Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 07:32 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times

Advertisements

What you have here folks is the lawyer (Obama) versus the business man (Romney).

A lawyer is educated in the law and in presenting a case in attempt to persuade the jury to vote in favor of his client. In the election, Obama is his own client and we are the jury. He will "make a case" to the American people using whatever means to persuade you and me to vote for him.

Romney in contrast is a business man who is involved in the management of a company undertaking activities for the purpose of generating revenue for that company. Romney believes that his knowledge and his business experience will help improve our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 07:36 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
As the saying goes.....

What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

Old 09-01-2012, 07:37 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
To be fair, Romney also has a JD. That being said, I do agree with your point.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 PM

I'm sorry, I must be tired but what is a JD?

Old 09-01-2012, 07:39 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,800 times
dude...they both went to Harvard law school.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I'm sorry, I must be tired but what is a JD?
Juris Doctor or Doctor of Jurisprudence....the degree that most lawyers have

Old 09-01-2012, 07:43 PM

LOL, ok, so we can safely say?

Lawyer and Organizer versus a Business man and Doctor of Jurisprudence.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
LOL, ok, so we can safely say?

Obama is a lawyer and a organizer
Romney is a business man and a Doctor of Jurisprudence.
A lot of upper level corporate executives have law degrees. It can certainly come in handy for them. Romney attended a joint program at Harvard through their business and law schools and graduated with both a JD and an MBA.

Anyway, yes, I think this is entirely fair.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:47 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,800 times
You can safely say whatever you'd like. It is still a free country belief it or not.

People who can read and have any inclination of thinking for themselves might just tell you that you're wrong.

That said, I am supporting the real self-made business man, turned two term governor Gary Johnson. You can go fight amongst yourself over which of the two politicians you find more adequate to enact the same policies that the other would've as well.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:47 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,945 times
Quote:
What you have here folks is the lawyer (Obama) versus the business man (Romney).

A lawyer is educated in the law and in presenting a case in attempt to persuade the jury to vote in favor of his client. In the election, Obama is his own client and we are the jury. He will "make a case" to the American people using whatever means to persuade you and me to vote for him.
So if you're not voting for a lawyer, which third-party/independent candidate will be getting your vote?

Quote:
Romney in contrast is a business man who is involved in the management of a company undertaking activities for the purpose of generating revenue for that company. Romney believes that his knowledge and his business experience will help improve our economy.
Yeah, the last President who was primarily a businessman (GW Bush) we elected President was the biggest debacle in the White House since ... well, since the previous President who was primarily a businessman before that (Hoover).

Can a businessman be a good President? Sure. But it's not the panacea you make it out to be. As for lawyers who were President, I'd suggest you check out that list. Many of the great Presidents had law degrees. But since you seem oblivious to the fact that Romney has a law degree, I suspect you're similarly oblivious to the law degrees of many of our greatest Presidents.

Since I'm feeling charitable tonight, here you go:
List of Presidents of the United States by occupation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections