Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 08:22 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Liberals and Democrats hate government decisions. But they support them taking more of the people's money and more power.

That should tell you the idiocies of their supporters. <smack>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 08:28 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Today's Political Correctness Nazis are the greatest danger to liberty America has faced and are really the same as the Nazis of Germany in that they want to control what everyone else says and does and believes their ideology is superior to everyone else's and must be adhered to without fail.
The PC crowd has always been around. They are more successful today because they attach the word "racist" to everything and some folks still haven't worked out that word is now meaningless.

The "greatest danger" to America and our Democratic Republic, is ignoring our Constitution and our Laws. When the Law becomes meaningless (often through the actions of Judges and Elected officials), THEN Liberty is lost. We are in a downward spiral. Too many are willing to either ignore the Laws OR don't know how to stop the corruption of our Constitution and Rule of Law.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:34 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Yea, and what if we decide we don't want to "take stock of ourselves", tough guy?

What are you gonna do about it? Institute marshal law?
That won't be necessary; the rule of the marketplace -- the free flow of both goods and human opinion -- is going to penalize those who've detatched themselves too far from the realities of daily life.

The real question is -- How do we protect the majority who, basically, play by the rules? -- and without surrendering more of the natural rebelliousness that separates us from the supposedly "refined" European sheep, to Big Brother? What sort of procedure is going to weather the crises and restore the belief in Constitutional principle which both major parties have violated?

I wouldn't worry too much about "marshall" law (sic) -- but if some hot-head from over there in Lefty-Land can't even learn to spell? .....

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 07-07-2015 at 09:00 AM..

Old 07-07-2015, 08:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I want to thank all the RWNJ's on this thread for the insight to their mindset they have provided. Apparently they are frightened of loosing what they never had. What they call "Respect for Authority" is nothing more then Fear of Authority that believes they should think for themselves. I was raised with a fear of authority instilled by a frustrated drunk bully. I was terrified until I had him at spear point and told him that he was not worth killing. Yet.

The call for beating of Vietnam War protestors is an example of bullying as a form of government. I am a Vietnam War Veteran (USN Riverine Forces) that returned form Never-never land just as the protests began. I supported these kids as I was well aware the we were fighting for the wrong reason in the wrong place against the wrong people. IMHO we are just doing more of the same in the Middle East.

The RWA's want some form of Supreme Leader to return them to the nirvana they never had. As I have seen what happens to people and nations under these psychotics a SL is the last thing I want to see for this country. We really need to ignore the RWNJ's and get on with recovering our Republic from the Conservative Corporatist thieves that have stolen it.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You liberals and democrats b*tch about the malfeasant government

yet you support giving government more of our money and more power. It doesn't make sense unless you understand that Obama, liberals and democrats played the people, the guise of thinking government will take from someone else and give it to you. You've been bought with a lie.
You conservatives support giving government more money and power with your seemingly permanent platform plank of MORE MILITARY SPENDING.

Your inability to see that would be laughable if it weren't so sad.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:42 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I hate to say it, but I think what should have happened is all the unrest and political anti-war stuff that happened during the Vietnam War should have been put down brutally if necessary and prison sentences handed out. They should have not only suppressed the liberal movement but destroyed it.

I'm not saying they should have kept segregation and all the racism idiocy, that should have been dealt with 100 years before it was, right after the Civil War. But this liberalism is really, really bad for the world.

I think many of them are well intentioned, good people. But the ones pushing the agenda at the top are terrible, godless people. They are not Americans as far as I'm concerned, they are anarchists.
Uuuh; I could be wrong but wasn't Kent State an exact example of what you are suggesting would have ended today's nonsense? They put that nasty illegal protest down "tuite-suite", did they not?

I'm thinking you should be glad your wish was not granted.

Here's something for you to consider; as an after-analysis to that terrible event, I (a production line supervisor at Canadian Arsenal Ltd in Longbranch, Ontario, Canada) got an order to manufacture 20,000 18", entirely black anodized bayonets for the American National Guard. I asked WTF are they going to do with these things and was told "their thinking is that a mob faced with a line of soldiers with those things "fixed" would likely disperse immediately before any violence manifested itself."

How freak'n stupid was that idea? I'm assuming saner heads prevailed as that order was never repeated and to this day, I have never heard if they were even issued.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You conservatives support giving government more money and power with your seemingly permanent platform plank of MORE MILITARY SPENDING.

Your inability to see that would be laughable if it weren't so sad.
Is that what the liberal media tells you I think? Ok thanks, I'm now up to speed on my thoughts and feelings.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
I'm glad to see someone finally pin-point where today's mess began.
except that todays "mess" didnt start in the 60s, it started much further back than that. it actually started before world war one with the wilson administration. when the 16th, and 17th amendments were ratified, it started us on the path to where we are now. the progressive movement in this country goes back even further, to teddy roosevelt. then we had the prohibition era where a lot of people got rich supplying alcohol to the people of the country, and our government even allowed some alcohol to be distilled in this country, they just added methanol to those mixes, even though they knew that the people would drink the product.

but it was world war two that accelerated things. with millions of men going off to war, we had to have someone build the war materials and deliver them to the front, so for many of those jobs women were tasked with those things. and when the war ended, we couldnt expect the women to just go back to being secretaries and such, and then men, most of whom had never heard of many of the places they fought in, let alone traveled there, had a contact with other societies, and other ways of thinking, and had seen things that human beings should never see in their lifetime, came back changed people.

some become even more conservative, some came back more liberal. but they all came back with a different view of the freedoms we have in this country compared to those in other countries.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
OMG Scary to think people like this actually do exist.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Please do describe in detail how clamping down on alleged immoral behavior would have prevented the Vietnam War? HOW would that have prevented Eisenhower from sending advisors, JFK continuing that, LBJ sending combat troops, and that POS Nixon attempting to manipulate the end of the war to benefit his reelection with no concern for who died as a result?
Politicians caving into political pressure for votes! Of course that should be changed, but that was not the real problem with the impact of the younger generation of that day having terrible consequences today!

Good grief. I never said or implied it would have prevented the Vietnam War. What I said was that we should have stamped down the "protests" of that war. I should have also added that IMHO "Hanoi Jane Fonda" should have be labeled a traitor and faced the consequences...either stay with her North Vietnam friends and don't ever come back to America or come back and face legal traitor consequences...another additional stomp on that horrible mess of a generation doing protesting which was a terrible thing to do to our soldiers who were giving their lives to protect all that America guaranteed to those disrespectful and anti-American protestors.

We could have stopped this mess of today if we had taken care of that "undisciplined" generation.

Quote:
The REAL immoral behavior of the time was LBJ's and RMN's for which I can only hope they both inhabit a special circle of hell over.
LBJ brought us the welfare mess of today...yes. Richard Nixon was screwed in that he merely tried to protect those working for him and made the mistake of trying to cover up. Yes, he should never have yielded to the protest crap and pulled out of Vietnam which did, indeed, cost millions of lives. On that we do agree.

Last edited by lorrysda; 07-07-2015 at 09:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections