Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 09:57 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times

Advertisements

If he makes it out of the primary as he is now, I will DEFINITELY consider voting for him.

He is similar to what John McCain was 15 years ago. You know, before he lost his mind, decided Sarah Palin was fit to be president on Day One, and decided we should go to war in every Middle Eastern country that has an uprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 09:59 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
It matters little who is President- the committee will always have their way with the citizens no matter what front person is installed. Your system is what it is and there is no hope for any relevant change.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:09 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Your system is what it is and there is no hope for any relevant change.
So why would you POSSIBLY want to waste your time on a forum dedicated to our elections?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:31 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
So why would you POSSIBLY want to waste your time on a forum dedicated to our elections?
Canadians are perfect in every way. Haven't you heard?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default The Republican ideology is the problem for Christie

I'm an Independent. What is so damn repulsive is the IDEOLOGY of the GOP. You can change the face of it, but the ideology reeks. IT REEKS! Christie is going to have to do a helluva lot more than he's doing now to convince me not to dismiss him and his party so quickly.

Because President Obama beat the hell out of Republicans in the last election, and in the election before that, suddenly people like Christie are coming forth with their tails between their legs, trying to appear more palatable. His party is still the party of Bush, still supporting the rights of the rich to the detriment of everyone else, still the part of the most racist and racially insensitive people in this country, still the party that doesn't know how to run an economy, still the party that turns surpluses into record deficits, still the party of warmongers, still the party of rejects like Ryan, Walker, Boehner, McConnell, Hannity, Beck, Trump, Limbaugh, Coulter, Palin, Romney, Bachmann, Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, Trent Lott, Dubya, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Brewer. Still the party that pretends racism no longer exists while practicing it as a matter of course. Still the party of obstructionists in Congress.

Christie doesn't get my vote because the party he represents is absolutely pathetic and a detriment to the well-being of this society. No.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:02 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I'm an Independent. What is so damn repulsive is the IDEOLOGY of the GOP. You can change the face of it, but the ideology reeks. IT REEKS! Christie is going to have to do a helluva lot more than he's doing now to convince me not to dismiss him and his party so quickly.

Because President Obama beat the hell out of Republicans in the last election, and in the election before that, suddenly people like Christie are coming forth with their tails between their legs, trying to appear more palatable. His party is still the party of Bush, still supporting the rights of the rich to the detriment of everyone else, still the part of the most racist and racially insensitive people in this country, still the party that doesn't know how to run an economy, still the party that turns surpluses into record deficits, still the party of warmongers, still the party of rejects like Ryan, Walker, Boehner, McConnell, Hannity, Beck, Trump, Limbaugh, Coulter, Palin, Romney, Bachmann, Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, Trent Lott, Dubya, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Brewer. Still the party that pretends racism no longer exists while practicing it as a matter of course. Still the party of obstructionists in Congress.

Christie doesn't get my vote because the party he represents is absolutely pathetic and a detriment to the well-being of this society. No.
If he switched party affiliation, I might vote for him, but I won't vote for a GOP member either, simply because they've embraced too many whack jobs. If the GOP sheds some of their baggage, they might be relevant and appeal to the masses, but I would need to see proof that they have and are shedding dead weight.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:55 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Well, this might be more bad news for the GOP, and Christie too, paling around with democrats.

Christie crosses the aisle again at Clinton confab - First Read

Old 06-15-2013, 05:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
After 2001 I swore that as long as I walked upon the earth I would never ever again entertain the idea of voting for a Republican for any national office. And while I'm certainly not sure that I would vote for one in 2016 depending on the make up of the Congress, I do believe that I might be able to suffer a Chris Christie presidency or even vote for him... although if he is running against the usual batch of Republican idiots I would certainly work damned hard for him to win the nomination.

What say you folks.
who is he running against? I didn't realize he or anyone else has entered the race on either side!! And isn't it wonderful to be so patrician that you admit you would not vote for the other side. Wow!! But it isn't just you, I am amazed at how many on the left feel this way, they would vote for anyone with a D next to their name, and never vote for an R, even if that person held all the same views or maybe the left doesn't really have views, they only look at the party name!!!!.

Now will he even get the nomination, right now it is a toss up. He has a couple of seriously drawbacks but is very popular in other ways. This has been discussed on this forum a million times and will continue to be discussed. OF the his mannerisms, might be his biggest drawback. The weight issue unless he really does get it under control is another and yes, thinks like his stand on gun control might hurt him, but he also really liked by a lot of people, including some of the Republican insiders. I don't think things like his reaction after Sandy are going to hurt him in the long run.

Last edited by nmnita; 06-15-2013 at 05:22 AM..

Old 06-15-2013, 05:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

You are no more an independent than I am. I don't care how you are registered!!!!!!!

Old 06-15-2013, 05:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Being a Liberal i wouldnt vote for Christie as we have some ideological differences politically speaking but that said if he did succeed in becoming the President i could live with those differences i have with him a whole lot easier than i could live with a representative of the tea party.
Christie is what they used to call a moderate something todays right no longer identifies with, Todays right is all about the teachings of Limbaugh,Beck and FOX. extremism,hate and intolerance rules the roost in todays Republican party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections