Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 05:29 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times

Advertisements

How this is going to play out is more predictable than an episode of Scooby Doo. Hillary will win the nomination for the Democrats. Jeb will win for the Republicans. The Republicans won't be able to craft a new or compelling anti-Hillary narrative. They will try and try to reveal something shocking and new, but anything they could have said about her has already been said. There's not a Republican in America who will vote for her, but she'll get the rank-and-file and some independents (both those who want to see a woman in the White House just because and those who truly vote for who they think could best do the job .. the woman, after all, is a professional).

Democrats won't have the same problem of coming up with an unexpected anti-Jeb narrative. They'll have a lot of options when it comes to tarnishing Jeb's image, particularly because Jeb is going to have a pretty easy time getting the nomination (my opinion). I have no idea what the dirt will be, and for the record Jeb seems ok to me, but everyone has some and his will surely will be found. Jeb will get all of the rank-and-file and most of loonies (The very thing that will count against him at first will actually come in handy in the end ... his last name. If I've learned anything about the extreme Right over the years it's that they're extremely juvenile. The thought of angry liberals cursing a Bush victory will be enough red meat for them to get behind Jeb, even with his supposed negatives.) If Jeb is who I think he is (a non idiot who is actually competent), he'll get some independents too, but I don't think he'll get enough to win.

Get used to saying President Clinton again folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 06:29 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Be prepared to rehash terry schiavo. Jeb did not come out of that looking "competent".

Old 02-14-2015, 10:01 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,407,702 times
Zoinks

Old 02-14-2015, 10:15 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
How this is going to play out is more predictable than an episode of Scooby Doo. Hillary will win the nomination for the Democrats. Jeb will win for the Republicans. The Republicans won't be able to craft a new or compelling anti-Hillary narrative. They will try and try to reveal something shocking and new, but anything they could have said about her has already been said. There's not a Republican in America who will vote for her, but she'll get the rank-and-file and some independents (both those who want to see a woman in the White House just because and those who truly vote for who they think could best do the job .. the woman, after all, is a professional).

Democrats won't have the same problem of coming up with an unexpected anti-Jeb narrative. They'll have a lot of options when it comes to tarnishing Jeb's image, particularly because Jeb is going to have a pretty easy time getting the nomination (my opinion). I have no idea what the dirt will be, and for the record Jeb seems ok to me, but everyone has some and his will surely will be found. Jeb will get all of the rank-and-file and most of loonies (The very thing that will count against him at first will actually come in handy in the end ... his last name. If I've learned anything about the extreme Right over the years it's that they're extremely juvenile. The thought of angry liberals cursing a Bush victory will be enough red meat for them to get behind Jeb, even with his supposed negatives.) If Jeb is who I think he is (a non idiot who is actually competent), he'll get some independents too, but I don't think he'll get enough to win.

Get used to saying President Clinton again folks.
It is not looking good for Republicans in 2016. It does work, too. Look at the 2012 circus freak show on the GOP side. Everyone that the liberal media attacked, the Republicans rallied behind. Democrats need to focus on economic issues in 2016, and drop the social issues. The courts are already taking care of LGBT issues, there's no need for lip service to them. Obama did that in his campaigns, and he was a very smart man to do so. I think the 2014 Midterms will be short lived, especially when the rest of the voters turn out next year.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Of coarse republicans will lose if they let the media and the establishment put Bush as their leader.

The Bush name is TOXIC.

The big push to project Mitt & Bish as the front runners, didn't gain any traction what so ever, falling flat on its face.

Rand still holds a commanding lead over all other Republicans, because he also has the Conservative side of the party too. Something Bush will never gain.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:55 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

The Bush name is TOXIC.

The Bush name IS toxic.

What's pathetic is that the Clinton name is not. Hillary is a sad excuse for a leader, a pathetic, overfed pig of a bureaucrat.

The Clinton's are the cancer that is destroying this country -- career politicians.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:04 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
The Bush name IS toxic.

What's pathetic is that the Clinton name is not. Hillary is a sad excuse for a leader, a pathetic, overfed pig of a bureaucrat.

The Clinton's are the cancer that is destroying this country -- career politicians.
Politicians only gain careers by being re-elected. Since incumbents always outnumber newbies, Americans like their professionals. If it was otherwise, we wouldn't see so many in Congress or in the state legislatures all over the nation, or in the counties, or in the cities.

Why isn't the Clinton name toxic? Because Clinton left a whopping surplus in the Treasury behind him when he left, and everyone remembers the 90s as being good times throughout the nation.

For sure, calling Hillary all the names you can come up with won't change a single mind in the voting booth.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:08 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
OP, Good post.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:27 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Democrats will most certainly anoint Hillary if she runs, but Jeb Bush will not get the same privilege on the GOP side. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't have a finger on the GOP base. Jeb Bush is Romney 2.0 . He wins the nomination only if the rest of the field self-implodes.

2016 will be an anointing for the Dems, and a scrum for the GOP. The latter process will produce the better candidate.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:33 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
wutitiz"He wins the nomination only if the rest of the field self-implodes. "

Given that field, it will implode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections