Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:10 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,310,863 times

Advertisements

In the last few days, we have seen how a corrupt government hurts us all. We have a choice now. Do we "change" by voting for more government, or do we really "change" by voting out the Charlie Rangel's, Nancy Pelosi's, & Harry Reid's. I fear that if we don't "change" Congress, it will matter very little whether we elect Obama or McCain. If we don't "change" Congress, we better not "change" by giving all the power to a group of proven and even admitted extreme liberals such as Pelosi, Reid, and Obama. One must also point out that the primary corruption has occurred in the sub-cabinet divisions of our government, i.e. Fannie Mae, Freddy Mac, IRS, HUD, etc.

Remember, the party of Obama, put forth a bill to drill for oil off our shores so long as its 50 miles offshore. Gee, lets see, isn't that about the distance of the continental shelf? Effectively meaning that the oil there is too deep and/or too expensive to recover. Once again we see the real spin. How much more spin is there in Obama's teleprompted speeches?

PS: A terrible thought. Please do not consider me a racist, but I don't know how to ask the question about the elephant in the room. The more government involves itself in our lives, the more I see "life on the plantation". I believe there are a lot of minority leaders (of all ethnicities: European, Asian, African, Hispanic, Native), who are truly more Uncle Tom than freedom organizers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 11:43 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,961,723 times
Well the world didn't end and the problem turned out to be a do nothing congress.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:38 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,293 times
Oil exploration has exploded under the Obama administration. What exactly are you afraid of except for fear itself?

On a side note and completely unrelated, I never get why people who live in a trailer park are so worried about big government controlling their life.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:43 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
the op is more right than wrong. look at all the scandals and the economy hasn't gone up much plus the middle east is exploding.

nice huh?

Old 06-26-2014, 03:13 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
The OP is correct & things have progressively worsened.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:15 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,310,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Oil exploration has exploded under the Obama administration. What exactly are you afraid of except for fear itself?

On a side note and completely unrelated, I never get why people who live in a trailer park are so worried about big government controlling their life.
Oil Exploration has indeed "EXPLODED" under the Obama administration, in spite of the Obama administration. Oil exploration is a true free market event. If there are profit opportunities, individuals and independent businesses will drill.

By the way, I grew up in Western Kentucky where during the 1930's-1980's, oil was as it is in North Dakota, and yes, we were "frac-ing" way back then. It was called "water-flooding" Same principles, same methods...
Yes, there were incidental & localized environmental issues, but even the worst of the damaged properties have self-healed and returned to full production. The biggest hazard, salt water.... Modern technologies have stifled those issues.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:27 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post

What type of residence is it you believe should make people worry about government controlling their life?

Old 07-04-2014, 03:10 PM

37,187 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Hang on. Things will change in 2 years, one way or another.
Agree. It's Hillary's race to lose unless the GOP can come up with something better than the retreads and loons currently milling about. They need a candidate that appeals to youth, women, students with loans, and people who are not rich, or they can hang it up. In one or two more election cycles there won't be enough of Lindsey Graham's "angry old white men" left to keep the GOP afloat.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The OP is correct & things have progressively worsened.
Actually, things for the country as a whole were a lot worse in 2008. Employment is up, home sales are up, the economy is progressing, more people have health insurance. The Iraq and Afghanistan are not in better shape, but most knew that wars were not going to improve those countries when the US invaded.

What has President Obama Done Right in Six Years? LOTS! But Was Stopped from Doing a Lot More (Rev 6-5-2014) [78*776]

Economically, Could Obama Be America's Best President? - Forbes

America Is Definitely Better Off Under Obama - US News

Old 07-04-2014, 03:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
In the last few days, we have seen how a corrupt government hurts us all. We have a choice now. Do we "change" by voting for more government, or do we really "change" by voting out the Charlie Rangel's, Nancy Pelosi's, & Harry Reid's. I fear that if we don't "change" Congress, it will matter very little whether we elect Obama or McCain. If we don't "change" Congress, we better not "change" by giving all the power to a group of proven and even admitted extreme liberals such as Pelosi, Reid, and Obama. One must also point out that the primary corruption has occurred in the sub-cabinet divisions of our government, i.e. Fannie Mae, Freddy Mac, IRS, HUD, etc.

Remember, the party of Obama, put forth a bill to drill for oil off our shores so long as its 50 miles offshore. Gee, lets see, isn't that about the distance of the continental shelf? Effectively meaning that the oil there is too deep and/or too expensive to recover. Once again we see the real spin. How much more spin is there in Obama's teleprompted speeches?
I have trouble taking such blind partisanship seriously. Anyone who sees America as "our side versus their side" is a lost little sheep, in my opinion. Baaaa. Baaaa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections