Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:48 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
She is great and a real first lady!

Bash her all you want just because you are jealous of a gracious woman!
She is a real.... what? Real out of touch? Real arrogant? Real entitled? For sure, real wealthy.
Ann Romney does not speak for ANY of the women I know, Republican or Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 03:00 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Honestly, I think the R's thought that hating Obama and adding Ryan to the ticket was going to be enough to carry them through the general, even if a big chunk of the base doesn't like Romney. I also think they were counting on a lack of enthusiasm on the part of democratic voters. The D convention is proving that to be a really dumb assumption--their people are ready to go and they're putting on a strong convention that's getting their message across clearly. I imagine the Romney campaign is starting to get very worried.
You obviously haven't seen the rating numbers from the Networks. They are so bad, there must have been hardly anyone watching! And they did not get the massive crowds they were expecting.

As for Romney/Ryan, I think the base has been perfectly willing to accept the ticket. They draw massive crowds, and they have been receiving huge donations. In terms of fund raising, they are way ahead of the Obama campaign. The Republican base is very energized. Not seeing that so much from Democrats.

The Democrats are the ones that are worried. Why the hasty decision to put "God and Israel" back in the platform? That was a huge blunder.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:09 PM

831 posts, read 680,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Well explain what she done wrong to all of you whiners and bashes! All you can say is that she is rich.......and she earned it!

They build their business and didn't ask for a hand out from the government like many of the Obama lovers...the entitlement population!

Oxymoron there, why would you need to ask government for a little HELP when your father is filthy rich.

HELP or HELPING is what middle classers do, we do not have rich parents to spoon feed us.

And what a lot of middle classers tend to do, is help keep the door open for the next person to pass through it, unlike people like romney who wont give it the time of day.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:09 PM

990 posts, read 939,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You obviously haven't seen the rating numbers from the Networks. They are so bad, there must have been hardly anyone watching! And they did not get the massive crowds they were expecting.

As for Romney/Ryan, I think the base has been perfectly willing to accept the ticket. They draw massive crowds, and they have been receiving huge donations. In terms of fund raising, they are way ahead of the Obama campaign. The Republican base is very energized. Not seeing that so much from Democrats.
They're bad, but the DNC had much higher ratings than the RNC. People are less motivated because it's not an election happening at the exact same time that a Republican president just took a surplus and turned it into a deficit and completely ruined the economy. People were motivated also by the fact that history was being made.

Quote:
The Democrats are the ones that are worried. Why the hasty decision to put "God and Israel" back in the platform? That was a huge blunder.
Here's a first. I agree with you. It was a HUGE blunder to do that.
Then again, this is why the Democratic party does not win landslides everywhere. They have pathetic strategists and they don't realize that pandering to the far right hurts them with their base and with the independents because it makes them look wishy-washy and weak. Hence why I never vote for Democrats.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:35 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Jealous much? The demonizing of wealth from the left is beyond pathetic.

Doesn't really matter where, or what type, of school she attended. Success is success.....and those with it do not owe that success to some one else. But that's the leftie way. Demonize those whom have, but still expect to take from them.
In your haste to make ridiculous posts you are missing the obvious.

I was responding to the statement that "someone else was responsible for her successes." That someone was first her parents, who put her through private school from day 1. We won't know where she would have ended up if she had been born to parents of modest means or heaven - gasp - poor parents but I suspect she would not have been in a position to own several vehicles or engage in dressage. In otehr words, she is NOT responsible for her success.

Just for the record, I have no issues with wealth when it is EARNED as opposed to inherited or married into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yes. She did. Being a stay-at-home mom doesn't equate to not earning. Raising good, decent kids who aren't out committing crimes and cruising the neighborhood means she did a very good job.

/sigh

And the bloated, decomposed Teddy kennedy.
Wow.

A male who judges women by their rear ends.

And here I thought there weren't any left.

Last edited by FrugalYankee; 09-08-2012 at 06:49 AM..

Old 09-08-2012, 03:45 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Don't worry about Dale. He's an obvious astroturfer that the forum mods just choose to ignore.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-08-2012, 04:05 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,282 times
This country has had many wonderful FL, and, no doubt, if Romney wins she will carry on the thankless job with grace and dignity like they all have.

What I don't understand about this, though, is WHY, when she gave a speech at the RNC attempting to relate to women, draw them into the fold and 'feeling their struggles' does she not want to address ALL women's issues when asked about it?

Old 09-08-2012, 04:11 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
What I don't understand about this, though, is WHY, when she gave a speech at the RNC attempting to relate to women, draw them into the fold and 'feeling their struggles' does she not want to address ALL women's issues when asked about it?
Because if someone asks a question not covered by her talking points she has no idea how to answer. Maybe she should start writing things on the palms of her hands...

Old 09-08-2012, 04:17 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Because if someone asks a question not covered by her talking points she has no idea how to answer. Maybe she should start writing things on the palms of her hands...
If she can't give her speech and go out and back up what she says about how much she cares about women and relates to them, then she shouldn't be doing talk shows. It was a fair question.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:26 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
If she can't give her speech and go out and back up what she says about how much she cares about women and relates to them, then she shouldn't be doing talk shows. It was a fair question.
Maybe because she truly CAN'T relate to them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections