Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 02:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times

Advertisements

Obama speaks with a forked tongue.

The alien who is among you shall rise higher and higher above you, and you shall come down lower and lower (Deuteronomy 28:43).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 02:16 PM

876 posts, read 710,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In President Obama's second term I am hoping that he steamrolls right over the GOP and puts the pedal to the metal in dragging America head first into the 21st century.

He didn't do it his first term. So, what makes you think he will do it now? All I hear from the left is that obama's failures are because the Republicans wouldn't let him do what he wants. But, the Dems had the majority in Congress for 2 years. If that truly is the case that it is all the Republicans fault that obama has failed so horribly, then either he is a terrible and ineffective leader that is the only president in history that cannot get both parties to cooperate for the good of the country, or his policies that he has passed and the ideas that even the Dems vote against are worthless strategies for helping America succeed. Which one is it?

Old 10-20-2012, 03:17 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,881,188 times
Obama's next term will be his last. Then at least 2 more Dem terms to follow. Why do you ask?

Old 10-20-2012, 03:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,558,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
He didn't do it his first term. So, what makes you think he will do it now? All I hear from the left is that obama's failures are because the Republicans wouldn't let him do what he wants. But, the Dems had the majority in Congress for 2 years. If that truly is the case that it is all the Republicans fault that obama has failed so horribly, then either he is a terrible and ineffective leader that is the only president in history that cannot get both parties to cooperate for the good of the country, or his policies that he has passed and the ideas that even the Dems vote against are worthless strategies for helping America succeed. Which one is it?
The fact that you are following me around this forum to comment on my posts means that you are afraid (and know) that I am right.

The mantra of the Obama presidency being a failure is all a part of the GOP attempt to undermine. They have been calling his presidency a "failure" even before he stepped one foot into the Oval Office. And the last time that a Republican held the office, GWB, he pushed America to the edge of the abyss. The GOP is hoping that the nation has a short memory on how well they run the country (ie taking the nation from a surplus to a deficit due to a vendetta war in Iraq)

I am happy with the job that President Obama has done, among other things, to keep America from falling off the cliff, pushing to get health insurance for most Americans and making renewable energy a priority. The only people who see those things as 'failures' are the short sighted who long to pull America back into the 1950s.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:42 PM

876 posts, read 710,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The fact that you are following me around this forum to comment on my posts means that you are afraid (and know) that I am right.

The mantra of the Obama presidency being a failure is all a part of the GOP attempt to undermine. They have been calling his presidency a "failure" even before he stepped one foot into the Oval Office. And the last time that a Republican held the office, GWB, he pushed America to the edge of the abyss. The GOP is hoping that the nation has a short memory on how well they run the country (ie taking the nation from a surplus to a deficit due to a vendetta war in Iraq)

I am happy with the job that President Obama has done, among other things, to keep America from falling off the cliff, pushing to get health insurance for most Americans and making renewable energy a priority. The only people who see those things as 'failures' are the short sighted who long to pull America back into the 1950s.

Following you around. That is funny. Yeah, I'm your groupy. What on Earth am I afraid of? That is just odd, but whatever.

But, I will be happy to leave you alone since you don't want to answer my question. You can only beam with pride for your president. I do find it strange that you and other obamalovers say that obama has done a great job one minute and then say that it is the Republicans fault because he hasn't done a better job.

I don't see his failures as failures because I'm a Republican, because I am not one. I don't see them as failures because I'm short sighted, because I'm not. I have seen Presidents that have dealt with much worse, do much more in four years. I do not see his failures because I long to be in the 1950s. I have never seen the 1950's except in movies and do not even understand what you mean by that. I see his failures because I am not blinded by some obama fascination. He made promises....he didn't deliver on them.....he is making the same promises. And I'm not buying them this time. The best indication of future behavior is past behavior. Which to me, is more broken promises. Especially because he will not have to worry about campaigning for the next term. Scarey.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,558,852 times
Quote:
Following you around. That is funny. Yeah, I'm your groupy. What on Earth am I afraid of? That is just odd, but whatever.

But, I will be happy to leave you alone since you don't want to answer my question. You can only beam with pride for your president. I do find it strange that you and other obamalovers say that obama has done a great job one minute and then say that it is the Republicans fault because he hasn't done a better job.

I don't see his failures as failures because I'm a Republican, because I am not one. I don't see them as failures because I'm short sighted, because I'm not. I have seen Presidents that have dealt with much worse, do much more in four years. I do not see his failures because I long to be in the 1950s. I have never seen the 1950's except in movies and do not even understand what you mean by that. I see his failures because I am not blinded by some obama fascination. He made promises....he didn't deliver on them.....he is making the same promises. And I'm not buying them this time. The best indication of future behavior is past behavior. Which to me, is more broken promises. Especially because he will not have to worry about campaigning for the next term. Scarey.

Bottom line: we each get one vote

Old 10-20-2012, 04:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,236,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Really ..... and exactly what do you know about Communism????????
From your remark about as much as McCarthy or even less.
Obama is no where near Communist..... STOP watching FOX...... it can be brain numbing
I'm kidding, you are welcome to read my past comments on this site.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:13 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,856,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I'm kidding, you are welcome to read my past comments on this site.
Sorry if i read this wrong.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,856,326 times
Quote:
Didn't do what in his first term?
Obama got us out of the biggest financial mess we have been in since the great depression.
He did something that many Presidents have attempted but failed..... reformed health care.
He saved our Auto Industry.
He made paying women less than a male doing the same job illegal and got rid of the stupid time limit to take your boss to court.
He has turned the Economy around.
He has stopped the HUGE job losses and gained jobs virtually every month.
He has stemmed the huge foreclosures.
He has ended the War in Iraq
He has killed Bin Laden and many of the Top terrorists.
He has revived Wall Street
He has now got talks started with Iran to stop their nuclear threat.
He has cut taxes on small businesses
He has improved health care for our Vets.
He has set a strict deadline to get out of Iraq
He has pushed programmes to help people keep their houses.
He has given work permits to children born here from illegal parents so that they can use their American skills and Education here.
He has stopped Lobbyists getting free access to the Whitehouse
He has increased oil production here.
He has used the World to fight revolutions NOT just rush in alone to war.
There are more things the President has done in his first term....... Pretty good for 4 years and this is with complete blockade of bills by the Republican party.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:26 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,849,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
"Just trust us" doesn't cut it. We have a President who is more concerned about going on the View and David Letterman than he is about doing his job. Until his Libya wake-up call didn't even attend his security briefings but just read them on his iPad. How can you expect a part-time President to produce full-time results?

Over the past four years, debt has more than doubled, unemployment has skyrocketed and is only coming down gradually, and that is only because of fudging the numbers, we get nothing but dishonesty and cover-ups concerning national security (where is this transparency you promised us Obama?), and the only real achievement is this healthcare law that has made everybody's premiums go up.

Tell me, how will Obama's second term be any different from the first?
Watch him at other times. Nice to have a smart man in charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections