Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 06:23 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,403,037 times

Advertisements

Namely one distraction and diversion after another. An endless series of dumbed-down mini-controversies tailor-made for MSM trolls.

• A demand by a 30-year-old law student for legislation that would require others to pay for her birth control somehow morphs into a 'war on women.'

•The brouhaha over Romneys tax returns.

•The sudden immaculate conversion on gay marriage from Pres. Obama.

•The controversy over Paul Ryan's marathon time.

•Other mini-controversies too numerous to list, such as Romney's comments about the Olympics, Ann Romney's horse, Romney's comments about the terrorist attack in Libya, etc.

•The latest, of course, namely Romney's questioning of where we are going with 47% of tax filers paying zero taxes. Even the WaPo thinks this is a tempest in a tea-pot:
Romney’s ’47 percent’ comment and the importance of the echo chamber

It's a smart campaign, no doubt, when you've got 8.3 percent uemployment, fewer jobs than in 2009, black unemployment thru the roof, median household income down by 5%, $16 trillion in debt, gas prices more than doubled, and one in six Americans or thereabouts on food stamps. And the area surrounding Washington DC now the richest region (by household income) in the nation, surpassing Silicon Valley.

Credit where credit is due...well done, Team Obama; gotta hand it to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,736,228 times
Agree 100%!!

Old 09-20-2012, 06:36 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,172,199 times
hmm, I dont think that Obama has run such a stellar campaign, but Romney is such a horrible candidate. He is a walking contradiction. I watched clips of him and Obama on Univision today, and he was towing the moderate line. He doesnt mind being the 'grandfather of obamacare', and 'he wont throw anyone out'.,,etc... I watched in awe..

Now dont get me wrong, I think he should have been moderate all along, but he never wouldve gotten the nomination if he had been, but now no one knows who the real mitt romney is.

Huntsman said it best, "he is a well oiled weather vane"

Old 09-20-2012, 06:40 PM

1,334 posts, read 3,000,106 times
I don't think the conservative pundits are doing him any favors either. The Noonans and Kristols are throwing him under the bus.

Romney is also being to concise. He is the challenger. He can't just say go to my website, people want to hear details from him.

It does not take to many mistakes to ruin a campaign. Look at Rudy Giuliani, many people thought he was a shoe in 2008. Romney is making mistakes at breakneck speed. He better throw a no hitter from here on.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,705,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
hmm, I dont think that Obama has run such a stellar campaign, but Romney is such a horrible candidate. He is a walking contradiction. I watched clips of him and Obama on Univision today, and he was towing the moderate line. He doesnt mind being the 'grandfather of obamacare', and 'he wont throw anyone out'.,,etc... I watched in awe..

Now dont get me wrong, I think he should have been moderate all along, but he never wouldve gotten the nomination if he had been, but now no one knows who the real mitt romney is.

Huntsman said it best, "he is a well oiled weather vane"
This is it.

0boy's handlers are smart (cunning and evil) and Romney's are dumber than a box of rocks.

There was a time in America where people thought for themselves and were able to figure out this stuff. These days, not so much. 0boy's minions are the dumbest of all to not be able to sort stuff out without the help of the likes of Matthews, MadCow, Lawrence, et al. They watch MSNBC and consider themselves smarter. That's a very sad state of the union.

Oboy's people have kept Mitt running and twirling to try to get away from stupidity, but he doesn't seem to be able to shake off the crap, one turd immediately after the last.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:51 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,535,216 times
Well, these "distractions" are effective because they are keeping Romney off balance. The video leak clearly caught him off guard..... he and his campaign didn't know how to effectively respond. If this were boxing, Romney is getting hit by jabs and punches from directions he didn't expect. To shift metaphors, Romney is experiencing death by a thousand cuts.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,383,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This is it.

0boy's handlers are smart (cunning and evil) and Romney's are dumber than a box of rocks.
Well since Mittens enjoys firing people so much, maybe he needs to do it with his campaign staff.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:10 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,313,385 times
It's not so much that Obama is running a great campaign, it's that Romney is running a horrible one.

Let's be honest, if Papa Bush, Nixon, or St. Reagan were running, they would win this election by a big margin.

Romney is not built for this.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,403,037 times
Thanks for reminding me about the 'firing people' hubub, FrugalYankee, that's one I had forgotten. If you listen to Romney's comment in context, it is a good point. If a store, contractor, cell-phone provider, etc, screws you over, don't you want to be able to fire them? Or do you just want to sit there and take a repeated spanking? That's all Mitt was saying, but you knew that.

That was yet another example.
'

Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,960,672 times
Competency does indeed appear smart -- particularly when your guy is running an uttely incompetent campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections