Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think christie has a chance in a 2016
I think he has no chance of being nominated, or winning a general 23 31.51%
He has a good chance in the general, but he'll never get the nomination 29 39.73%
he'll get the nomination, but he'll lose big in a general 8 10.96%
Hillary will be our next potus regardless of who runs. The Media will make sure it happens. 13 17.81%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Ann Coulter said:

Christie was the only Republican who could beat Obama. We'll never know.

No Congressman, former ran or businessman can win.

Implied Rand Paul and Marco Rubio are too short to ever become President.

No to Christie going forward unless he changes his position on amnesty ( Coulter's thing)

Ann Coulter: Rand Paul is too short to run for President in 2016 - YouTube
She just said the other night on Hannity, saw a clip, that her love affair with Christie is over after his pro-amnesty stance. She'll back him again if he wins the primary, which I doubt he will pull that off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 05:40 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
Chris Christie has just signed TEN gun control laws for New Jersey.

Does that sound like someone who the Republicans are going to nominate?

Old 08-09-2013, 05:51 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I think many would agree that Christie is probably the GOP's best chance in a general, but his biggest hurdle will be winning his own party. What is your opinion
Christie is pro gun control and therefore dead meat in the GOP primaries. Romney was able to flip flop from his anti-gun past and get away with it, but I don't think Christie could pull the same trick, and probably wouldn't even bother to try anyway.

There are too many rising star tea partiers like Rubio, Paul, Cruz, Jindal etc. for Christie to have a chance in 2016. 2012 was a different race with a weak field, and one 'not Romney' after another. If Christie runs in 2016, it will be as a Democrat.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Christie is pro gun control and therefore dead meat in the GOP primaries. Romney was able to flip flop from his anti-gun past and get away with it, but I don't think Christie could pull the same trick, and probably wouldn't even bother to try anyway.

There are too many rising star tea partiers like Rubio, Paul, Cruz, Jindal etc. for Christie to have a chance in 2016. 2012 was a different race with a weak field, and one 'not Romney' after another. If Christie runs in 2016, it will be as a Democrat.
I'd still vote for Demo-Christie over Hillary.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:45 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
I think many would agree that Christie is probably the GOP's best chance in a general, but his biggest hurdle will be winning his own party. What is your opinion
His biggest hurdle is the overwhelming media bias, even salmon don't have as much current to fight.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,712,431 times
Quote:
Oh God, I hope not. I hope that fat piece of worm filth has a heart attack before he every even gets close to winning a single primary. He is pure scum.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:19 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Not much of a chance. Despite being a center-right conservative he isn't far enough right for the base to win a Primary. In order for him to win a primary he would need to move hard right like Romney did and that will turn off the middle as it did with Romney.
I wouldn't compare Christie with Romney. They are two very different politicians with very different backgrounds.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

Rand Paul, with Ted Cruz as his campaign manager.
Cristie lost the Conservatives and independents with his I love Obama speech.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:49 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Rand Paul, with Ted Cruz as his campaign manager.
Cristie lost the Conservatives and independents with his I love Obama speech.
A good number yes but he did what was right for his state. His state needed the federal aide. The same aide that the right considered "pork"...

Old 08-10-2013, 12:06 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
I wouldn't compare Christie with Romney. They are two very different politicians with very different backgrounds.
They have different backgrounds and styles, I wasn't comparing the two of them on that. I was comparing the problems with the base during a Primary. Romney had to shift right for the Primary, and he lost the middle in the General as a result. Christie is likely going to have to do the same thing in order to win a Primary. He is going to have to move right, and that will likely turn off to those in the middle that he currently appeals to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections