Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Mitch McConnell made that comment almost 2 years after Obama took office because he was doing a dismal job. It was and still is a perfectly logical goal to get him out of office. He has done nothing to make the economy better and spends money like he thinks that causes it to reproduce or something. His foreign policy has American looking weak and stupid. He needs to go. Yes, I will vote for Romney. (The filibusters were mostly due to the liberal policies they tried to sneak into bills.)

You are either ignorant or being purposely disingenuous...take your pick...

Quote:
We know now, though, that the very same day the world welcomed the new President into office, a small group of powerful men, bent on his destruction, secretly met to design a plan to create economic and political chaos in America for the coming four years, solely for the purpose of regaining the House of Representatives in 2010, and the Presidency in 2012. According to the Huffington Post, reviewing Robert Draper's book, Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside The House Of Representatives, this meeting at "The Caucus Room," an expensive, Washington watering hole, lasted four hours, and fourteen of the GOP's most important and cutthroat politicos attended. The conspirators concluded not only would they attempt to win back power by any means necessary, but also they would oppose every policy initiative and every bill of any significance advanced by President Obama, and, by implication, whether the policy or bill forwarded the interests of the American public or not. As we now know, this plan included voting against legislation written and introduced by the Republicans themselves, or formerly supported by Republicans and opposed by the Democrats. As we know now, this agreement included refusing to raise the federal debt ceiling, or, in other words, refusing to authorize payment for expenses the very same Congress had previously voted to incur, which nearly led to a worldwide depression far worse than the "Great Depression" of the 1930's and caused the partial downgrade of America's triple "A" bond status. This all occurred while troops were in the field and the Commander-In-Chief conducted two separate wars, and played a leading role in a third.

OpEdNews - Article: A Republican Dance of Treason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 01:03 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Sometimes threads like this could jump up and bite you on the arse.

...if you get my meaning.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Parents of chronically ill children that now have health care coverage will give him credit
Gays in the military that no longer having to hide their identity will give him credit
Women getting equal pay for equal work will give him credit
The world is a safer place without Bin Laden and that is to Obama's credit
Soldeirs home from Iraq and their families when the war was finally ended will give him credit
Veterans and the help that Obama and The First Lady are offering to them and their families will give him credit
Employees of the auto industry will give him credit

There's more, but I do not need to list them all as they are clearly listed on various sites. When it comes down to it, the people that are directy affected by Obama's accomplishments and the people that have empathy for others are clearly the ones that realize that Obama deserves credit for much.

You are not specific in your statement referring to higher taxes. Are you in the top 1%?
I can answer that question nope she is not--she is in that 47% like the rest of us Romney was exploiting. But i agree with you 100% of all you have credited the President for, because Yes he did all those things!! What a fine President we have, and I am so excited to be able to see his face as commander in cheif for the Next 4 years!! God is so good!!

Old 10-03-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
well, since the Dems claim women still don't get equal pay for equal work, I guess they won't give hime credit.
Obama okay'd an order, he did not kill bin laden
All the soldiers I know when I am at the VA and friends of mine, do not give him credit since for one, there are still soldiers in Iraq, plus the more he is sending back already.
Lets see, I am a veteran and nope nothing Obama has done.

No, I am talking about the top 49% you know the ones who already pay taxes and Obama wants to raise them on.
Lucky for you that serving in the military did not leave you with mental health issues...
Obama Extends Help for Veterans With Mental Health Problems

That is what I mean about not having empathy for others.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-03-2012 at 01:26 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I can answer that question nope she is not--she is in that 47% like the rest of us Romney was exploiting. But i agree with you 100% of all you have credited the President for, because Yes he did all those things!! What a fine President we have, and I am so excited to be able to see his face as commander in cheif for the Next 4 years!! God is so good!!
Cannot rep you again...

Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Cannot rep you again...
Right back at ya luv!!!! You see the sense of love and comradery we have on this side (D), We are not a party of beat Romney, WE are a party of believing in our President, loving our country and wanting the BEST for all Americans.

What kind of party runs a platform on "We dont want you and dont like you Romney, just beat the President" That is automatically setting someone up for failure psychologically. Maybe that is why Mitt is holding on to Ann's skirt tails so much the Romney campaign is the saddest campaign I have seen to date..

Old 10-03-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Right back at ya luv!!!! You see the sense of love and comradery we have on this side (D), We are not a party of beat Romney, WE are a party of believing in our President, loving our country and wanting the BEST for all Americans.

What kind of party runs a platform on "We dont want you and dont like you Romney, just beat the President" That is automatically setting someone up for failure psychologically. Maybe that is why Mitt is holding on to Ann's skirt tails so much the Romney campaign is the saddest campaign I have seen to date..
It's not just your opinion that Romney's campaign is sad, pathetic actually...he statistically has the worst favorability record in history...

Why Mitt Romney Has the Worst Favorability Ratings in Memory - The Daily Beast

Yes, the favorability of The POTUS was apparent in the success of the convention.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
Quote:
It's not just your opinion that Romney's campaign is sad, pathetic actually...he statistically has the worst favorability record in history...

Why Mitt Romney Has the Worst Favorability Ratings in Memory - The Daily Beast

Yes, the favorability of The POTUS was apparent in the success of the convention.
Well that's great. I'm glad you are voting with your "lady parts".

Old 10-03-2012, 02:19 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Obama okay'd an order, he did not kill bin laden
All the soldiers I know when I am at the VA and friends of mine, do not give him credit since for one, there are still soldiers in Iraq,
Not following your logic< Obama is the Commander,he orders things to get done and soldiers follow his commands and get what he wants done,do you seriously believe the President should have flown to Pakistan by himself (Economy class of course)and taken a taxi to Osamas house and taken him out personally?
Seems to me Obama gave the order to take out the head of Americas enemy which the soldiers successfully carried out, every one did their part including the President,i'm not seeing the President bragging about it and he did give due credit to those soldiers who carried out the task.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Well that's great. I'm glad you are voting with your "lady parts".
Better she votes with her lady parts than talk out of them like you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections