Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Obama took the high road, and just sat back and let Willard keep digging his hole. The Willard that come across last night was one that was disrespectful, a liar, thug, and out of touch with reality.

The 47%, tax cuts for the rich, hiding his tax returns etc,..I'm sure Obama is waiting to dump on Willard during the last debate so he can be made an ass out of for the last time on national TV during a debate.

During his speech today, he was laying the hammer down on Willard, expect to see more of that.
Keep dreaming, Obama's body language said it all....Obama struggled not as some great plan, but because he was in over his head. Period.

Yes away from Romney close to handlers Obama does well again....Teleprompter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 03:00 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but I don't think he did as badly, and Romney did as well, as the republican establishment is trying to claim."

Forget what the repubs are saying. Look at what the dems ARE SAYING.
I think the dems are freaking out because they expected Obama to sail through it--they're no different than you Romney robots. They think Obama can do no wrong, and it's a shock when they figure out that he's capable of flubs. MSNBC was the worst last night--they were in a state of disbelief. As far as the presidency goes, I think Obama has done OK given the circumstances he walked in to--he's not the disaster that you all claim he is--but he's no savior and he's made his share of missteps. Still, I'd rather vote for "ok" and know what I'm getting than for a tea party supported nut who won't tell us what his plans are once he takes office, and who tells a different story every time he opens his mouth.

Last edited by mb1547; 10-04-2012 at 03:23 PM..

Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I think the dems are freaking out because they expected Obama to sail through it--they're no different than you Romney robots. They think Obama can do no wrong, and it's a shock when they figure out that he's capable of flubs. MSNBC was the worst last night--they were in a state of disbelief. As far as the presidency goes, I think Obama has done OK given the circumstances he walked in to--he's not the disaster that you all claim he is--but he's no savior and he's made his share of missteps. Still, I'd rather vote for "ok" and know what I'm getting than for a tea party supported nut who won't tell us what his plans are once he takes office, and who tells a different story every time he opens his mouth.
" I think Obama has done OK given the circumstances he walked in to--" Huh? he is the sitting President of the United States and he didn't know what he was walking into? Give me a break?

He did OK? Many from his own party said he lost.

As I have stated before, we have had Obama from running the first time till now and we still DON'T know what his plan is.

you don't like Romney because you claim he changes all the time. Obama "evolves".

And of course we have the insulting name calling of people who you don't agree with. Do you really think with that kind of attitude anyone takes you serious?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:16 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I think Obama has done OK given the circumstances he walked in to--" Huh? he is the sitting President of the United States and he didn't know what he was walking into? Give me a break?

He did OK? Many from his own party said he lost.

As I have stated before, we have had Obama from running the first time till now and we still DON'T know what his plan is.

you don't like Romney because you claim he changes all the time. Obama "evolves".

And of course we have the insulting name calling of people who you don't agree with. Do you really think with that kind of attitude anyone takes you serious?
I'm not talking about the debate--I'm talking about his tenure as president. He hasn't been great, but he's done ok considering what he walked into. As far as the debate goes, Obama had a really bad night, although some of you make it sound like he stood on the stage and drooled. Romney's spent the last six months running around with his head up his backside and his foot in his mouth, and now the media is having a hey day unraveling all the flip flopping and lies he told during the debate, which is going to go straight into prime time attack ads in swing states. Somehow I don't think I'd declare a Romney win just yet.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about the debate--I'm talking about his tenure as president. He hasn't been great, but he's done ok considering what he walked into. As far as the debate goes, Obama had a really bad night, although some of you make it sound like he stood on the stage and drooled. Romney's spent the last six months running around with his head up his backside and his foot in his mouth, and now the media is having a hey day unraveling all the flip flopping and lies he told during the debate, which is going to go straight into prime time attack ads in swing states. Somehow I don't think I'd declare a Romney win just yet.
Your blinders are to tight.

IF Romney was doing so badly, whey did the polls show such an even match?

According to you Obama should be way ahead in the polls.

Or, explain why, if Romney was doing so badly HASN'T, soared in the polls?

" but he's done ok considering what he walked into". Quit tying to make excuses. Obama stated "We are in the worst recession since the Great depression", therefore he KNEW how bad things were.

Not ONE prediction that he promised has come true. "Cut the deficit in half". Hasn't happened.

"Pass my Stimulus Bill and unemployment won't go below 8%". Didn't happen.
Why don't YOU supply some of the things he has promised that DID come true.

P.S. I am only interested in important things.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Lol!

Winning!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Listen to that entire tape there is so much nonsence from Mr Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney. The Pres. will be able to use it and any Dem running in 2016 will be able to use it on any Repub. that even looked at Mr.Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney

Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
"than you Romney robots". When you make insulting remarks like this you lose any credibility you might have had.

Because someone doesn't agree with you is no reason to make these insulting remarks. People have the right to support whomever they wish and shouldn't be looked don upon. It makes you look snobbish and condescending.

Not to mention you are usually wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections