Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 07:30 PM

395 posts, read 458,511 times

Advertisements

Someone earlier in the thread asked why Obama will not win South Carolina.

How about Obama and his unions goons at the NLRB trying to prevent the new Boeing plant there from opening and hiring people?

There's no way in hell Obama can win SC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 07:33 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
My prediction about Ohio is coming together nicely. After the Dem circus is complete look for Romney to open an even wider lead.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Ohio: Romney vs. Obama

Ohio (Sep 2, 2012) Romney-Obama, Mandel-Brown
Your own link has Obama leading Romney. Your analysis is garbage.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
So the poll goes up 3 percent and his lead "evaporates"? LOL!! Sorry what is it? Obama and Romney 50/50?
just goes to show how pathetic the president has been.

Hey liberalvoice.. what was the Bush poll results at this period of time? It must just **** you off that Bushs' polls are better than Obamas.. haha

Old 09-05-2012, 08:01 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
My prediction about Ohio is coming together nicely. After the Dem circus is complete look for Romney to open an even wider lead.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Ohio: Romney vs. Obama

Ohio (Sep 2, 2012) Romney-Obama, Mandel-Brown
Unlike what the left contends, women have to earn a paycheck, pay bills, and provide for their families. THE ECONOMY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE TO THEM AS WELL.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Even the ultra liberal Huffpo electoral map shows movement towards Romney in swing stses. Look at the recent changes in the lower right hand corner:
Obama vs. Romney Electoral Map
And Romney didn't even start spending money yet.
Don't know if you are reading it right but it only shows Romney ahead in one swing state and that is NC.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Another poll showing women voters turning away from obama. Well, the democrat War on Women might have something to do with it.

Can you get your head around a party's convention celebrating abortion like the democrats are doing?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,914 times
Go now you guys are all gung-ho about a Romney lead with registered voters? I thought you were against registered voter polls?

As I said before: stop wetting yourselves over one poll result.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Demographics. Ohio is over 80% white and Obama is weak among working class whites. This is why he is reaching out to his nemesis tonight. Too bad NFL kickoff is on tonite many of the people Clinton is supposed to target will be unavailable.
I honestly don't think that race has that much to do with the vote in Ohio. I have mentioned here on CD before that I am from Ohio, (NW portion of the state). I lived in very integrated communities but where I lived was pretty heavily democratic in the city and more republican in the burbs like most metro areas. Most white people I grew up with in the 80s and 90s liked Reagan and Clinton. Most black peopel vote for the dems no matter who is running. The black vote has never been a big deal in Ohio. So the idea that the black population is low for Obama is not something that comes into play in my home state very often. If that were the case Reagan and Bush Sr. would never have won Ohio either. Like most people from my home area, I am not racially focused. I knew a lot of white people and most of them were swing voters and when it came to manufacturing jobs, they chose what side they felt was on their side. There were a lot of unions too, but union jobs aren't as prevalent as before. There have been gains though in auto part manufacturing in Ohio that would not have taken place without that auto bailout. Two of my brothers work in auto parts manufacturing plants and the majority of the people at those plants are white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ohio is a conservative state by most standards. The auto industry there has rapidly diminished over the last 20 years or so, thereby making the "auto vote" less important. I lived in Cincinnati for several years and conservative politics outside of Cinci and Cleveland were pretty much the standard. I'm of the opposite opinion of you.......2008 was a wave election that cannot be relied on for political analysis in 2012. Most politicial scientists have all but abandoned trying to co-opt 2008 voting habits for this election cycle. BO will lose Ohio in my opinion.
The auto manufacturing section is coming back there. There are more high tech engineering jobs now but there are also regular manufacturing jobs coming back. My hometown was mentioned at the DNC, they are slated to get 1100 new jobs at Chrysler alone. My youngest brother is a supervisor at an auto parts manufacturer and he is getting tuition assistance in order to gain a degree that will be of benefit to the company and they also have hired a whole lot and are looking to hire more. Auto jobs aren't just at Chrysler, Ford, and GM in the area, they influence a lot of local manufacturers in regards to parts and touch a lot of small businesses that cater to those plants and the workers and their families and the fac that this section of jobs is growing there now, is something that many look forward to.

I'm not sure if BO will lose Ohio. I think it is too close to tell, but I do think it will be a tough battle on the part of both candidates and even though I did like being counted as an Ohio voter, I'm glad I won't have to deal with seeing the endless political ads that are already flooding each commercial break there.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:17 AM

272 posts, read 229,142 times
Quote:
Demographics. Ohio is over 80% white and Obama is weak among working class whites. This is why he is reaching out to his nemesis tonight. Too bad NFL kickoff is on tonite many of the people Clinton is supposed to target will be unavailable.
I love watching mental gymnastics, you are quite good at it. Clinton will be campaigning in those swing states for the Obama campaign, they will hear his message whether they watched it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections