Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 01:39 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times

Advertisements

The dems are a joke and I'd be embarrassed to say I was a republican, even though I tend to agree with them more on fiscal matters.

What's my take from the night?

Who cares. Didn't vote, and from what I see the dems deserved to get pounded out there.

I'm a free agent now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 02:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Default Progressivism Trounced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
The dems are a joke and I'd be embarrassed to say I was a republican,

Why?

Quote:
even though I tend to agree with them more on fiscal matters.

Who cares. Didn't vote, and from what I see the dems deserved to get pounded out there.

I'm a free agent now.
You are perhaps a Free American once again! That's what you should be happy about, because the Democrats were attempting to take your FREEDOM and your LIBERTY from you and make you nothing but a poor serf.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:17 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Default No need to panic; Pubs still reek

The results were not surprising during these Midterm elections. Dems didn't show up to vote and Dem candidates foolishly distanced themselves from our great President Obama. Red states favored the GOP candidates. Pubs were busy gerrymandering, suppressing the vote, and so forth. The result was predictable.

So, as expected, we have a lame duck Congress controlled by Pubs for two years. More Republican nonsense will be on display than just the crap that was confined to the House. Now the world gets to laugh at BOTH Houses of Congress. The ideology of the Pubs still reeks, as the stench of Bush still remains. Pubs have not shown that they have any solutions to the problems which plague this country, problems they either created or continue to make worse.

President Obama has veto power over the Republican crap that will come out of Congress and Pubs in Congress can't override that veto by themselves.

2016 will see major changes in Congress overwhelmingly favoring Dems. A Democrat will succeed President Obama, and during that President's two terms, the Supreme Court will see a shift to the more enlightened Left as one of those hapless Right-wingers on the Court leaves.

Keep the faith.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:24 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Dems didn't show up to vote and Dem candidates foolishly distanced themselves from our great President Obama.
You realize that virtually everywhere Obama showed up - the Democrat lost. Brown lost blue Maryland - and the polls went from a big Brown lead to neck and neck after Obama arrived.

I know of Obama campaigning for 4 governor races - all 4 lost -- Wisconsin, Michigan, Maryland, Illinois.

P.S. if you think tonight was about Gerrymandering - or GOP undoing Democrat Gerrymandering then you are clueless...the GOP had far more votes nationwide.

Take Michigan for example, when the state is nearly 50-50 -- but the Democrats are densely populated in areas like Detroit (Obama won the biggest city in Michigan with 98% of the vote) -- having a normal geographic boundary would naturally result in more Republican seats. The Democrats struggle in the House, because the lack the appeal to non-urban areas for the most part...Remember Romney won 78% of the counties...natural geographic areas would favor the GOP as Democrats live far too clustered as a whole compared to Republicans.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 11-05-2014 at 04:43 AM..

Old 11-05-2014, 04:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
The results were not surprising during these Midterm elections. Dems didn't show up to vote and Dem candidates foolishly distanced themselves from our great President Obama. Red states favored the GOP candidates. Pubs were busy gerrymandering, suppressing the vote, and so forth. The result was predictable.

So, as expected, we have a lame duck Congress controlled by Pubs for two years. More Republican nonsense will be on display than just the crap that was confined to the House. Now the world gets to laugh at BOTH Houses of Congress. The ideology of the Pubs still reeks, as the stench of Bush still remains. Pubs have not shown that they have any solutions to the problems which plague this country, problems they either created or continue to make worse.
hahahaha..

Blue states went red, and the Democrats that didnt show up to vote, did so because they are discussed with Obama..
Quote:
President Obama has veto power over the Republican crap that will come out of Congress and Pubs in Congress can't override that veto by themselves.
Dont worry, Obama will continue to be a do nothing President, with your admission
Quote:
2016 will see major changes in Congress overwhelmingly favoring Dems. A Democrat will succeed President Obama, and during that President's two terms, the Supreme Court will see a shift to the more enlightened Left as one of those hapless Right-wingers on the Court leaves.
Judging by the accuracy of your postings in teh past, I wonder how many times you can proclaim the GOP is going to die off and be wrong..
Quote:
Keep the faith.
Oh I'm keeping the faith alright, that Obama will be gone in 2 short years..

Old 11-05-2014, 04:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
The dems are a joke and I'd be embarrassed to say I was a republican, even though I tend to agree with them more on fiscal matters.

I'm a free agent now.
This is what happens when people do not vote. You are one that said it made no difference and now you are ticked off. I wonder how many people stayed home that are now wondering what happened? I am, of course in 7th heaven, but if it had gone the other way, I would still be proud to be a Republican. It is nic to be loyal and not just a fair weather friend.

This doesn't mean I always agree with the GOP. I think it has been said by many, they are the party of the Old White men: damn, there must be a lot of people who aged fast and had sex changes just to vote yesterday!!!!

Old 11-05-2014, 04:57 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:

Keep the faith.
I am Glad you believe that. The Fact is the Voters want actions instead a President who looks at a teleprompter. We will see both House keeping a President with in the legal bounds of the office.

As far as Bush. Bush was correct on many issues and GW was a real leader. The Issues that GW warned about has come to past with Obama.

The next 2 yeas is although is on the GOP to make words into actions. The GOP appealed to both sides and did a good job on independents.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:41 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,243 times
why is it necessary for you people to put adjectives preceeding "president obama"

*our GREAT president obama*

LMAO

back in '08 it was hilarious because anytime yall mentioned obama yall had to throw the word "brilliant" in everytime

how the hell did tptb manage to get yall to all do this?...it's an amazing form of mind control that i would like to get my paws on

this is way past cheerleeding... this is kinda like religion dare i say

Old 11-05-2014, 05:46 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
The results were not surprising during these Midterm elections. Dems didn't show up to vote and Dem candidates foolishly distanced themselves from our great President Obama. Red states favored the GOP candidates. Pubs were busy gerrymandering, suppressing the vote, and so forth. The result was predictable
Yes, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Illinois are totally red states and that's why they elected Rupublican governors, and everyone predicted that would happen. Sheesh, not what I remember listening to the local DC news which covers Maryland state elections or the national news. Gerrymandering, by the way, has no impact on governor races or the Senate, unless you are implying state boundaries are gerrymandering.

Quote:
Which means Obama will have to own his policies and decisions, something he has struggled to do in the past 6 years.

Quote:

Keep the faith.
I do admire your tenacity in sticking with your script regardless of indications to the contrary or flat out reality.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:53 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times
Now, to lead and govern. The big challenge for politicians of all stripes.

I continue to be astounded at those who have no understanding, nor appreciation for our Constitutional Republic. That includes, the lawful re-districting that is allowed based on census year state elections. So-called 'gerrymandering' has been tested in Courts at the highest level for more than 200 years, only to be found to be within the bounds of the Constitution. Some exceptions to the 'Constitutionality' of redrawn districts noted. Those exceptions, districts found to have redrawn in violation of the Constitution, just prove that our system of checks and balances works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections