Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:26 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times

Advertisements

No marriage does not make 2 people one, but this one does. Their whole careers have been spent toward this goal, otherwise there is no way her independent personality would have withstood his philanderings over and over and over. They lost their souls a long time ago and along with it, my respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 03:29 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
No marriage does not make 2 people one, but this one does. Their whole careers have been spent toward this goal, otherwise there is no way her independent personality would have withstood his philanderings over and over and over. They lost their souls a long time ago and along with it, my respect.
Is it so bad to have ambition to be President? How many politician's wives are locked in marriage "for the good of their husbands?" How many gay Republicans need to stay married to prove their not gay?

If she's running simply because she wants POWER, THAT is where you lose respect. If she believes she can and will make a difference as leader, it is not dishonorable to work through your marriage problems (isn't that what you're SUPPOSED to do when you take marriage vows, anyway?) Because maybe she thinks she'd actually do the best job.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:04 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
I'm sure she does.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:37 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,887 times
I have a question:

How would Hillary Clinton gain the respect of other national leaders like Putin, Hu Jintao, Chavez, etc. by crying like a little girl?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:42 AM

751 posts, read 1,178,974 times
Hillary never answered the question about giving driver licenses to illegals. Apparently, she thinks it is a good idea but she does not agree with it . I guess, it was just a "gotcha" question as she stated.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:56 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
I have a question:

How would Hillary Clinton gain the respect of other national leaders like Putin, Hu Jintao, Chavez, etc. by crying like a little girl?

How? I'm guessing with a little intelligent dialogue she'd probably gain respect more effectively than with the blather, bluster, and arrogance currently being employed.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How? I'm guessing with a little intelligent dialogue she'd probably gain respect more effectively than the blather, bluster, and arrogance currently being employed has done.
And rather than answer a very well-phrased question by a prospective New Hampshire voter, Clinton abandoned intelligent dialogue and instead played on the tired old female stereotype of being a damsel in distress. And it worked.

But it's only going to work once. In the meantime, she's provided yet more evidence of her calculating, manipulating and caniving tendencies.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
I have a question:

What makes you think she'll "cry like a girl" in the face of world leaders the same way she did crying about personal issues?

Will Romney cry everytime he sends someone to war, thinking that it's one of his boys coming home in a coffin?

Blatant sexism on display here, and I NEVER play with "ism" decks of cards!

Old 01-10-2008, 10:51 AM

Interesting that Tom Brokaw doesn't seem to believe that Hillary's tears were a ploy and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's had far more opportunity to personally observe her than most posters in this forum.

It's truly amazing how many seem to believe themselves capable of knowing exactly what someone else is thinking and feeling. I wish I had that capability, poker would be providing a comfortable living

Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
What makes you think she'll "cry like a girl" in the face of world leaders the same way she did crying about personal issues?

Will Romney cry everytime he sends someone to war, thinking that it's one of his boys coming home in a coffin?

Blatant sexism on display here, and I NEVER play with "ism" decks of cards!

As a man I have no doubt that anyone who underestimates the emotional strength/resolve of women is making a huge mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections