Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 10:39 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,906,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
What a load of crap. Only far left loons think like this.
I think it's genius that in two short sentences you were able to clearly illustrate precisely what the OP was implicating. Well-done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,230,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
What has been really upsetting to me this election cycle has been the overt insults from the white right toward everyone else. The dependent classes, the takers vs. the makers, the 47%, government aparach etc. I don't recall Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, George W. Bush or Reagan or Bush I being so divisive, and showing such transparent contempt for large swaths of the population. Despite what I thought of his flawed foreign and economic policies, I never felt that W was racist or sexist. He seemed to like most people.

This election cycle, it is as if there are supposedly the good Americans and the bad Americans. I recall Sarah Palin playing this game in 2008, and I did not like it then. I am a hardworking, rural, white, christian, straight guy, but I really don't see myself as more American than a gay, Vietnamese, urban woman. I just don't care for this view of America, but judging by the Romney vs. Obama voters, it is as if the Repubs are very, very white, and the Dems are everyone else. I am having hard time seeing how the GOP has embraced a John Birch Society type platform in 2012.

Where did this new narrative come from, and whose idea was it? I cannot see it being a smart or very civil strategy over the long term.
LOl i thought there was a forum for joke for material like this.Thanks for the great joke

Old 10-30-2012, 11:01 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,682,566 times
Sarah Palin started it? Is that the new mantra? It's not Bush's fault any longer?

OK, then.

Nobody in my lifetime has shown as much divisiveness as 0bama Hussein 0bama.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
If you are a moderate, at this time it would be easier to get the Democratic party to move to your position then the GOP position. Truth be told both have dug in very hard to their extreme positions, but the GOP has been very dedicated to their current extreme shift of late, taking the top prize.
If you are a moderate Republican you are no longer welcome in your party. Many of them will be voting for Obama--we've seen that reflected on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
I don't see the GOP shift as sustainable and within a decade will self-correct.
It won't take that long. Shifting demographics will doom the Republican party if it remains in the control of the far right, probably by the next presidential election cycle. That said, if Romney loses, I don't think the coalition that is today's GOP will hold. It will be interesting to watch what kind of party emerges from the wreckage.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times
It was Obama who attacked business owners. It was Obama who attacked people who are successful. It was Obama who spend millions to demonize the Romney with false BS. And really, using the kids to make a video to "blame it on the parents"... that is low. Comparing your first time (sex) to voting for Obama. The campaign from the left is sick.

Now that the right, the people who already pay tons in taxes and don't want a government takeover, people who don't want to pay your way are fighting back. If you want a better life, don't depend on the government to steal money from other people to give to you. How about depending and taking responsibility for yourself.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:13 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
I dont like what either party has become. All or nothing, my way or the highway mentality. They both suck.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:14 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,769,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Sarah Palin started it? Is that the new mantra? It's not Bush's fault any longer?

OK, then.

Nobody in my lifetime has shown as much divisiveness as 0bama Hussein 0bama.

I won't blame this attitude on Sarah, though she did have the wink and and smile to say, she was a real American, and those other folks...are not. She just portrayed the part so well. It is not really the feelings towards Obama that I find troubling. That comes with the territory, but the contempt for large swaths of our society by the new right. For instance, scientists, civil servants, educators, minorities, women, young people,etc. seem to be insulted daily here as liars and miscreants. It is not like we have ever been without government employees, technocrats, intellectuals, minorities, and the infirm and indigent. Yet, the white businessmen is apparently the only real American these days, and the wealthy "job creators" should be counted on to run society with minimum interference. This seems like a throwback to the 1870s.

Just goofy.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,682,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
If you are a moderate Republican you are no longer welcome in your party. Many of them will be voting for Obama--we've seen that reflected on this board.

You're hallucinating. I've seen several say they voted for 0bama but will now vote for Romney. I don't believe I've seen a single Republican say they're voting for 0bama. Maybe I just missed it.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:18 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You're hallucinating. I've seen several say they voted for 0bama but will now vote for Romney. I don't believe I've seen a single Republican say they're voting for 0bama. Maybe I just missed it.
Either that or you ignored it because it didn't fit your narrative.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times
Get your fingers out of other peoples pockets, now because he couldn't do his job "everyone" will pay higher taxes. People who work pay enough taxes, stop putting your hands in other peoples pockets and we might listen to what he has to say. Nuff said.

Speaking of, Obama missed 60% of all his intel briefings, see what happens when the prez does not do his job. Maybe Obama should have stayed in Washington and went to his intel briefing after the Benghazi attack.

You could say, yes, I want a real president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections