Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 11:42 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times

Advertisements

Next debate is tonight.

Predicting the outcome of a debate that hasn't happened yet, is like predicting what your wife will weigh a year from now. Guesses are almost useless.

So my guess is: I expect Obama to do about as well as he did in the 2nd debate, ditto for Romney.

Meaning, they will ties on technique (each will support his points to an approximately equal degree), but Romney will (once again) be able to point out Obama's failure for four years, which Obama will not be able to do to Romney. So Romney will keep and possibly extend his lead... and Obama gets no more chances.

And when more Republicans vote on Nov. 6 than Democrats (just as they did on Nov. 2010), unlike what most polls are hoping for, Romney will actually win the popular vote by some 6%, and win in Ohio, Florida, Virginia, Colorado, and possibly Pennsylvania, taking the Electoral College too.

Sorry, Barack. Maybe next election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Next debate is tonight. I expect Obama to do about as well as he did in the 2nd debate, ditto for Romney.

Meaning, they will ties on technique (each will support his points to an approximately equal degree), but Romney will (once again) be able to point out Obama's failure for four years, which Obama will not be able to do to Romney. So Romney will keep and possibly extend his lead... and Obama gets no more chances.

And when more Republicans vote on Nov. 6 than Democrats, unlike what most polls are hoping for, Romney will actually win the election by some 6%, and win in Ohio, Florida, Virginia, Colorado, and possibly Pennsylvania, taking the Electoral College too.

Sorry, Barack. Maybe next election.
Republicans live in a peculiar fantasy world. They are easily able to maintain their fantasy when FOX News and the GOP cultivate and sustain them.

However, election results are statistical and mathematical absolutes, and in this regard, your fantasies will end on Nov. 6th.

That's when four more years becomes reality.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,465,672 times
The only thing I know for sure about tonight's debate is that no one in San Francisco or St. Louis will be watching it.

(GIANTS!)

Old 10-22-2012, 11:48 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
The only thing I know for sure about tonight's debate is that no one in San Francisco or St. Louis will be watching it.

(GIANTS!)
Count this former St. Louisan and current Floridian among those that will be watching a game that can be won.

CARDS!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:49 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,313,126 times
Tonight's debate is on foreign policy, one of Obama's weakest points, not that he has been particularly strong in any area.

I expect that Obama will come out swinging but with his record on foreign policy over the past four years, this is the last thing he needs right now, with Romney surging everywhere and the swing states that were solid Obama territory in 2008 neck and neck.

I give it to Romney. He hasn't failed in a debate yet, and, especially in the area of foreign policy, he appears strong and presidential next to Obama.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:50 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
I think it will be a tie tonight. Obama will make the point that he inherited a MESS from Bush and that he has done well considering that the entire world is in a recession. People know that we'll be voting soon and we can't afford to have someone in office who only cares about the super rich, not about the country as a whole. We'll re-elect President Obama.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
I'll be DVR'ing the debate for later. I've got the BEARS and the CARDS to watch!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
And when more Republicans vote on Nov. 6 than Democrats (just as they did on Nov. 2010), unlike what most polls are hoping for,
Virtually every poll, including the ones heavily skewed toward Democrats, have found that more than 90% of Republicans vote for Romney, while more than 90% of Democrats vote for Obama. Hardly surprising, of course. And they mostly find that everyone else goes about 2 to 1 for Romney.

But this means that the outcome of the election, depends almost entirely on how many of each group actually go to the polls and vote on Nov. 6.

The only company that actually counts how many Republicans and Democrats there are, is Rasmussen. And their latest count found about 2% more Republicans that Democrats, with Democrat voters diminishing especially in large cities (Obama's former stronghold).

So if Republicans and Democrats vote in proportion to their numbers, Romney will have the edge. And when Independents also vote, it becomes more lopsided for Romney.

And if a *greater* percentage of Republicans vote on Nov. 6, than the percentage of Democrats (as many polls find is likely), the advantage for Romney becomes even more lopsided.

Any way you slice it, the party appears to be over for Barack and his cohorts. They've been caught, and voters don't like what they have found.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:43 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That's when four more years becomes reality.
There's no need to make threats, Danny. Keep it civil, k?

Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM

45,233 posts, read 26,457,645 times
shoot I made plans to alphabetize my sock drawer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections