Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What will Mitt do after the election?
Get a role as Thurston Howell in a Gilligan's Island remake 8 15.69%
Go back to his roots and become a consultant to corporations, encouraging them to off shore more jobs 24 47.06%
Announce that he's a polygamist and get a new reality t.v. show starring him and his multiple wives 7 13.73%
Other (explain) 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:14 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Maybe he'll become president of the LDS church.
Yup. It will take him quite a while before he gets the job, but he will join the Quorum of The 12 as soon as there is a vacancy.
Current President Monson is 85.
The next in line is 87, and the second in line is 90.
The third in line is 88, and and the next 6 are all in their 80's.
Of the rest, the youngest is 60, but as a former Presidential nominee, when Mitt gets in, he may skip upward in seniority. I don't know if that's possible or not.

Most of the later past church Presidents were all old men when they assumed the Presidency. Since it's for life (as is membership in the Quorum), some were pretty much just figureheads, while others were very active. That's one thing about Mormons; if they make it past 60, they often go on to live very long lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 08:39 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. It will take him quite a while before he gets the job, but he will join the Quorum of The 12 as soon as there is a vacancy.
There is absolutely no reason in the world for me or anybody else to think you know what you're talking about. The fact that Mitt Romney is a household name doesn't make the slightest bit of difference when it comes to a position in the Quorum of the Twelve.

Quote:
Of the rest, the youngest is 60, but as a former Presidential nominee, when Mitt gets in, he may skip upward in seniority. I don't know if that's possible or not.
Virtually beyond the realm of possibility.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 PM

326 posts, read 433,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
And I think you should start a support group for those affected by passive aggressive personality disorders.

And I think you should lighten up missy!

Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
There is absolutely no reason in the world for me or anybody else to think you know what you're talking about. The fact that Mitt Romney is a household name doesn't make the slightest bit of difference when it comes to a position in the Quorum of the Twelve.

Virtually beyond the realm of possibility.
Ann Romney doesn't seem like a Salt Lake City kinda woman to me. Have they ever lived there for a significant length of time?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:05 PM

326 posts, read 433,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Ann Romney doesn't seem like a Salt Lake City kinda woman to me. Have they ever lived there for a significant length of time?
Good Lord no! Have you?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Just during the time Mitt was in charge of the 2002 Olympics and briefly afterwards (roughly three years).

Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainerWannabe View Post
And I think you should lighten up missy!

I guess the truth hurts even when you are not the one being addressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections