Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,880 times

Advertisements

and the answer came back: You're no longer invited. Its a private party now.

Fox obviously stacked the crowd last night with war supporters as you could hear boos when Ron Paul spoke. The crowds watching at home were not fooled though, Paul won the debate poll handily, with once again Hannity going insane because the poll results were not what he wanted.

I will give Fox credit for at least being fair enough not to rig the poll and report fake results. All I can say is Hannity is a moron, and its not his job at the debates to trash talk the people he interviews, he is supposed to ask them questions in a professional manner. But professionalism goes out the window when an anti-war candidate ruffles the feathers of InSannity.

Ron Paul Wins Another GOP Fox Debate - Hannity Denies It - Free Market News Network
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 06:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
I, as a citizen of mostly liberal social persuasion, regret the loss of a decent, respectable and fiscally conservative GOP. The neocons that hijacked that party and them the country are just ill disguised thieves, warmongers and would be tyrants.

Would the remaining thoughtful fiscal conservatives and constitutionalists please recover party so we can have a rational debate over just where our country is, where it is going and how it will get there.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Well; I am a Republican-------in the Theodore Roosevelt vein.

And; this is will likely enrage many here but I do not care; Bill Clinton was a better Republican in my eyes than George W. Bush.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:51 AM

34 posts, read 59,246 times
I hate both parties (so registered as a independent) but I loved Bill Clinton. (also loved Hillary at that time but now w/her horrible issues I would never even give her sorry self or her sorry supports even a thought of a vote)

These GOP puppets they throw in our faces are terrible. Another Bush in different clothes

And the only Dem I would even "somewhat" put a vote towards is Obama and that is not saying anything

RON PAUL 2008

Old 10-22-2007, 08:27 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,155 times
Agreed. This is NOT the party of Reagan or Goldwater. I used to be a card carrying member of the GOP now Iam unenrolled

Old 10-22-2007, 09:29 AM

791 posts, read 2,222,589 times
How do you people get to be 'registered Reps' (or Dems for that matter) or card carrying party members? In Texas, we just register to vote and can vote in any election we choose. Should we vote in a party primary, we do get our cards stamped as having voted in that primary so if there's a run off we can't switch to vote in the other parties primary. But aside from that, we're just 'registered voters'.

There's no real party affiliation, unless of course you want to get involved with one particular slime or the other.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:11 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,263 times
Well it seems obvious by many of these post so far that the Republican party of old is not the Republican party of today. I too was once a staunch Republican and have always held Libertarian leanings, a "Taft Republican" one might say. I left the party back at the end of 2001, as it has become a different party than the one I grew up knowing.

Under the current administration the Federal government has expanded more than it ever has since FDR, it has decided to borrow from future generations to the point where our dollar isn't worth a peso. Our military is being used as a tool of a failed foreign policy and is barely able to preform its primary function which is to DEFEND the United States. The party has been saturated with immorality with the likes of Vitter, Craig, and I charge even Bush and Cheney themselves. The party no longer exudes an air of confidence that Ike and Reagan once shown, but now it panders to fear.

I think if nothing else the Ron Paul campaign has shown that many Americans from all walks gravitate towards the more traditional aspects of the former GOP. The views of Taft, Teddy Roosevelt, Ike, Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan are views that many people can relate and respect even if they don't agree with them in whole. What we have today is an infection by a parasitic group that are gutting the GOP into an ineffective and unelectable party.

I only hope the party returns to its roots before Jenna and Chelsea are old enough to run.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:54 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I only hope the party returns to its roots before Jenna and Chelsea are old enough to run.
8 years of Hillary would put Chelsea and Jenna very close to running age.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:12 PM

34 posts, read 59,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
How do you people get to be 'registered Reps' (or Dems for that matter) or card carrying party members? In Texas, we just register to vote and can vote in any election we choose. Should we vote in a party primary, we do get our cards stamped as having voted in that primary so if there's a run off we can't switch to vote in the other parties primary. But aside from that, we're just 'registered voters'.

There's no real party affiliation, unless of course you want to get involved with one particular slime or the other.

Some states are nonpartisan states.

I live in one. I am not registered as either puppet party but non partisan (meaning I have no party affiliation) so I can vote for any party I so wish to.

This election I am voting Republican solely for Ron Paul.

Other elections I voted Dem (Clinton and Kerry) Not once did I cast a vote for either Bush (I at least don't have that stigma on my hands)

Old 10-22-2007, 12:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamrs View Post
I hate both parties (so registered as a independent) but I loved Bill Clinton. (also loved Hillary at that time but now w/her horrible issues I would never even give her sorry self or her sorry supports even a thought of a vote)
At least Bill was good at hiding left wing ideals.. Hillary.. she's proud of them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections