very hard time surviving right now. And being able to save.

Sorry to doubt you, but every white person on this forum, i can bet are not filthy rich. And if their is, big freaking deal?>

Old 08-31-2012, 01:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That was not my point to the poster. I have worked my whole life, never expected a damn thing from anyone. Came from proud roots, and a pride in doing for ourselves, what we can do best.

The poster was trying to imply something else, and you know it. Has nothing to do with who is white, and rich, i have ultra rich black friends so what's the point.

I don't care about rich, or who has what, don't concern myself with such things.
I learned being healthy is the most important thing money can't buy, if and when you get very ill. So everyone should just be happy day to day, and who cares who has what.

I have many white friends on this post, that we actually communicate, and unlike what you just said, they in no way are filthy rich business owners. Some are having a very hard time surviving right now. And being able to save.

Sorry to doubt you, but every white person on this forum, i can bet are not filthy rich. And if their is, big freaking deal?>
You didn't get the sarcasm apparently. We KNOW that none of you are anything close to being rich. Hell, I'd be surprised if most of you are even middle class, let alone rich.

Sav is talking about how all the white conservatives on C-D claim to be rich business owners. Of course they aren't...that's the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections