Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:23 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,335,837 times

Advertisements

Votes received

From New Hampshire:
Paul-18,303; Rudy- 20,395; Fred- 2,886

From Iowa:
Paul-11,817; Rudy-4,097; Fred-15,904

From Michigan: (so far...)
Paul-37,512; Rudy- 16,544; Fred-21,686

Questions: 1) Why does the media still talk about Rudy and Fred?
2)Why does the media ignore Ron? 3)Shouldn't the media ignore all 3 or none at all? Anyone home??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 08:42 PM

522 posts, read 964,409 times
I was just about to suggest that as well, you know as well as I do ,that there ought to be a NEW advertisement for the media...

"BOUGHT AND PAID FOR NIGHTLY NEWS"

or

"WHOS who ON FIRST"

I also see what you are saying and it is annoying, yet , they have their own agenda.
It is truly sad to see it too.

I guess it's talk radio, then we can have a voice.

Hmmmm, maybe I should start a newspaper!!!

Old 01-15-2008, 08:43 PM

9,895 posts, read 10,839,925 times
Look , it is no secret that Ron Paul garners a lot of votes from independents and democrats, we all know how believable polls are. At the end of the day it will be republicans that nominate the republican nominee, when we get past florida and get to super tuesday you will see Romney Thompson and Guliani rise and McCain, Huckabee and probably Paul drop. If Paul is in the top four after super tuesday people may start talking about him. Right now he is an anomoly!

Old 01-15-2008, 08:57 PM

80 posts, read 41,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Look , it is no secret that Ron Paul garners a lot of votes from independents and democrats, we all know how believable polls are. At the end of the day it will be republicans that nominate the republican nominee, when we get past florida and get to super tuesday you will see Romney Thompson and Guliani rise and McCain, Huckabee and probably Paul drop. If Paul is in the top four after super tuesday people may start talking about him. Right now he is an anomoly!
He is an anomaly only to those who use words like "Freedom!" casually under their names.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:00 PM

522 posts, read 964,409 times
Default agreed , anomoly, yet, he needs more exposure.

Quote:

Silas777,
I see your point, I have been going out and talking to people everywhere I can, the thing is they STILL havn't heard of him, do not know who he is, and some of them have absolutely no idea of what he stands for.

That IS the problem, if I could do anything for this country it would be to educate as many people as I could in a very short period of time!!

I would first tell them the voting record of every candidate, including those that voted for NAFTA , the Patriot Act, and alll the other travesties.

RON PAUL IS AN HONEST MAN.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,905,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Votes received

From New Hampshire:
Paul-18,303; Rudy- 20,395; Fred- 2,886

From Iowa:
Paul-11,817; Rudy-4,097; Fred-15,904

From Michigan: (so far...)
Paul-37,512; Rudy- 16,544; Fred-21,686

Questions: 1) Why does the media still talk about Rudy and Fred?
2)Why does the media ignore Ron? 3)Shouldn't the media ignore all 3 or none at all? Anyone home??
Because the media knows Ron Paul Can't win

Old 01-15-2008, 09:37 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,544,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
You mean Doesn't want Ron Paul to win? If they were informing the public of his actual ideas, he would be far ahead of where he is. Though with all the money he has left, he seems to be in a good position. 3 winners, 3 states (basically).

Old 01-15-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Oh, and Rudy and Fred CAN? Come on. No.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
The numbers I posted aren't POLLS, they're the actual numbers received in the elections. By virtue of those numbers, the press should be covering Ron, discussing his positions, comparing his ideas to the other candidates. Instead, the press is IGNORING him...and covering the two losers named Rudy and Fred. Why? I guess the TinFoilers aren't so loony after all. The establishment IS against him because Ron REALLY stands for freeedom

Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,896,235 times
Quite strange that Giuliani is a 'serious candidate' when he is failing so miserably.

Even stranger that anyone considers him conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections