Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 03:20 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
She was well prepared. He knew she had the transcript because he asked for it. I wondered why no one caught that.

From the debate transcript:

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/16/163050988/transcript-obama-romney-2nd-presidential-debate
He was talking to Romney when he said get the transcript
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 03:22 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Romney stepped in it by simply being stupid

Blame the moderator, blame the incredible President Obama. But the fact is that President Obama was kicking Romney's lying arse in that debate. So rattled, Romney continued his nonsense ranting, and stepped in it. He continues to use his mouth to dig his political grave. No conspiracy. How absurd.

President Obama is simply superior in every way to that goon from the Right. Face the facts.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:23 PM

MR. ROMNEY: I — I — I want to make sure we get that for the record, because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Get the transcript.

President Obama's "get the transcript" was addressed to Romney and was a direct response to his previous statement. He was not talking to Crowley

Old 10-22-2012, 03:29 PM

For those wondering how she got the information "so fast" this is how much time she has. This is from when it first became an issue till when she revealed that he had called it a terrorist attack

Romney: It was a terrorist attack, and it took a long time for that to be told to the American people. Whether there was some misleading or instead whether we just didn't know what happened, I think you have to ask yourself why didn't we know five days later when the ambassador to the United Nations went on TV to say that this was a demonstration. How could of we not known?

But I find more troubling than this that on — on the day following the assassination of the United States ambassador — the first time that's happened since 1979 — when we have four Americans killed there, when apparently we didn't know what happened, that the president the day after that happened flies to Las Vegas for a political fundraiser, then the next day to Colorado for another event, another political event, I think these — these actions taken by a president and a leader have symbolic significance, and perhaps even material significance, in that you'd hoped that during that time we could call in the people who were actually eyewitnesses. We've read their accounts now about what happened. It was very clear this was not a demonstration. This was an attack by terrorists.

And this calls into question the president's whole policy in the Middle East. Look what's happening in Syria, in Egypt, now in Libya. Consider the distance between ourselves and Israel, where the president said that — that he was going to put daylight between us and Israel. We have Iran four years closer to a nuclear bomb. Syria — Syria's not just the tragedy of 30,000 civilians being killed by a military, but also a strategic — strategically significant player for America. The president's policies throughout the Middle East began with an apology tour and pursue a strategy of leading from behind, and this strategy is unraveling before our very eyes.

MS. CROWLEY: Because we're closing in, I want to still get a lot of people in. I want to ask you something, Mr. President, and then have the governor just quickly. Your secretary of state, as I'm sure you know, has said that she takes full responsibility for the attack on the diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

Does the buck stop with your secretary of state as far as what went on here?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Secretary Clinton has done an extraordinary job. But she works for me. I'm the president. And I'm always responsible. And that's why nobody is more interested in finding out exactly what happened than I did (sic).

The day after the attack, Governor, I stood in the Rose Garden, and I told the American people and the world that we are going to find out exactly what happened, that this was an act of terror. And I also said that we're going to hunt down those who committed this crime. And then a few days later, I was there greeting the caskets coming into Andrews Air Force Base and grieving with the families.

And the suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the secretary of state, our U.N. ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we've lost four of our own, Governor, is offensive. That's not what we do. That's not what I do as president. That's not what I do as commander in chief.

MS. CROWLEY: Governor, if you want to reply just quickly to this, please.

MR. ROMNEY: Yeah, I — I certainly do. I certainly do. I — I think it's interesting the president just said something which is that on the day after the attack, he went in the Rose Garden and said that this was an act of terror. You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack it was an act of terror. It was not a spontaneous demonstration.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Please proceed.

MR. ROMNEY: Is that what you're saying?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Please proceed, Governor.

MR. ROMNEY: I — I — I want to make sure we get that for the record, because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Get the transcript.

MS. CROWLEY: It — he did in fact, sir.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:33 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
If Obama KNEW it was a terrorist attack then why did he talk about that lame tape for 14 days? Now that is beyond stupid. That would be worse in my view to keep trying to attach it to a video and the guy who made it. You know they did arrest him and he is still in jail. Where is free speech rights anymore----oh that's right we have none under Obama.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:33 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
This is disgusting! Please click on the link, its a great article.

The Obama-Crowley Set-Up - By John Yoo - The Corner - National Review Online

Did the Obama campaign prep Candy Crowley?

Looking back at the debate, one thing I've heard mentioned is:

How did Candy Crowley know Obama's exact words from his Rose Garden speech?

Obama used the parsed words "Act of terror" in that speech. He later repeats that sentence during the debate.

Romney, thinking he caught Obama in an obvious lie, pounces.

But Crowley immediately comes to Obama's defense.

Reporter or not, how did she recall his exact wording?

Finally, people are beginning to realize something very dirty was taking place

here:The Obama-Crowley Set-Up - By John Yoo - The Corner - National Review Online

Also, I think it is all very odd, how Candy Crowley, just happens to have a copy of the transcript handy,
something that took place on Sept. 11/12???

Really?? Really??

Hey, and this is not about her being over weight, or having had plastic surgery on her face or any other physical attribute, this is about honesty, ethics, professional ethics.

I know they are hard to come by in our liberal dominated media, but this takes the cake!!!!

SHAME ON YOU CANDY CROWLEY, YOU ARE NOT A JOURNALIST,

and you definitely are NOT Moderator material!!!!!
The libs are shameless.

Liberalism, as it is a flawed philosophy, cannot withstand scrutiny and therefore requires excuses and rationalizations. Candy Crowley "covering" for Obama simpy reaffirms his guilt.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times
Lightbulb "TEAM OBAMA" is RIGHT! She was NOT supposed to show her obvious preference!!!SHAME on Candy Crowley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
At the very least it was obvious that Crowley was biased throughout the debate. She allowed Obama to interupt at will and silenced Romney for the same behavior.
LOL even my hard core dem coworkers joked about it. They thought it was amusing calling it Team Obama.
The Moderator is supposed to be neutral. Crowley assisted 1 candidate and to make it worse she did when it wasn't even Obama's turn to speak.

The entire time, I was in shock, to see how she did not allow Mr Romney to clarify what Obama had stated. She always cut him off in favor of Obama Yet, she gave Obama every chance to clarify & speak.
And when he did not want to elaborate on something (not in his best interest/LIBYA )
she was there for him as well. And at the end she gave Obama approx. 4 more minutes.

In every single debate the Moderator has given more time to Obama & Biden!

Team Obama was well rehearsed! For a sitting President to stoop down to such levels is deplorable!

Last edited by countrylv22; 10-22-2012 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Thanks for your post!:) CNN should FIRE Candy Crowley!How unprofessional! A lack of ETHICS!

Old 10-22-2012, 03:40 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
This is disgusting! Please click on the link, its a great article.

The Obama-Crowley Set-Up - By John Yoo - The Corner - National Review Online

Did the Obama campaign prep Candy Crowley?

Looking back at the debate, one thing I've heard mentioned is:

How did Candy Crowley know Obama's exact words from his Rose Garden speech?
It was only 3 words, and it's her job to know. I bet many news junkie knew.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:44 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
He was talking to Romney when he said get the transcript
He was not!!! Why would he tell that to Romney and point to Candy telling her to get the transcript and Candy pulls it out?

I gather you didn't SEE the debate.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:49 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Everything the obama people do is crooked and illegal, but it doesn't matter, the communist is finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections