Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times

Advertisements

Dem delegate booted after impersonating member of Congress

A delegate from the California Democratic Party was booted from the national convention in Charlotte, N.C., on Sunday afternoon after allegedly impersonating a member of Congress to police.

According to multiple media reports, the delegate returned to the Blake Hotel with another man, who had to be carried into the hotel and placed unconscious on the lobby floor.

Hotel staff called paramedics to care for the man, and when police showed up, the delegate tried to defuse the situation by claiming he was a congressman and that the man had had too much to drink and should be allowed to sleep it off in his hotel room.

Police demanded to see the delegate’s congressional credentials, which he could not produce. The unconscious man was hospitalized and later released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 04:44 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
You forgot to mention the part where the California Democratic party officials told the guy to leave--they kicked him out of the hotel, and told him he couldn't participate in the convention. Kind of changes the tone, don't you think? Imagine that...

Old 09-03-2012, 04:46 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You forgot to mention the part where the California Democratic party officials told the guy to leave--they kicked him out, told him he couldn't participate in the convention, and sent him home. Huh...
That's exactly what he said... How exactly does this say anything different than the OP?

Old 09-03-2012, 04:50 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
You forgot to mention the part where the California Democratic party officials told the guy to leave--they kicked him out of the hotel, and told him he couldn't participate in the convention. Kind of changes the tone, don't you think? Imagine that...
I know you were rushing to defend the Dems as fast as you could, but it's usually good to read the post before commenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Dem delegate booted after impersonating member of Congress

A delegate from the California Democratic Party was booted from the national convention in Charlotte, N.C., on Sunday afternoon after allegedly impersonating a member of Congress to police.

According to multiple media reports, the delegate returned to the Blake Hotel with another man, who had to be carried into the hotel and placed unconscious on the lobby floor.

Hotel staff called paramedics to care for the man, and when police showed up, the delegate tried to defuse the situation by claiming he was a congressman and that the man had had too much to drink and should be allowed to sleep it off in his hotel room.

Police demanded to see the delegate’s congressional credentials, which he could not produce. The unconscious man was hospitalized and later released.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:50 PM

If I copy and paste the entire story, the Mods here hit me with a copyright violation.......the LINK was made easily clickable.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
That's exactly what he said... How exactly does this say anything different than the OP?
The OP never mentioned the part where the Democratic Party kicked him out of the hotel and the convention...can you read? The guy behaved in an inexcusable way and they sent him home. I would hope the republicans would do the same.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
If I copy and paste the entire story, the Mods here hit me with a copyright violation.......the LINK was made easily clickable.
And you managed to paraphrase every other point except for the one where his behavior was denounced and he was sent home, right?

Old 09-03-2012, 04:55 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
And you managed to paraphrase every other point except for the one where his behavior was denounced and he was sent home, right?
You've lost the war. No need to keep fighting the little battles.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I paraphrased absolutely NOTHING!

It was copied word for word from the link.

Unfortunately, it says in the first sentence what you are complaining about AND it shows you cannot even follow a link.

You FAILED miserably in your lame attempt to kill the messenger.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I know you were rushing to defend the Dems as fast as you could, but it's usually good to read the post before commenting.
Actually, I'm not rushing to defend the dems, but I work in a field where being accurate is everything, and unlike you, I care about whether or not I have a reputation for telling the truth. Mentioning WHO kicked him out completely changes the story--you made it sound like the police did it. You have a habit of twisting information to slam one side of the process, and I guess I'm just a crabby old lady who spends too much time doing fact checking for a living. If you twist things, as you almost always do, there are lots of people here who are more than willing to call you on it. Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections