Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:50 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times

Advertisements

So far I here people voting for certain candidates based on their war stance. But what happens after? What are your reasons beyond the war for supporting your candidate? Immigration, taxes, health care ,economy and more social issues. Please tell me what is important to you after the war and why you support your candidate on the issues above, because face it life will go on here in American when the war is over. I am trying to understand why these front runners are so popular. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 04:23 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,045 times
After the war ... I want a government that's fiscally responsible and respects the Constitution, and doesn't think every problem is solved by creating a new program and throwing money at it.

That's why Paul is my guy.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:41 AM

So far only one person has thought beyond the war, scary.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:47 AM

791 posts, read 2,223,548 times
Can you give more info, such as when do you anticipate the 'end of the war', how will you know it's ended, what if a U.S. Embassy gets bombed afterwards, or another Navy vessel, or some U.S. citizens kidnapped by an Islamo-Fascist demanding the resignation of Hillary?

I'd really like for you to define that 'end of the war' before I go stepping in the doo. Unless you're a looney liberal leftist, in which case no further info required.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,428 times
Illegal immigration, H1b visas, outsourcing, free trade. Any issue that directly effects the American workers pay. And I get sick of hearing about bogus unemployment numbers, job growth and a growing economy, a thriving stock market and all this nebulous crap that means nothing to a man trying to put food on the table.

I want good paying jobs and living wages for everyone.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:58 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,393,049 times
Believe it or not, my support for several of the Democrats in this race has nothing to do with the war. Both parties are culpable, as far as the war's concerned.

I actually believe in social programs, healthcare, education... and even believe in taxes to pay for those things! (Though I do think we need to trim a lot of fat in the gov't). I don't believe that privitization is the answer to everything. I, too, believe in the Constitution. I believe in Habeas Corpus. I believe in fostering international relationships and cooperation. I believe in reducing the level of constant fear that pervades our nation.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
Can you give more info, such as when do you anticipate the 'end of the war', how will you know it's ended, what if a U.S. Embassy gets bombed afterwards, or another Navy vessel, or some U.S. citizens kidnapped by an Islamo-Fascist demanding the resignation of Hillary?

I'd really like for you to define that 'end of the war' before I go stepping in the doo. Unless you're a looney liberal leftist, in which case no further info required.
So you feel the war will go on forever? Cant you just answer the question?Why are you voting for your candidate, other than war stance. No I am not a liberal looney.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Believe it or not, my support for several of the Democrats in this race has nothing to do with the war. Both parties are culpable, as far as the war's concerned.

I actually believe in social programs, healthcare, education... and even believe in taxes to pay for those things! (Though I do think we need to trim a lot of fat in the gov't). I don't believe that privitization is the answer to everything. I, too, believe in the Constitution. I believe in Habeas Corpus. I believe in fostering international relationships and cooperation. I believe in reducing the level of constant fear that pervades our nation.
Thanks for the answer, who are you supporting right now?

Old 11-03-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Illegal immigration, H1b visas, outsourcing, free trade. Any issue that directly effects the American workers pay. And I get sick of hearing about bogus unemployment numbers, job growth and a growing economy, a thriving stock market and all this nebulous crap that means nothing to a man trying to put food on the table.

I want good paying jobs and living wages for everyone.
So who are you supporting? Me so far Ron Paul. But I am open to a few others as well.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:53 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,393,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Thanks for the answer, who are you supporting right now?
I like Barack Obama and John Edwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections