Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:02 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times

Advertisements

Well I hope Hillary beats the pants off all the men that are up against her. Part the problem is she is a woman and they have ganged up on her.
Shame on them.
I'm glad she beat Obama Last night. Brought him down a few pegs. After that nasty remark he made to her about being "nice enough Hillary". He deserved what he got and I hope there is plenty more where that came from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 01:05 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
I talked to several conservative Democrats today (men) who said that if Hillary gets nominated, they will vote for her Republican opponent. The irony here, of course, is that Hillary is supposed to be the conservative Democrat, while Obama and Edwards are perceived as more liberal. The other irony is that these conservative men have a favorable opinion of Obama. There may be sexism at work here, but the point is, Hillary is in for some rough sailing in the general election.
I have talked to some female liberal Democrats who told me they would never vote for Hillary.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:17 PM

2,329 posts, read 6,634,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Well I hope Hillary beats the pants off all the men that are up against her. Part the problem is she is a woman and they have ganged up on her.
Shame on them.
I'm glad she beat Obama Last night. Brought him down a few pegs. After that nasty remark he made to her about being "nice enough Hillary". He deserved what he got and I hope there is plenty more where that came from
ganged up on??? maybe you didnt notice, but she was/is the U.S. presidential frontrunner for the democratic party. what the hell do you expect?! if she cant take it now and is going to start whimpering every time the boys dont play nice and call her names, i quiver to think how she will handle the world stage.

im a democrat, but if it comes down to her im staying home, because ill be damned if she gets into office in my name.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:04 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:
Since we know a candidate can become President without even having a majority of the votes I'sd say a 2% winning edge is nothing to sneeze at

Hillary's 2% lead over Obama is within the margin of error (-/+ 4%). This means that the result could just as well have gone in favor of Obama. It was basically a coin toss. There is no mandate here. Is this a good sign for Hillary Clinton? Of course not. With all the money, fame, and organization she has at her disposal, she only managed to win what amounts to a coin-toss margin over a black man in an overwhelmingly white state.

When super Tuesday rolls around, the states holding primaries will be more diverse racially than New Hampshire and Iowa (eg West Virginia, Florida, New Jersey, California, Nevada, New Mexico etc), which may make the contest even more competitive in favor of Obama.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:28 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Lightbulb Coin toss?

I think the nominations for both parties are still a coin toss overall at this point. If Obama can pick up wins in SC (likely) and NV (possible) then he'll regain some momentum going into Feb 5th. If Hillary can win one of those two, then there'll be no clear frontrunner on Super Tuesday. And from where I sit, that massive primary day looks like a crapshoot at this point. And whoever comes out on top that day will more than likely be the nominee.

On the Republican side, Huckabee has quite a bit of appeal outside of the south, but it might not be enough to overcome McCain or Romney. The Michigan primary should tell us a lot about the relative strength between Mccain and Romney. I don't think there's much doubt about Huckabee winning SC, though.

Feb 5th should be a very fun day in both parties.

Personally, even though my favorite candidate is Bill Richardson, I'd like to see the election come down to Huckabee vs Obama. That way, no matter who wins, it should be a breath of fresh air in Washington. Clinton or Mccain would just give us more of the same-old, same-old. Probably Romney, too.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:34 PM

A lot of people, including me, feel that way. So tired of the old. We really need new blood.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:38 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
A lot of people, including me, feel that way. So tired of the old. We really need new blood.

But wait! I thought she has no experience, is not an experienced politician, hasn't DONE anything yet?!

If so, then she IS new blood. Or is she old blood by association?

Old 01-09-2008, 02:39 PM

She really isn't new. She is a clone of her hubby's and, if not a clone, a puppet. Same old, same old. I never said anything about experience. Don't care. Not important. Good, fresh, new ideas are important. I don't go along with what is told to me about experience. I have my own ideas. I have worked in corporations where they took a chance on someone with no previous experience of the type ....and they were quite successful. If you hire/appoint the right people, you will be successful, not like Bush, who didn't listen to Colin Powell about the war when he was advised NOT to enter into a war there.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I have talked to some female liberal Democrats who told me they would never vote for Hillary.

Good. If Hillary gets the nomination, they can vote for the Republican alternative then. THAT'LL show everyone!

Old 01-09-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
She really isn't new. She is a clone of her hubby's and, if not a clone, a puppet. Same old, same old.

Oh? How is she a clone of her husbands Is that your assumption, after an educated studying of her platform vs. his? Or does marriage make two people one?

And a puppet? The only thing being pulled around here are groupies to a rockstar personality. Because YOU like him, everyone else must as well!

Greatest line from yesterday by Hillary was something along the lines of, "Thank you my supporters for voting your hearts AND minds!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections