Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 08:38 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,075,943 times

Advertisements

I think its going to end up with one of these

Rand Paul is going to appeal to the Libertarian group who was loyal to his father Ron Paul, he is also going to appeal to a broader base because he is more younger and more "mainstream" than his father.

Marco Rubio is going to be appealing to Republicans because he is young and seen as the up and coming just like Obama was with the Democrats

Jeb Bush is going to appeal to the moderates and because of his last name, he is also seen as the "kinder" bush

Ted Cruz is going to appeal the fiscallt conservative, he also comes froma a solid big red state. He is not too young or not too old, he is also very intelligent and i think he is going to be supported by big money backers

Me personally i think its going to end up being Cruz against Clinton

Paul has a loyal base but he is seen as too radical

Bush, his last name is still seen too negatively

Rubio is gonna be sen as too young

Cruz looks and speaks like the perfect candidate, has backers, and comes from a huge state

Sex and Race are going to play a big part. It will be the Latino Republican againt the Democratic woman. Its just reality.

tpbp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 08:44 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Republicans will lose for sure with Cruz over Hillary. Cruz will mainly score with those who are mainly pro God, pro Gun and anti-Gay on the issues. Hillary with everybody else, the majority.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:45 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
I like Cruz too.

But you do know he is only five months older than Rubio, whom you think is too young.

Just sayin'

CN.......

Old 04-14-2015, 08:52 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Sex and Race are going to play a big part. It will be the Latino Republican againt the Democratic woman. Its just reality.
Except that pesky fact that Latino isn't a race....

Oh, you didn't know that there are white Latinos, black Latinos, and multi-racial Latinos?

Old 04-14-2015, 08:55 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
I'm partial to Rand Paul myself, but I wouldn't count out Rubio, he would bring in a lot of hispanic votes and his background helps paint him as coming from outside the establishment which makes him popular with young conservatives.

I can't say anything bad about Cruz, except his affiliation with the Tea Party turns off establishment republicans and frankly, he looks a bit weasel-ish.....it's sad that in this day and age people are shallow enough to let his looks play a part but....they will.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:58 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,762,258 times
He does not look like a president at all.

Though Hillary is not ideal, she will probably win.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:26 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
I think its going to end up with one of these

Rand Paul is going to appeal to the Libertarian group who was loyal to his father Ron Paul, he is also going to appeal to a broader base because he is more younger and more "mainstream" than his father.

Marco Rubio is going to be appealing to Republicans because he is young and seen as the up and coming just like Obama was with the Democrats

Jeb Bush is going to appeal to the moderates and because of his last name, he is also seen as the "kinder" bush

Ted Cruz is going to appeal the fiscallt conservative, he also comes froma a solid big red state. He is not too young or not too old, he is also very intelligent and i think he is going to be supported by big money backers

Me personally i think its going to end up being Cruz against Clinton

Paul has a loyal base but he is seen as too radical

Bush, his last name is still seen too negatively

Rubio is gonna be sen as too young

Cruz looks and speaks like the perfect candidate, has backers, and comes from a huge state

tpbp
The GOP is not that stupid, at least not yet. None of the GOP candidates that have thrown their hat in the ring so far will even make the final cut.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:30 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,015 times
I support Cruz and hope he wins the nomination. He'll wipe up Hillary in the debates.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:31 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times
"Its going to end up being Hillary Clinton vs Ted Cruz"

Great, a crook and an actor. What a choice, I might be forced to sit this one out.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:33 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Republicans will lose for sure with Cruz over Hillary. Cruz will mainly score with those who are mainly pro God, pro Gun and anti-Gay on the issues. Hillary with everybody else, the majority.
We're barely into the first mile of a 26.2 mile marathon. Making a "for sure" prediction at this point is a fool's errand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections