Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 01:04 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,236,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I believe that Hillary's strategy to keep the GOP out of the white house is already in play, with her driving a van all the way to Iowa and meeting everyday people, all along the route. .
She will position herself as the spokesperson for the average man or woman. The "everyman". the "common man".
The republicans will position themselves as the destroyers of the status quo and a return to an America we've fought long and hard to leave in the dustbin of history.

Her slow ride across the heartland of America brought back a distant memory from my early days of working with political candidates on national elections.

It was March 23rd, 1992 and I was working for Oregon Public Television. Bill Clinton was going to be doing a town hall meeting on closed circuit TV, all throughout Oregon, with video and two-way audio for Q&A. I was Bill's floor director for the event. At that time he was 17 points behind GW Bush in the polls.
The event went well, and when we faded to black, at the end, I handed Bill my day planner and asked him if he would autograph it for me. When he grabbed it, I said to him, "Sir, I really hope you become the next president of the United States."
He turned to me and looked directly in my eyes and froze me in place with his stare and asked me "Why?"
Taken completely by surprise, I blurted out "Because you represent me. You represent my generation and my ideas."
He continued to stare at me with those intense blue eyes for about 15 seconds without saying a word. Then he said, "Thank you. That's very helpful."
He signed my day planner "To________. Great Job! Thank you very much. Bill Clinton.

Hillary will run on the same platform as Bill did. Representing Me. Representing Everyman, the common man, the middle of the population. She will represent opportunity for all, built on compassion and inclusion rather than division and separation.

I still work in event production, even though officially retired. Starting in October, this year, there will be non-stop political media events until the election in 2016. As this is Arizona, I'll do mostly republican, with a few democrat meet and greets, fund raisers and podium speeches. The lights, mikes and blue drape backdrops will be set by me and my crew. I'll be honored to do any and every event Hillary Clinton chooses to do in the Southwest area.
She has my support and she has my vote. She, as did her husband, best represents my interests and ideals.
Thanks for reading.
She went into a chipotle a couple of days ago and no one recognized her .She is not the people person Bill was she is aloof and a liar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 01:14 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,678,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
is that you Chelsea????? how many accounts you have?

her Iowa trip tour didn't work in 2008....you think average people in Iowa are stupid?

Hillary is no Bill in speaking and campaigning........this is not 1992.
Thanks for the sophomoric, juvenile response to my post.

No I'm not Chelsea. I'm an event producer who has been producing political events since 1986.
I personally shut off the mics at the Arizona Biltmore when Sarah Palin tried to storm the stage with her staff and run over Steve Schmidt and his staff.
I have one account. Mohawkx. I've only ever had one account.

The ideals Hillary has are exactly the same ideals that Bill Clinton has. I expect republican, low brow, right wing cretins to be very afraid of her this election cycle, as you apparently are. She represents ideas. you represent nothing. your party doesn't even have a platform to run on.

You know what's going to be the biggest killer for you this election cycle? Hillary has no democratic competition in the primaries. That means the Democratic party can pivot and focus on the Senatorial and House elections in 2016. There are an awful lot of republican seats up for grabs this cycle and many, if not most, will end up with democrats as the victors. You may very well end up with Hillary as president and the Senate controlled by the Dems again with a filibuster proof majority.
Take that to the bank.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:39 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,787,319 times
Quote:
at least Republicans will have a real primary with NEW people......Democrats are just going to crown Hillary because of the Clinton machine....that is the joke.
Hmmm, my news sources must be failing me.

Who *are* the new R candidates? IOW, people we haven't seen before????

Old 04-15-2015, 01:39 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,285,244 times
Quote:

No I'm not Chelsea. I'm an event producer who has been producing political events since 1986.
I personally shut off the mics at the Arizona Biltmore when Sarah Palin tried to storm the stage with her staff and run over Steve Schmidt and his staff.

The ideals Hillary has are exactly the same ideals that Bill Clinton has. I expect republican, low brow, right wing cretins to be very afraid of her this election cycle, as you apparently are. She represents ideas. you represent nothing. your party doesn't even have a platform to run on.

You know what's going to be the biggest killer for you this election cycle? Hillary has no democratic competition in the primaries. That means the Democratic party can pivot and focus on the Senatorial and House elections in 2016. There are an awful lot of republican seats up for grabs this cycle and many, if not most, will end up with democrats as the victors. You may very well end up with Hillary as president and the Senate controlled by the Dems again with a filibuster proof majority.
Take that to the bank.

My God, I was kidding with you.....why are you so sensitive?

and why are you such a Hillary nuthugger or should I say tithugger .......you make it sound like she is the best thing since slice bread.

Hillary will not change anything. She is an establishment politician that will go where the wind blows to get to power.

The fact is half of the country doesn't like Hillary.......the Republican have a majority in the house and senate and have 31 governorships to 18 for democrats in the nation......you must be smoking crack to believe Hillary will turn the nation to a majority democrat in all branches of government.....Obama couldn't do it and he is more liked than Hillary what makes you think Hillary can?....the more she opens her mouth the more fake and robotic she looks.............and what platform will Hillary be running on?.....you don't even know....lol

Old 04-15-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
My God, I was kidding with you.....why are you so sensitive?

and why are you such a Hillary nuthugger or should I say tithugger .......you make it sound like she is the best thing since slice bread.

Hillary will not change anything. She is an establishment politician that will go where the wind blows to get to power.

The fact is half of the country doesn't like Hillary.......the Republican have a majority in the house and senate and have 31 governorships to 18 for democrats in the nation......you must be smoking crack to believe Hillary will turn the nation to a majority democrat in all branches of government.....Obama couldn't do it and he is more liked than Hillary what makes you think Hillary can?....the more she opens her mouth the more fake and robotic she looks.............and what platform will Hillary be running on?.....you don't even know....lol
Sorry, didn't get the joke. My bad.

What I'm trying to express is the fact that the Dems have a hundred yard head start in the race to the presidency due to the fact that Hillary will take the primary without a contest. Meanwhile, the republicans will be slogging it out in the trenches fighting each other in the primaries.
We all know that each side will raise at least a billion dollars on the campaigns. Much of that money will go to fighting for a spot on the ticket for republicans. Democrats can immediately pivot and focus on local senatorial and representative races with cash and clout to wrest some of those senate seats away from republicans instead of concentrating on the primaries. There are 10 Democratic Senate seats up for grabs and 24 Republican seats this election cycle. Hillary will be able to freely do what she does best, while the Democratic National Committee will be focusing on wresting some of those 24 Senate seats away from the republicans.
In the end, We get a Democratic woman for president, a Senate democratic majority that is filibuster proof and a very slight republican House majority, due to the gerrymandering.

That's all I'm trying to say.

For the record, I feel that If Hillary wins or Jeb Bush wins, the nation will be in good hands. Any other candidate wins........we're screwed.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:01 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,837,951 times
Quote:

Take that to the bank.
Thanks for the laugh.

It is more likely I'll be struck by commet than the dems holding 60+ seats in the senate.

I would put the odds of hillary winning at 55% at this point, the senate being controlled by the dems at 25% at most. Not very many open seats for any sort of movement. If seats become open like they were in 2014 the odds increase. But sitting senators in both parties rarely lose.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Thanks for the laugh.

It is more likely I'll be struck by commet than the dems holding 60+ seats in the senate.

I would put the odds of hillary winning at 55% at this point, the senate being controlled by the dems at 25% at most. Not very many open seats for any sort of movement. If seats become open like they were in 2014 the odds increase. But sitting senators in both parties rarely lose.
With all due respect, I posted my logic for my conclusions one post up from yours. It's all about the money and which party has to spend it where. Also there are 24 republican Senate seats up for grabs this cycle compared to only 10 democrats. the Democratic National Committee will be focusing on those 24 seats with cash to spare and clout, while you guys fight it out for the republican nomination. That's a big disadvantage built in, right there.
House of reps......not so much.
Repubs maintain their majority due to Gerrymandered districts.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 8 days ago)

52,716 posts, read 48,027,377 times
Hillary Rotten Clinton will not be our next president. All Democrats really do is campaign, lie, plot, and scheme. It's not a huge surprise that she is plotting something against the GOP, but we won't be fooled. People are tired of having their intelligence insulted.

The movement for conservatism will finally pay off in 2016.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:21 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,837,951 times
Quote:
With all due respect, I posted my logic for my conclusions one post up from yours. It's all about the money and which party has to spend it where. Also there are 24 republican Senate seats up for grabs this cycle compared to only 10 democrats. the Democratic National Committee will be focusing on those 24 seats with cash to spare and clout, while you guys fight it out for the republican nomination. That's a big disadvantage built in, right there.
House of reps......not so much.
Repubs maintain their majority due to Gerrymandered districts.
When election rate for senators is usually in the 90+ percent range, even the difference in open seats is just a small swing of 2-3 at most. I could see the republicans even keeping a narrower majority in the senate. Your analysis of the senate election is simplistic at best.

Just look at the specific seats available and who is running, I can see republicans losing 3-4 seats in swing states (Indiana being the most likely with Wisconsin following) and gaining 1 dem seat (Neveda) and an outside chance in Colorado.
– Up for Re-Election in 2016

The republicans will have more than enough money and will be focusing on those very same seats and even a couple of blue seats. Their is only so many TV and radio spots to buy up in swing states.

Hillary going in uncontested might not even the best thing. She needs the challengers to hone her skills, especially if she ends up going against a better orator in Cruz or Rubio.

Last edited by shooting4life; 04-15-2015 at 02:31 PM..

Old 04-15-2015, 03:57 PM

16,046 posts, read 7,074,593 times
Quote:
at least Republicans will have a real primary with NEW people......Democrats are just going to crown Hillary because of the Clinton machine....that is the joke.
none of the republicans are new. we know them well and they scare the hell out of us and fear for america.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections