Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:13 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton is an intelligent woman, to be sure, but she is also a liar (recall the corkscrew landing?), devoid of charm, and carrying all the baggage of her husband. And many of us have serious ethical conflicts with the same family in the White House for 16 years. I clearly remember Bill saying you get two for the price of one in 1992, so this would be double-dipping. Why do democrats keep putting her up as the only option?

If we have Hillary at the top of the ticket, a number of people, like myself, will either stay home, or write in an alternative.

Why are the party gurus so blind to this sentiment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 11:17 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Hillary Clinton is an intelligent woman, to be sure, but she is also a liar (recall the corkscrew landing?), devoid of charm, and carrying all the baggage of her husband. And many of us have serious ethical conflicts with the same family in the White House for 16 years. I clearly remember Bill saying you get two for the price of one in 1992, so this would be double-dipping. Why do democrats keep putting her up as the only option?

If we have Hillary at the top of the ticket, a number of people, like myself, will either stay home, or write in an alternative.

Mommy issues.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:24 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
It is the pwogs obsession with 'firsts'. While I am not saying any party's candidates have been sterling over the past 20 or so years, I am saying there does seem to be a preternatural obsession with 'firsts', beyond any reason, within the progressive movement. First for the sake of being first.

Tis part of the celebrity and reality culture that has replaced sober thought and faith-based principles. This replacement of traditional society has spawned Snooky, the Kardashians, Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo, rapper and hip hop, twerking, among others.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:07 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
It is the pwogs obsession with 'firsts'. While I am not saying any party's candidates have been sterling over the past 20 or so years, I am saying there does seem to be a preternatural obsession with 'firsts', beyond any reason, within the progressive movement. First for the sake of being first.

Tis part of the celebrity and reality culture that has replaced sober thought and faith-based principles. This replacement of traditional society has spawned Snooky, the Kardashians, Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo, rapper and hip hop, twerking, among others.
Well lets hope Hillary does not start any twerking I can see that on MTV with their idiot crowd.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:33 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
She would be soooooo, cool. The first twerking woman president. Reason enough for my vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Well lets hope Hillary does not start any twerking I can see that on MTV with their idiot crowd.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Now why did you have to put THAT image in my head....!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:04 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:

I doubt many Democrats will sit out if Hillary is the nominee. As of right now she is dominating opinion polls, that said though a lot can change until the first votes in Iowa are cast.

Hillary won't have any trouble keeping Obama's coalition together and she will expand that coalition with women voters and white working class voters. That's why "party gurus" think she would be a smart choice as the Democratic nominee.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I doubt many Democrats will sit out if Hillary is the nominee. As of right now she is dominating opinion polls, that said though a lot can change until the first votes in Iowa are cast.

Hillary won't have any trouble keeping Obama's coalition together and she will expand that coalition with women voters and white working class voters. That's why "party gurus" think she would be a smart choice as the Democratic nominee.
The party gurus are wrong, IMO. They are drinking their own kool aid. America needs fresh blood. I don't want to see a Clinton or a Bush in the Oval Office for the rest of my days. We have 300 million people in this country, we don't need to recycle politicians. These are just my opinions, but I suspect I am not the only one who holds them. To quote Bill Clinton, Democrats don't fall in line, they fall in love. I think Hillary Clinton would be the Romney of the left. A seemingly practical choice, but voters would lack conviction.

I would love to see a woman president, but I think it will be a moderate republican.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:15 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Quote:
Now why did you have to put THAT image in my head....!
And then Michelle Obama booty popping
AWWW YEeaAHHH!

Demo-CRUNK!!!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:24 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
The party gurus are wrong, IMO. They are drinking their own kool aid. America needs fresh blood. I don't want to see a Clinton or a Bush in the Oval Office for the rest of my days. We have 300 million people in this country, we don't need to recycle politicians. These are just my opinions, but I suspect I am not the only one who holds them. To quote Bill Clinton, Democrats don't fall in line, they fall in love. I think Hillary Clinton would be the Romney of the left. A seemingly practical choice, but voters would lack conviction.

I would love to see a woman president, but I think it will be a moderate republican.
I fail to see how Hillary is the "Romney of the left." Romney had to disavow just about everything he did or said as Massachusetts' governor. Hillary is comfortable running nationally as a Democrat. Romney wasn't comfortable running nationally as a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections