Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
As I said, you don't know anything about Ted Cruz.

Like I told you, let's just watch Rafael's political career unfold and see which path he follows; office holder or media mouthpiece. Because it's obvious right now which way he's going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 09:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Like I told you, let's just watch Rafael's political career unfold and see which path he follows; office holder or media mouthpiece. Because it's obvious right now which way he's going.

The media has a choice. The gate keepers control the gate.
Look how they put Romney up on a pedestal with 50% more coverage than anyone else.
Remember the most popular guy in the running, only got 84 seconds in a debate. With the media doing someone elses bidding for them.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:10 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
As a Democrat those are two I wouldn't want to run against. Jeb would probably be tripped up by his last name, but he definitely would appeal to a larger audience as compared to Paul or Cruz. Christie would have a good shot at beating Hillary.
Christie has too much of a big mouth and temper. He wouldn't do well running against a woman in an ultra stressful Presidential race. When's the last time that this country elected a northeastern Republican?

Old 10-04-2013, 08:07 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,905,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Christie has too much of a big mouth and temper. He wouldn't do well running against a woman in an ultra stressful Presidential race. When's the last time that this country elected a northeastern Republican?
Actually that's what I like about him, a refreshing change from the political hacks we have now that spout what ever their handlers stick in front of them to appease both their base and source of financial contributions.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The media has a choice. The gate keepers control the gate.
Look how they put Romney up on a pedestal with 50% more coverage than anyone else.
Remember the most popular guy in the running, only got 84 seconds in a debate. With the media doing someone elses bidding for them.

The most popular guy won re-election by 5 million votes.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:47 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Oh, is it? Are you clairvoyant?
He isn't exactly new to politics. I think he's going to have a long career.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:51 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Especially when you read his history. What interests me are his debating awards but in addition to his law background, he also has executive experience.

"Referring to Cruz's time as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, 'Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant.'"
I agree.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Cruz accomplished much with his 21 hour filibuster, even if he didn't achieve his objective. And, we now learn that House Republicans (conservatives) who are weary of John Boehner's lame leadership have reached out to Ted Cruz and Mike Lee for advice.

Most people didn't understand the strategy behind his actions last week, least of all the liberal 'smear squad', but for those of us who do (it was really brilliant, and heroic), he has earned our esteem as a leader.

I think the Democrats are making a huge error when they dismiss him as a fool, and expect the Republicans will be hurt by his actions.

On the other hand, maybe they are really afraid of him, which would explain the attempts to smear him as irrelevant? That is their usual tactic with powerful conservative leaders.

The Democrats are in a battle for their own political lives, as more and more Americans learn the truth about the Progressive Movement, which really began with Woodrow Wilson. We (conservatives) thought we had defeated that movement many years ago, but it re-emerged (the 60's generation of liberals) to once again attempt a transformation of America. That is what we are fighting today.

The Progressives do not believe in the Constitution. They do not like a government such as ours, which was intentionally designed to be inefficient. It was designed to prevent "substantial change" (as one writer put it), that might not be in the interest of the preservation of liberty and protection of the rights of a free people.
Oh no~ I agree with you that it was brilliant ~ for Cruz to get his name out there.

However, extreme candidates on either side don't usually win Presidencies.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, the tea party darling who staged an unsuccessful 21-hour-long quasi-filibuster this week opposing government funding for The Affordable Care Act, has emerged as Republican voters' top pick for the 2016 presidential nomination, according to a poll released Friday. The Public Policy Polling survey found that 20 per cent of Republicans favor Cruz, followed by 17 per cent for Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, 14 per cent for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, 11 per cent for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, and 10 per cent each for Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan."

Ted Cruz tops GOP presidential poll, following Senate stand against Obamacare funding | Mail Online

The very big libs in the Republican Party support Christie. We trust Cruz way more than McCain, McConnell or Boehner.

Note that PPP is the Democrat pollster.
SMH...as much as i have so little use for the Republican Party, i marvel at how short sighted and myopic you guys continue to be. This country needs a strong Republican Party that can win presidential elections. If you guys can't produce a moderate GOP candidate with crossover appeal to Democrats, then the Democrats will neglect to be moderate themselves.

Ted Cruz as the nomineee is disastrous. I just don't get how you guys don't see it.
Quote:
I would love to see a Hilary / Cruz match-up and debates on the issues and non-issues.
Cruz already has had Hilary's number a few times.
I don't see, "I have an excuse" Hilary, holding a candle to the Constitutional intellect of Ted Cruz.
Somehow, you seem to be forgetting that she's a lawyer too that also went to some of the best schools in the country. If her intellect is second rate, she wouldn't be where she is today.

Cruz has NEVER had her number, nor will he ever have it. He'll be a pesky challenger and that's the extent of it.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
We have tried the Progressive Republican for two cycles now.

With the media gate keepers no longer able to control all the information they want the public to see and here, you have a split in the republican party, to actually get rid of the lesser of two evils perspective.
Where no matter which party you vote for, you get the same NWO, trash the Constitution administration.

Here comes Ron Paul and the internet... the rest will be working off the ground work he laid out for the return to normalcy in this nation where men(and women) are free to do as they please without all the interventionism that takes freedom in a handful at a time, just to compromise the Constitution.
People are waking up and listening. Ted Cruz... Ron's son Rand, Mike Lee, Jason Chaffetz and a few more, are just the beginning of the move to actually hope for a change in the direction this nation has taken since WW-I
You've tried moderate Republicans that quickly moved as far to the right as reasonably possible in order to keep the base happy. Hell, Mitt Romney wouldn't even stick up for his own health care plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections