Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times

Advertisements

I really liked this new political quiz:

See which presidential candidate you side with

Here are my results:

I side 94% with Gary Johnson

Looks like I am staying home again this year as my guy has no chance of winning. I am just disgusted that I also scored pretty high with Romney as I would never support him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Pretty good test, although most I had to go with "choose another stance" as many are blurred, not so simple as black or white

my results.... as I thought 91% Gary Johnson

I side 91% with Gary Johnson

Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
That's a clever way to get people to vote for someone they never thought they would. Nice find! My curiosity got the better of me and I had to check it out. Clever indeed.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Well, this was amusing....

Mitt Romney 89% on economic, domestic policy, foreign policy, environmental, social, immigration, healthcare, and science issues
Gary Johnson 85% on domestic policy, economic, foreign policy, healthcare, science, and environmental issues
Virgil Goode 82% on economic, domestic policy, environmental, social, healthcare, and immigration issues

I guess I'll be visiting three different voting locations this November.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:22 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Ok, Jill is my lady. I'm pretty green. Hmmmmm................food for thought.

by the way.......who's Jill?

Old 09-04-2012, 10:41 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Jill Stein, which is unsurprising.

What I was surprised by was that I was almost equal between Obama and Johnson though for entirely different reasons. I leaned toward Johnson on domestic issues (civil liberties?), foreign policy and immigration while I was more for Obama on science, health care and the environment. The only point I shared with Mittens was immigration.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
I side 96% with Mitt Romney and 80% with Gary Johnson.

Party breakdown: 97% Republican, 36% Libertarian, 15% Green, and 5% Democratic.

I side with Barack Obama on the environment!

Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post

Looks like I am staying home again this year as my guy has no chance of winning.
Feeling sorry for yourself - Get off your ass - vote for Gary Johnson in the Presidential

Old 09-04-2012, 11:59 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I really liked this new political quiz:

See which presidential candidate you side with

Here are my results:

I side 94% with Gary Johnson

Looks like I am staying home again this year as my guy has no chance of winning. I am just disgusted that I also scored pretty high with Romney as I would never support him.
The only thing you accomplish by not voting for Gary Johnson is guaranteeing that you will continue to have nobody to vote for in future elections. These 3rd party candidates need to show that support is building for them over time or they will never win or be seriously considered.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:31 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The only thing you accomplish by not voting for Gary Johnson is guaranteeing that you will continue to have nobody to vote for in future elections. These 3rd party candidates need to show that support is building for them over time or they will never win or be seriously considered.
No one seriously considers Gary Johnson.

I thought the same as you when I voted for Harry Browne in 2000 and a smorgasbord of candidates all over the political spectrum in the preceding five years.

See my post in the Gary Johnson forum about Ron Paul and Ross Perot - a serious third party candidate needs a mandate from the people to shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Any third party candidate who wishes to be taken seriously has to have a mandate from the people - they need a grassroots effort to thrust them into serious contention like H. Ross Perot was in 1992.

The only candidate who had that popular support this year was Ron Paul - but he ran as a Republican and thus made himself irrelevant as a candidate although he did influence the GOP platform.

He would have done better being nominated as the Libertarian candidate.

Even then - they will still probally lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections