Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 02:47 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A full-page Mitt Romney campaign ad in today’s Cedar Rapids Gazette takes the form of an open letter from 13 Iowans who say they voted for President Barack Obama in 2008 but regret their choice and won’t do so again in 2012.

The letter is phrased as an apology, and lays out a case for why Romney, the Republican nominee is a better choice this time around.

“Mitt Romney will deliver the real recovery that President Obama has failed to bring, he’ll get Americans working again, and he’ll turn our economy around,” the letter says.
You can see the ad at the link.

Link: http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...n-2008/article

For my part, I forgive these folks and thank them for having the humility and decency to realize they made a mistake. Nobody's perfect, but not everyone can recognize their own errors. These 13 people have done that.

Plus, I am sure they will be targeted and threatened by Obama's thugs. Agreeing to publicly state this apology probably puts their lives at risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 02:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Well now, a whole 13 people, must be like 20-25 people living in Iowa for this to be a big deal.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:49 PM

235 posts, read 276,385 times
Sure.. those voters can express the feelings which ever way they want to...
But look at the RCP recent polls for IA
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Iowa: Romney vs. Obama

Obama up +3...

Old 10-17-2012, 02:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You can see the ad at the link.

Link: http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...n-2008/article

For my part, I forgive these folks and thank them for having the humility and decency to realize they made a mistake. Nobody's perfect, but not everyone can recognize their own errors. These 13 people have done that.

Plus, I am sure they will be targeted and threatened by Obama's thugs. Agreeing to publicly state this apology probably puts their lives at risk.
LOL! At the bottom of the letter are the words, "Paid for by Romney for President, Inc."

That "letter" has no substance, just more Romney BS.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
LOL! At the bottom of the letter are the words, "Paid for by Romney for President, Inc."

There's a lot more than 13 people in Iowa who aren't buying Obama's BS this time around. Most of them just won't admit it publicly for fear of being called a racist or buying themselves an audit by the IRS.

I hope you don't do something drastic on Election Day because it is going to be very, very hard on you.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
There are a lot of people who voted for Obama once, and wont again. Yet the media wants us to believe that there is this huge enthusiasm that equals or surpasses 2008. Romney is a far better candidate than McCain was and it shows. If Obama actually wins, he will just squeak by. He better be thankful California and New York (80 electoral votes) are stuck on being blue. If he lost just one of those, hed have no chance.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Ouch, I didn't read the letter, but that makes it much worse. It is basically a fake letter that the OP clearly bought into.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
There are a lot of people who voted for Obama once, and wont again. Yet the media wants us to believe that there is this huge enthusiasm that equals or surpasses 2008. Romney is a far better candidate than McCain was and it shows. If Obama actually wins, he will just squeak by. He better be thankful California and New York (80 electoral votes) are stuck on being blue. If he lost just one of those, hed have no chance.
Barring a major blunder or an October Surprise, Romney wins pretty easily in 3 weeks. The Romney ground game and enthusiasm in Ohio is unstoppable.

Wisconsin is also going red without a doubt.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
There's a lot more than 13 people in Iowa who aren't buying Obama's BS this time around. Most of them just won't admit it publicly for fear of being called a racist or buying themselves an audit by the IRS.

I hope you don't do something drastic on Election Day because it is going to be very, very hard on you.
Wow, i never realized Iowa was such a liberal haven where they punish those who are conservative.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Wow, i never realized Iowa was such a liberal haven where they punish those who are conservative.
It's not particularly liberal, but unfortunately there are crazy leftwing nutjobs everywhere, including Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections