Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 01:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ahmadinejad? Geezus, how did you make that big ass leap?

Why do so many of you have Ahmadinejad on the brain? It's like some of you are obsessed with the guy.

We're talking about Romney here. Damn.
he was referring to my post suggesting that even a visit from imanutjob would be a honor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 05:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Willard was again trying to pander to the hispanic vote by attempting to schedule a PR OP at a local hispanic restaurant, but they refused.

Since then, the restaurant has been harassed with everything from fake orders all the way to death threats.

Are the GOP this disgusting, the mormon cult this sinister, or both?

Mexican cafe gets death threats after refusing Romney visit | The Raw Story
How ridiculous is it to pin the acts of few whack jobs on Mormons and Romney supporters? I thought liberal people were uber tolerant of all other opinions. hehe

Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Of course there are some people who identify with Democrats who are hateful. The problem you are avoiding is that MOST Republicans are filled with hatred and bigotry. You can see it every day on these forums and the nutjobs run the Republican party.
You're full crap!

Old 10-05-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
To be fair, they didn't recognize Mitt without his brown makeup.
Keep your day job. You're no standup comedian. It was the Univision makeup artists that put that makeup on him. It is standard procedure for a guest going on tv by any network.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
How ridiculous is it to pin the acts of few whack jobs on Mormons and Romney supporters? I thought liberal people were uber tolerant of all other opinions. hehe
Libs are the least tolerant of all human beings and have proved as such. Can't even debate the issues without insults. They can't tolerate a differing view at all. Overwhelming evidence right here in this forum.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
If this Mexican restaurant caters to white people that might be fine. If your customer base is latino, putting a picture of Mitt Romney or any Republican on the wall would probably put you out of business.

It would be like a Jewish deli with photographs of Eichmann and Himmler prominently displayed.
Why, because Romney respects our immigration laws that is offensive to Latinos? Guess that's proof that they put their tribal mentality above the laws of this country. They cant stick their burritos where the sun don't shine.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I think it is a fair comparison. Romney is the head of a party of which a large base of support comes from anti immigrant racists. Many of Romney supporters have advocated for the show us your papers type laws and formed armed militias to patrol the border. A large number of the members of the armed citizen militias are neo Nazis and skinhead racists.

I have seen more than a handful of posts on this site where conservative Republicans actually call for border crossers to be shot on sight.
Anti-immigrant? No, most conservative Americans are anti-illegal immigration. Learn to know the difference. There is nothing racist about wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced.

We don't have the right to protect our borders? If any of those citizen patrols break the law they will be held accountable regardless of their organization affiliations. Show me your papers? What nonsense! A police officer can only stop you if you have committed a traffic violation or some other infraction of the law. We are all obligated to show our ID/DL at that time. If you have one there are no further questions about status in this country. Only if you don't have one is that question asked.
Stop the lies!

So now you are going to use radicals who want border crossers shot on sight as representative of the whole anti-ILLEGAL IMMMIGRATION movement? Your side on this issue makes me sick with your constant spinning of truth and demonization of law abiding, loyal Americans for merely wanting our immigration laws enfored! Let me guess.....you're Hispanic?

Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM

50,303 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Anti-immigrant? No, most conservative Americans are anti-illegal immigration. Learn to know the difference. There is nothing racist about wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced.

We don't have the right to protect our borders? If any of those citizen patrols break the law they will be held accountable regardless of their organization affiliations. Show me your papers? What nonsense! A police officer can only stop you if you have committed a traffic violation or some other infraction of the law. We are all obligated to show our ID/DL at that time. If you have one there are no further questions about status in this country. Only if you don't have one is that question asked.
Stop the lies!

So now you are going to use radicals who want border crossers shot on sight as representative of the whole anti-ILLEGAL IMMMIGRATION movement? Your side on this issue makes me sick with your constant spinning of truth and demonization of law abiding, loyal Americans for merely wanting our immigration laws enfored! Let me guess.....you're Hispanic?
Too uber liberals it doesn't make sense to divide illegal immigrant vs immigrant. Most radical far left or right wingers are mental.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why, because Romney respects our immigration laws that is offensive to Latinos? Guess that's proof that they put their tribal mentality above the laws of this country. They cant stick their burritos where the sun don't shine.
That's a fantasy. If Mitt Romney wins, he'll do NOTHING about illegal immigration. Sorry to have to have to inform you of that horrible news.

Now back to fantasyland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections