Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 12:41 PM

640 posts, read 461,608 times

Advertisements

FOX NEWS just announced that Jerry Falwell, Jr. and Liberty University are endorsing MIKE HUCKABEE.....

FOXNews.com - Jerry Falwell Jr. Endorses Mike Huckabee for President, Echoes Late Father's Support - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Last edited by Sooner_Nation_60; 11-28-2007 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: I can't spell today :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 12:45 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
I just don't really think endorsements mean much these days. Oprah has a HUGE following, yet her endorsement of Obama did very little for him.

The only endorsement that could possibly benefit Huckabee is Chuch Norris, because he could round house kick the primaries into giving Huckabee the win.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:58 PM

I would never look to a celebrity or Oprah for an endorsement. I think it's different coming from a conservative religious figure. I feel it's huge, but we'll just have to wait and see....

Old 11-28-2007, 01:01 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
I would never look to a celebrity or Oprah for an endorsement. I think it's different coming from a conservative religious figure. I feel it's huge, but we'll just have to wait and see....
Don't underestimate the estrogen flowing when women watch Oprah. And I don't mean that negatively. She has a VERY strong influence on women who watch her show, and is the most watched female on TV ever. Her opinions, like 'em or not, tend to be very influential.

Besides, Pat Roberston already endorsed Rudy and it didn't do much at all for him so far. The Christian vote will be more split this election that ever before.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:03 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
I agree SN. Oprah's endorsement is quite different.

Most conservative Christian I know are already rallying around Mike.

The only problem with it is that it puts a target on him. The left will, if they act true to type, probably mount some type of attack.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Don't underestimate the estrogen flowing when women watch Oprah. And I don't mean that negatively. She has a VERY strong influence on women who watch her show, and is the most watched female on TV ever. Her opinions, like 'em or not, tend to be very influential.

Besides, Pat Roberston already endorsed Rudy and it didn't do much at all for him so far. The Christian vote will be more split this election that ever before.
With Rudy it's different, in my opinion. He is for abortion and for gay marriage which sealed his fate with a large percentage of the Christian vote. The fact that Pat Robertson endorsed him was irrelevant.

Huckabee is the candidate the right is gravitating to because of Rudy's policies. Today's endorsement by a huge figure/organization like Falwell's is a big thing to Christians. With his name getting out there more and more, he's picking up steam. Today's numbers out of Iowa show him 3-4 points ahead of Romney. Rudy comes in at 12%. I think Huckabee is very electable ~ even without Oprah....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections