Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 12:02 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,717,580 times

Advertisements

I watched the DNC fairly closely and I noticed that every speaker I saw stood up there and made nothing but Straw Man arguments?

Obama did it over and over again in his speech.

It was really weird.....they all said stuff like "If Republicans win, they want government to DO NOTHING".

Huh? Who and where did a Republican ever say such a thing?

Who in the Republican Party has ever said they wanted to deny Blacks the right to vote, deny Women from getting healthcare, or will re-segregate the schools?

I thought Obama said in 2008 that when a candidate doesn't have a record to run on, they resort to scare tactics?

That was a pretty prophetic statement seeing how that's about the ONLY thing he and the rest of the Democrat speakers did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 12:09 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
I watched the DNC fairly closely and I noticed that every speaker I saw stood up there and made nothing but Straw Man arguments?
When one's mind is completely intoxicated by right-wing Kool-Aid, the reaction you had should be expected. Have you considered that you're simply unable to understand or relate to anything that doesn't come from the Republican Party? I'm being serious, actually.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
When one's mind is completely intoxicated by right-wing Kool-Aid, the reaction you had should be expected. Have you considered that you're simply unable to understand or relate to anything that doesn't come from the Republican Party? I'm being serious, actually.

Here's an example for you......
Quote:
Rep. John Lewis used his Thursday convention speech to argue that a GOP victory in November will send African-Americans back to the early 1960s, when he and other Africans-Americans were forcibly denied access to restaurants, public transportation and the ballot box.

“I’ve seen this before, I lived this before,” he claimed, after extensively describing his activism in Southern states in the 1950 and 1960s.

“We were met by an angry mob that beat us and left us lying in a pool of blood,” he said to raucous applause from roughly 20,000 delegates and activists.

“Brothers and sisters, do you want to go back?” he called, prompted a loud response of “No!”
“Or do you want to keep America moving forward?” he asked Sept. 6 to raucous applause from roughly 20,000 delegates and activists.
Now please explain to me where and when a Republican has said that if Romney were elected, they'd deny Blacks the vote, access to restaurants, or access to public transportation.

I'll wait.....

Old 09-08-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Here's an example for you......
Now please explain to me where and when a Republican has said that if Romney were elected, they'd deny Blacks the vote, access to restaurants, or access to public transportation.

I'll wait.....
You're drawing a conclusion that isn't there. He didn't say what you're accusing him of saying. He's making a comparison.

It really doesn't matter what I say. You're going to criticize Democrats and praise Republicans, no matter what anyone says to you.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:41 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Quote:
That was a pretty prophetic statement seeing how that's about the ONLY thing he and the rest of the Democrat speakers did.
I thought you said you were paying close attention to the convention? The dems were trumpeting their accomplishments pretty loudly.

And frankly, John Lewis is far from the only person to pick up on the modern GOP's contempt for black people and attempts to suppress certain voters.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
You're drawing a conclusion that isn't there. He didn't say what you're accusing him of saying. He's making a comparison.

Those are EXACT QUOTES...VERBATIM!!!!!!

There's no "comparison" there at all.

So you're rebuttal is that he DIDN'T say it????

Do you need MORE examples of EXACT QUOTES of Democrats saying things???

Quote:
It really doesn't matter what I say.
TRANSLATION: I cannot possibly defend those RACIST and DISGUSTING remarks

Old 09-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
I thought you said you were paying close attention to the convention? The dems were trumpeting their accomplishments pretty loudly.

Really?

Obama NEVER mentioned ObamaCare or the Stimulus AT ALL.

And besides....that doesn't answer the question addressed in this topic about all the Straw Men they set up.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Those are EXACT QUOTES...VERBATIM!!!!!!

There's no "comparison" there at all.

So you're rebuttal is that he DIDN'T say it????

Do you need MORE examples of EXACT QUOTES of Democrats saying things???

TRANSLATION: I cannot possibly defend those RACIST and DISGUSTING remarks
No. John Lewis did not say the things that you're accusing him of saying. It's that simple.

This really is a ridiculous argument. Your blind partisanship is causing you to see and hear things that aren't even there.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
No. John Lewis did not say the things that you're accusing him of saying. It's that simple.

How SAD that you are in such denial that you have to resort to bald faced lies even when the TRANSCRIPT is right in front of you.

What IS he saying when he talks about discrimination and then asks they want to "go back"?????

Since you insist on LYING....here's the VIDEO:

Quote:
This really is a ridiculous argument. Your blind partisanship is causing you to see and hear things that aren't even there.

Your blind partisanship is forcing YOU to lie....I really feel bad for you.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Your blind partisanship is forcing YOU to lie....I really feel bad for you.
Ha. That's nice. But I'm definitely not blindly partisan. I hold a number of opinions that are at odds with the Democratic Party.

I feel sorry for people who are on all-rant mode, all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections