Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 01:35 PM

329 posts, read 433,687 times

Advertisements

I would prefer Warren politically but Hillary will be the most formidable candidate and, after all, beating the Republican Machine is the most important thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 03:14 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,783,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So serious question here. If you had to choose between voting for Hillary Clinton, or Senator Warren, which would it be?

(And no Republicans, this is a either or, not a "I choose neither, I would rather [insert horrbile thing here]". Pick one or the other, and say why.
if these were the choices offered, I would either buy a boat, or dig a hole.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:31 PM

993 posts, read 1,567,560 times
Are you talking about primaries? If this is a general race hypothetical, than what a hideous choice. They're both way too divisive to be president and represent our nation. That said, if I had to choose I'd hold my nose and vote for Clinton.

Is Cuomo no longer a name being thrown out there for the 2016 Democratic primaries?

Old 11-14-2013, 03:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,202,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
Are you talking about primaries? If this is a general race hypothetical, than what a hideous choice. They're both way too divisive to be president and represent our nation. That said, if I had to choose I'd hold my nose and vote for Clinton.

Is Cuomo no longer a name being thrown out there for the 2016 Democratic primaries?
How has Warren been divisive?

Old 11-14-2013, 03:41 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,540,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Clinton... even though she cowardly labeled her self a Progressive.
I'm seeing much in the way of derogatory implications directed at the word progressive, seems to me the definition of Progressive is a good thing Or is there another definition i'm not seeing in my dictionary?..

Quote:
progressive

1. favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.

2. making progress toward better conditions; employing or advocating more enlightened or liberal ideas, new or experimental methods, etc.: a progressive community.

3. characterized by such progress, or by continuous improvement.

4. ( initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to any of the Progressive parties in politics.

5. going forward or onward; passing successively from one member of a series to the next; proceeding step by step.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:52 PM

Sickofnyc: That's a joke, right? Warren is pretty far left relative to Democrats like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, two Democrats who I'd call generally center-left.

Divisive doesn't mean you're out actively looking for trouble, like Cruz. It just means a lot of people disagree with you. The farther you fall on either side of the political spectrum, the more divisive you are - by definition (of course there are a ton of additional factors that can also make a person divisive).

Old 11-14-2013, 04:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,202,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
Sickofnyc: That's a joke, right? Warren is pretty far left relative to Democrats like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, two Democrats who I'd call generally center-left.

Divisive doesn't mean you're out actively looking for trouble, like Cruz. It just means a lot of people disagree with you. The farther you fall on either side of the political spectrum, the more divisive you are - by definition (of course there are a ton of additional factors that can also make a person divisive).
The right has gone so far to the right that even right wing idol Reagan would be far too Liberal for them, so by those standards ANYONE and EVERYONE is divisive.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,426,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm seeing much in the way of derogatory implications directed at the word progressive, seems to me the definition of Progressive is a good thing Or is there another definition i'm not seeing in my dictionary?..
Yes, there is.
David Sirota: What's the Difference Between a Liberal and a Progressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirota
A "progressive" are those [sic] who focus on using government power to make large institutions play by a set of rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirota
Economic progressivism, by contrast, has historically trumpeted the government fiat as the best instrument of social change — think food safety, minimum wage and labor laws, and also post-Depression financial rules and enforcement agencies. Progressivism's central theory is that government, as the nation's supreme authority, can set parameters channeling capitalism's profit motive into societal priorities.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The right has gone so far to the right that even right wing idol Reagan would be far too Liberal for them, so by those standards ANYONE and EVERYONE is divisive.
Well, yeah. Every politician is divisive to a degree. The issue is just how divisive you are. I don't think Warren would fare well to get the majority of independents' votes. If she were to somehow, someway be the Democratic nominee (which she won't be because I don't think she's even interested in the position), it'd make the 2016 race much more of a nail-biter than if Clinton was the nominee.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:20 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,034,371 times
Hillary Clinton. Excellent experience, and I like her temperment for the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections