Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 04:27 PM

990 posts, read 939,402 times

Advertisements

Hypocrisy.

I support Gary Johnson (I'm in California, so my vote doesn't matter, Obama's got this one in the bag), but this website is the perfect proof anyone should use to show why no person in their right mind should even consider voting Romney:

Mitt Romney Flip-Flops

Seriously, every point he makes, he makes the counterpoint...sometimes in the same speech.

Vote Johnson and maybe the GOP will realize that Libertarianism is their path to success, not Fascism combined with Corporatism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 04:32 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
obvious

Old 09-27-2012, 04:39 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Hypocrisy.

I support Gary Johnson (I'm in California, so my vote doesn't matter, Obama's got this one in the bag), but this website is the perfect proof anyone should use to show why no person in their right mind should even consider voting Romney:

Mitt Romney Flip-Flops

Seriously, every point he makes, he makes the counterpoint...sometimes in the same speech.

Vote Johnson and maybe the GOP will realize that Libertarianism is their path to success, not Fascism combined with Corporatism.
I am by no means a Romney supporter, but Johnson will have to work with Democrats and Republicans. So, is he just going to refuse to sign things that don't 100% agree with his views on things?

Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 PM

771 posts, read 1,459,566 times
Personally, I will vote for the party and the candidate that I feel is more likely to compromise. And that makes it an awfully difficult choice in today's toxic and highly polarized American political landscape.

Neither party holds the secret magic key to recovery, and ideological purity won't take us anywhere. I don't want a huge federal government that oversees every aspect of my life but I also don't want no government at all. I want my taxes to be as low as possible, but I don't want them to be kept low because of an outdated pledge that forces politicians to lose sight of the big picture. I strongly believe partisanship is what is holding our economy and our country down. The sooner Democrats and Republicans understand this the sooner recovery will begin.

No party can win every single election, we will continue going from red to blue and blue to red, that will never change. We can't have parties cancelling each other out and eliminating each others accomplishments every time we change governments. We can't have politicians unilaterally making decisions. We can't have elected officials whose priority is to kick out other elected officials.

Romney flip flops because he has no other choice in today's partisan environment. I actually don't think he would be a bad President if he was allowed to be the real him: a moderate, right-leaning politician. What concerns me is that he isn't really in control of today's highly partisan and uncompromising GOP.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:48 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,822 times
Quote:
Hypocrisy.

Mitt Romney Flip-Flops

Johnson gave huge tax credits and subsidies to the film industry.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM

876 posts, read 708,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
Personally, I will vote for the party and the candidate that I feel is more likely to compromise. And that makes it an awfully difficult choice in today's toxic and highly polarized American political landscape.

Neither party holds the secret magic key to recovery, and ideological purity won't take us anywhere. I don't want a huge federal government that oversees every aspect of my life but I also don't want no government at all. I want my taxes to be as low as possible, but I don't want them to be kept low because of an outdated pledge that forces politicians to lose sight of the big picture. I strongly believe partisanship is what is holding our economy and our country down. The sooner Democrats and Republicans understand this the sooner recovery will begin.

No party can win every single election, we will continue going from red to blue and blue to red, that will never change. We can't have parties cancelling each other out and eliminating each others accomplishments every time we change governments. We can't have politicians unilaterally making decisions. We can't have elected officials whose priority is to kick out other elected officials.

Romney flip flops because he has no other choice in today's partisan environment. I actually don't think he would be a bad President if he was allowed to be the real him: a moderate, right-leaning politician. What concerns me is that he isn't really in control of today's highly partisan and uncompromising GOP.
Romney "flip flops" but obama "evolves". Whatever you call it, these are people and they are allowed to change their minds. It just depends on why they change their minds. If they realize that something is not working and they need to find a new way, then that is great. If they change their mind because they think that it will get them more votes, then that is pathetic. What worries me more is when they don't change their failing ways out of stubborness that they just got to be right.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:11 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
The reason why I wont vote for Romney in 1 word: Republican.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The reason why I wont vote for Romney in 1 word: Republican.
The new Republican is corporate fascism personified - or at least rule by the wealthy (plutocracy). This mindset has always been with us, in the shadows, waiting for its chance.
They apparently love the concept of government-for-sale - thanks to Citizens United.
Hard to tell where Romney stands on this, but it seems to me his handlers will be Wall Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Johnson gave huge tax credits and subsidies to the film industry.
I support subsidies to those, like startup industries, which are beneficial and who need them. All welfare should be a "hand up" until successful, and corporations are no different. Here is the republican "free market" and the much-maligned govt "interference" in a nutshell.
https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/09/03-7
Quote:
Hypocrisy.

Mitt Romney Flip-Flops

What is the total platform of libertarians - especially where it concerns total privatization? Nothing public? No public lands - including our National Parks? Progressive democrats are similar in ideology except for that.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 AM

13,689 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,461 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections