Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I can't load the links on the website to watch the videos. Can someone confirm if there is anything other than white males that Romney 'selflessly helped'. If the OP had to get his hanky out I suspect it was because he identified with the individuals. If there is even one story about anyone not white, GLBT, single mom, anything other than white males really, then I will personally rep the OP. I hope someone can watch and let me know - thanks.
The majority Romney "selflessly helped" were members of the LDS Church. I had already read about this here http:///townhall.com/columnists/john...now/page/full/.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 12:14 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The majority Romney "selflessly helped" were members of the LDS Church. I had already read about this here http:///townhall.com/columnists/john...now/page/full/.
I am THUNDERSTRUCK. If someone is a member, then it would make sense to vote for the champion of his people. For the rest of America - don't expect Romney to shive a get.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Bain Capital has eliminated many American jobs and shipped them to China. I am sure Romney has indeed "touched" the personal lives of very many people.

And you are getting emotional over this guy? Glenn Beck? I rest my case
Bain Capital has created far more jobs than it outsourced. Even so, this is a global economy, which I don't expect a liberal to ever understand unless it's convenient for them.

It's sad that a man like Mitt Romney who is such a good and decent person is being so villified by people how are far less worthy than he is.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Bain Capital has created far more jobs than it outsourced. Even so, this is a global economy, which I don't expect a liberal to ever understand unless it's convenient for them.

It's sad that a man like Mitt Romney who is such a good and decent person is being so villified by people how are far less worthy than he is.
So I guess I was right about my guess that most if not all of the recipients of Wonderboy's goodness are white males. And have learned they are actually members of his own church. Michael Jackson donated more money to more charities than anyone before him - I can only imagine what a high opinion you might have of him.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:34 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Says the guy who posted this in another thread:

Hypocrite.
Ignorant,

You do realize that the post you quoted from did not have a link and was just a personal opinion, right...no I guess not because of your useless comment made here.

Now, will you discredit the OP that is NOT an opinion and has a factual link...

I did not think so...

Oh, and here is a true leftis tactic:

You have violated the TOS, maybe you should read up on them before cross posting threads.....you are in clear violation.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:36 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
So I guess I was right about my guess that most if not all of the recipients of Wonderboy's goodness are white males. And have learned they are actually members of his own church. Michael Jackson donated more money to more charities than anyone before him - I can only imagine what a high opinion you might have of him.
The race card is old and has been played out....not even worth bringing up anymore...

Old 10-05-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The title of this thread would more accurately be; "Mitt Romney has touched the lives of some white, heterosexual, Mormon males".

Old 10-05-2012, 01:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
I can't load the links on the website to watch the videos. Can someone confirm if there is anything other than white males that Romney 'selflessly helped'. If the OP had to get his hanky out I suspect it was because he identified with the individuals. If there is even one story about anyone not white, GLBT, single mom, anything other than white males really, then I will personally rep the OP. I hope someone can watch and let me know - thanks.
You are the 6th poster to answer that has not read the story. You may have an excuse but the others didn't. I think that they all fear they may soften a bit on Romney if they see those videos so they refuse to look.

The first story in the group is about a couple of people and their adult daughter telling the story about what Romney did for their family. It seems that two of their boys became quadriplegics in the same auto accident and Romney brought Christmas presents for both of them to their house on Christmas Eve. Some of his boys came along and even unwrapped the presents for the college aged boys. The most surprising thing of all was that he has paid every penny toward those boys' college educations and comes by with presents each Christmas eve. I wonder how much it is costing for him to pay every penny for those two boys to go to college.

An another story in the group has to do with him going to a home for about 500 homeless veterans where Ted Kennedy spent about 1/2 hour. Romney first asked to see the books of the place and spent about an hour looking them over and then took about 1 1/2 hours looking around the place and then asked the man who runs the shelter what his biggest need was. Well now it turned out to be pints of milk since he tries to make sure that each man has one pint of milk for lunch and one for supper. That amounts to 7000 pints per month. The milk was delivered the next week and he only was charged for half the bottles. That went on for nearly 2 years and the milkman refused to tell him who the donor was as per the wishes of the donor. Anyway after nearly 2 years the milkman was retiring and finally gave in and said it was Mitt Romney. That man who ran that place could barely get through the story without crying and I sure did the same.

I won't bother you with the other two stories but surely some leaner will watch the videos and can tell you about them.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Bain Capital has eliminated many American jobs and shipped them to China. I am sure Romney has indeed "touched" the personal lives of very many people.

And you are getting emotional over this guy? Glenn Beck? I rest my case
Damned fine job of deflecting and it seems to have worked very well, too. Old Saul would be proud of you.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
OK. I give up.

What's a "leaner"?
You happen to be one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections